Chapter 23

Not So Cute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Dandan~” Luhan poked Yixing’s cheeks but said kid didn’t even move an inch.

 

“Xingxing~” After Luhan failed, it was now Yifan’s turn to irritate the kid. He squeezed the kid’s chubby cheeks, making the kid look like a pufferfish.

 

Yixing groaned and he pushed away the hands that were disturbing his sleep. Yes, the baby was sleeping but his hyungs wouldn’t let him sleep in peace. His hyungs were playing with his sleeping self like he was some sort of a plushie. But the kid didn’t know that of course, he was sleeping soundly.

 

The twins laughed at how cute Yixing was behaving. “Baby, wake up! Come on!” They both said as Luhan took Yixing’s blanket while Yifan shook the baby’s little body. “It’s morning!”

 

“Hyung…” Yixing pouted, his eyes fluttering open. He sat up. He was sure they didn’t have school today because their two week vacation started days ago (btw, he already graduated from kindergarten, receiving a single medal for being the best artist). He didn’t know why he had to wake up so early right now. “Why?” he asked as he rubbed both his eyes with his little fists.

 

“Xingxing, give us a hug!” Yifan whined, opening his arms wide for Yixing to jump in.

 

Yixing, still half-asleep, subconsciously moved into his hyungs’ arms and hooked his arms on both their necks, engaging them in a three-way hug. He rested his head on his Fanfan-hyung’s shoulder, making his hyungs laugh.

 

“Dandan is still sleepy,” Luhan commented.

 

Yixing stared blankly as he processed what was happening before he saw his study table at the far side of the room. There, on it, was the stuff he was doing last night. He gasped before pulling away to look at his hyung with round eyes.

 

“Dandan?”

 

“Happy birthday!!!” Yixing greeted so loudly yet so formally, even going as far as bowing his head cutely that it made his hyungs laugh out loud.

 

“Hug us again, baby!” Luhan requested, pulling Yixing in a three-way hug without the younger’s consent.

 

Yixing giggled as he felt happy. It’s his hyungs’ birthday yet he’s the one who was feeling so happy. He loved hugs and his hyungs were giving him hugs so early in the morning. “Hyung, I love you!” he said as he kissed both his hyungs’ cheeks.

 

“We love you too, baby,” They hugged Yixing tighter but it quickly loosened when little Yixing started pulling away.

 

Yixing sat on the bed and looked up at his hyungs shyly. “Hyung, I’m still not finish with my gift yet…” he whispered.

 

“You made us gifts?” Yifan was grinning widely at what their little Yixing just said.

 

“Neh…” Yixing answered, still with a low voice. “But I can’t give them yet. Is that ok?” he asked, tilting his head adorably to the side.

 

“Of course! No need to rush!” Luhan took Yixing’s little hand to pull the kid in a hug again. The kid giggled happily and greeted his hyungs once more before they pulled away to go to their parents room and ask for breakfast.

 

 

“Taotao, stop…” Yixing whined as he tried to continue his drawing. He was in the Kim household as he didn’t want his hyungs to see what he was doing (and his mama didn’t like him eating the food on display). Although his hyungs were not at home because his father insisted that they go shopping so the twins wouldn’t see the preparation for their party. “Taotao,” he whined again when Tao’s little hand tried to grab his hair. His mama Baekhyun tied his bangs with a tie (so he could draw without his hair bothering him), making it look like he had a fountain on his head— which Tao seemed to like very much.

 

Tao was his Uncle Kyungie’s youngest son. The 5-month old kid (or older, I don’t know how much a 5-month old kid can do) started crawling on his lap so he could reach Yixing’s fountain-like hair.

 

“Taotao, you can’t,” Yixing placed Tao back on the floor and stared at the kid with seriousness. “Yixing-hyung is busy. Yixing-hyung can’t play with Taotao yet, ok?” he explained to the little baby who just stared back at him with curious eyes. When he went back to drawing, the kid suddenly started crying.

 

“Wahhh!!!!”

 

“Taotao, why?” Yixing let go of his crayon to tend to Zitao’s need. He opened his arms wide and the baby crawled on his lap.

 

Kyungsoo who was just sitting and watching as Zitao annoyed Yixing, stood up to take his crying baby but he stopped midway when he saw Yixing placing Zitao carefully on his lap, the baby quickly hugging his Yixing-hyung.

 

“Ok, just wait, Taotao,” Yixing talked to the baby like the baby could really understand him. “Hyung will finish his work soon. Just wait, ok? Play with your toy first,” he took Tao’s panda plushie and gave it to the baby who quickly played with it.

 

“Yixing, I can take Tao if Tao is bothering you,” Kyungsoo said as he sat on the floor beside Yixing.

 

“It’s okay, Uncle. Taotao is still a baby,” Yixing smiled at his Uncle before he continued his drawing.

 

“Then, do you want some help?” Kyungsoo asked which made the kid look up at him again with eager eyes. He smiled and looked at the kid’s drawing. It was all drawing actually. “Try putting some words in it, Yixing. Message for your brothers,” he suggested.

 

Yixing frowned at his Uncle. “Uncle, I’m still not good in spelling words,” he reminded his Uncle cutely.

 

“That’s why I’m here,” Kyungsoo tapped the fountain on Yixing’s head. “Tell me what you want to say to your hyungs and I’ll spell them out for you to write.”

 

Yixing beamed at the idea. He nodded furiously as he thought of the things he wanted to say to his beloved hyungs.

 

Sehun came a little later as he just finished his bath. “Yixing!” he ran to sit beside his Yixing. “What are you doing?”

 

“I made gifts for hyungs,” Yixing answered as he placed the vase on top of it so his gifts wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter