He is something

Curious or Care

CHAPTER 12


Yurin secretly pouts in annoyance and watch him continue walking, and for a second, his figure vanished through the kitchen. She slowly moving then stroll to the living room and stop at the middle of it. Her eyes observe around her with silent. The room quite messy with books around. She presses her lips into the line, before carefully sit down on the cold floor near the coffee table with crossed-leg.

"Are we going to do it here?" She mumbles, is not that sure, however she drops the bag off her shoulder then placed it beside her. Her fingers automatically brought up to her shoulder to give a little massage, due to the fact she was bringing the laptop all over here. A quite sigh left immediately, then take out the laptop from her bag before putting them on the large coffee table in front of her. Her fingers press the button to turn them on.

while waiting for it, her eyes wander again and land at the blank television for a few seconds then at the books on the floor. She picks them up one by one as neatly stacking them together before placing back down. She just seems natural to do that without any coercive. she noticed on the coffee table also being filled up by the plenty of papers. 

Yurin take one of them and peek at it.

it was a drawing of their project, still half complete.

"I don't know he has started it already" She mutters, and pout a bit. 

She puts back down and when she was about to take another one. A small note book distracted her all of sudden. She stops moving before his hand slowly brought to the catchy thing. Her fingers carefully flips the cover open and a piece of paper greet her eyes. It's seem not from the book but just a paper that he randomly puts it, she guess.

It's a writing hand, probably belong to Yongguk. Yurin looks at it and think that was sort of poem or anything like that. for a moment, she forgot the warning Yongguk gave her a few minutes ago and read them silently.

A first sentence already having her amazement, when the words he was choosing quite wise. Yurin reads them again and realized that he was writing about himself. She feels guilty for a moment for went through his privacy. 

Shaking her head a little at her rudeness then skips them away. she was about to turn away but the last writing caught her eyes completely.

 

I don't need those people but her bothers me,

Even I was a small existence, she does noticed me,

I run and hide cowardly, at the end she got me.

Who are you? I'm confused.

I suffocated and push her away.

I failed escaping myself, this is not right, 

Then I realized myself, because

 

Yurin eyebrows wrinkles right away when she notices the paper had been ripped at the bottom which make the words seems uncompleted.

"Because what?" She tilted her head in curious. She is not sure who is the girl he was writing about. is she from his past?

"I told you to not touch my stuff" A smooth voice greet her eardrums in surprise.

Yurin startled and quickly shove them back in his note book and look at the screen of her laptop, as if she was not doing anything. Yongguk placed two mugs at the coffee table and take a sit opposite her. He glanced at the note book for a second before looking at her again.

"I saw what you were doing" He calmly states, taking his note book away and put them on the floor beside him. 

Yurin slowly runs her gaze and look at him. "You didn't mad?"

He takes a moment as picks one of his paper from the table, "I am" He casually said.

"Then, why don't you scold me?" Yurin asked. He didn't answer instead tiny up the scatter papers in front of him before lifting up his head to her "Someone like you, it not used to scold"

Yurin press her lips together, studying him. "Am I too much?" 

But only earning his small shrugs. there was a few minutes before Yurin opening again "Ok, That's fine if you want to scold me or not, but I do realized of what have I done and I know it was wrong"

"That's the answer why I didn't scold you" He admits. Yurin tiny her eyes, a bit puzzle but at last just let it be.

...

"Yongguk, let me help you" Yurin breaks the silence between them. It's has been two hours already they are working on project but at the end left Yurin doing nothing. She just noticed how struggle the male is making a drawing alone. he has to make a least eight but he only finished two by now.

His attention distracted by her sudden voice and make him frown almost in annoyance.

"Yongguk" She called once again when she got nothing from the male. He makes a sigh.

"Why don't you finish the essay? Don't bother me now" He simply said without taking off his eyes from the paper.

"I can't , the problem is I can't type without the drawing" She explains while her eyes watching the pencil he is holding move back and forth to the white paper.

"Fine, then do whatever you what" He grunts as ignore her again. He literally didn't give a damn about her anymore.

"Okay!" She smiles wide and start to tie up her long hair into a pony tail. She takes her pencil inside her bag and begin helping him. She tries to draw on her way but it's not easy as she thought. No wonder the male keep on grunting during his work. Sometimes, the drawing didn't go as you want and it's quite test your patience to be honest.

Yurin quietly hisses under her breath as her hand instantly reaches for a eraser that not far from her, but they suddenly gone which having yurin in confused. She looks up at Yongguk who is the one took it away.

"What? Get your own eraser" He said, gripping the thing in his hand. Yurin dumbfounded.

"Are you kidding me right?" She lifts up her eyebrows to him.

"Do you see me like I'm making a joke right now?" He seriously asked. Yurin remains silent and try to read him. 

"I didn't bring them, so give it to me" She opens her palm to him, trying not to smack his head or anything for driving her nuts all of sudden. 

"Just like I told you before, stay away from my stuff" he is still being a stubborn child with the stupid reason. 

Yurin shuts her eyes for a second then slowly takes a long breath before releasing them away. At last she just remains quiet as her eyes only be able to stare at her ugly drawing. She doesn't want to argue with him because she knows she will lost against him. She places the pencil down. 

Yongguk who is sitting infont of her watching her hard, then let out a heavy breath. He roughly takes her paper then helping erase it for her. Yurin almost jump as she looks up at him weirdly.

"No, not that" She almost raised up her voice when Yongguk was about to erase wrongly. His hand immediately stop upon her voice echoed before he looks up with that annoying stare to her.

Yurin grins then point her index finger. "Here, here"

Yongguk rolls up his eyes while his hand starts moving again, did as she told.

After all of the moment, the atmosphere become silent again as both of them seriously doing their work and trying to put full attention on their drawing. Yurin pushes the strands of her hair that keeps falling down to her face since a few minutes ago, after scratching them a lot due to the tension. but it's seem endless and she was tired to put it back behind her ear again and again. So, she decided to ignore it, however a hand suddenly catch the strands which make her stops drawing and lift up her head instantly. her eyes meets yongguk's. 

He is staring at her for quite long before his other hand begin to take one of his clip paper then put it to her hair along the strands, prevent them to fall down again. Yurin's lips a part a little, a bit surprise at his simple action, then pressing into line.

"You are annoying me, I can't focus" He states, taking his pencil back and continue to draw again. 

Yurin flinch as blink for a second. "I'm sorry" She mutters, her voice sink deep. Yongguk didn't say anything.

...

The sun seems want to drop down and now Yurin already stands outside of his house by the door, putting on her canvas shoes. Yongguk watches her as leaning his body to the frame of the door.

She was done wearing her shoes then putting her bag around her shoulder before turning to him. "Well" she seems awkward to the point she wanted to slap herself now.

"I'm leaving" She said, and yongguk only give a simple 'hum', didn't care much. She slowly turns around but for a few seconds, she turns again to Yongguk. He lifts up his eyebrows at her. 

She clears . "I'm just wondering if you are kind today.."

"Just get to the point" He cuts her off. Yurin grins, "Why don't you take me home for today? well, just suggesting" 

His face change as if hold in his laughter. Yurin notices it and she completely regret for what she said just now.

"I thought you are brave enough" He casually states. "No, I don't have any intention to go out from my house, plus it's almost dark now" He explained. Yurin looks at him long and try to find something. but his blank face, disappointed her so much. She can't help herself as her stomach start to shrink after hearing the 'dark' word.

"hmm okay" She gives up, swallowing her saliva down. He nods.

"Yurin"

"Yes?" she quickly response when he called her.

"Don't get , ok?" He brutally remarks. Yurin tiny her eyes at the male.

"Thanks you for the concerned. I appreciate it so much" She mutters with full of sarcastic in her voice. 

"You're welcome" He sincerely smile. Yurin looks at him in disbelieve as turn around. but he calls her again and this time she really pissed off.

Yurin immediately turns her head to him "What agai-"

Pap!

A hard push on her forehead almost stumbled her backwards. "Yah! what the heck was that?"

For the first time she shouted with her loud voice, burst out her anger eventually.

"Yah? how sweet" A deep voice greet her ears again. 

Yurin angrily yanks the sticker note on her forehead away and sharply glance at him. she breath in and out as her chest moving along. This time she really can't hold it. She really wanted to get mad and now she is mad completely.

"What do think you are doing? what if I fall down? I know you won't care but.. arhh!" She really lost her words because she is too angry. "Just, what is wrong with you?!" she yells.

"Finally, I can see your anger face" He suddenly mutters. Yurin's face slowly shuts down by his words. 

Her eyes narrow as stare at him confused,"Why?"

"because, I'm sick of your calm face" He blunts. "That, take a look" He adds as mentioning her to look at the small paper he gave her a minute ago. Yurin remains silent and slowly she looks down at the paper in her hand. it was his phone number.

"Are you really giving it to me?" she asks unsure. Yongguk just simply shrugs.

She takes her phone out and started to type his number in front of him before making a call. She looks up at him who is staring at her already and waiting for his phone to ring but nothing sound come out, even Yongguk didn't give any response. all he does is staring at her.

She hangs up the call "Are you lying to me?" she tiredly asked, but he didn't answer. 

She smiles "It's okay, I'm leaving now" She said, putting her phone back in her pocket. The small paper she clutches hardly in her fist before turning around. She walks away, shoving the crumpled paper in her bag. The distance between them is getting apart but suddenly her phone rings up. She stops walking and pick them up immediately. She doesn't have to look at who is calling her now, probably from her mother. 

"Moth-"

"Make sure you call me with a reason" A foreign yet familiar voice greets her ears. Her eyes wide as she promptly turns over her shoulder and saw yongguk who is still standing by the door with holding his phone up on his ear. his eyes straight on her before he pulls his phone away, putting back inside his pocket jean at the back. He pushes away his body from the frame door then getting inside his house, slamming the door close.

Yurin slowly smiles, a breath of relief left her lips as she walks again with her hands pressing on her screen phone, saving his munber in the contact. she went down from the building and the sunset appeared in her sight. The orange sky is going to turn dark. She speeds up her pace and sauter to the same direction she was come earlier. 

her heart start to beat faster and the sweat roll down through her skin. she got the message for her mother, asking about her. and she knows, her mother must be worried now.  

Yurin reached the silent alley again and notice the neon light still function at the same places but some of them are not. well, at least she got the light, despite only a vague light. She carefully walks while having her eyes around and suddenly a footstep could be heard from behind her. Her heart rush dangerously. Now she wanted to cry, because she is so scare. the colour of her face starting to be pale. The footstep is getting close as the figure seem chasing over her now.

In blink of an eyes, a hand cover from behind and Yurin's eyes wide, shocked. The person hugs her tight as his hard breath slap the back of her neck. Her body tense up right away and she even can't move at all.  Her tears drops to her cheeks in fear. At The moment, she knows, there is no chance for her to escape since she has been trapped in this situation.

She can feel her limb cold and shiver completely. her mind started to think negative things.. where was she being dragged to the deep place and dark that no one could find out. she would get slapped and kicked from the person and last her body is going to-,

"I don't know what you are thinking now" He whispers near her ear, "But everything in your mind are not going to happen, Mee Yurin" He adds.

Yurin froze, she knows the voice. Only him has that deep voice. with using all her strength, she turns around and to be greeted by the man with hoodie on his head. He pulls that down and reveal his face clearly.

“Yongguk! That was not funny, you know!?” She yells then breath in relief at the same time. Seriously, she thought she was in danger a minute ago.

He didn’t response instead walk ahead leave her behind. Yurin blinks but quickly reach to him.

“Where are you going? I thought you don’t want to go out from your house.” she secretly wipes her tears away with her fingers.

“Looking for dinner” He mutters lazily. Yurin forms her lips into circle “Oh”

After a few minutes, They finally out from the alley and the poeple started to visible in their sight. Yongguk walks straight to the store and didn’t care about Yurin at all. Yurin makes a small sigh and bringing herself to the side of the road, waiting for the bus to come. For a moment, she glance behind and saw he is eating a cup of ramyun inside the store and watching her through the glass with unreliable eyes.