Chapter 18

Not So Cute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yixing stared at his reflection in the mirror. He touched the long tail behind him while his other hand squeezed the spikes on his head. He squealed in delight as he jumped happily.

 

“Do you like it, baby?” Chanyeol asked, smiling widely as he saw the excitement in his baby’s eyes.

 

“Neh!” Yixing answered loudly before tackling his papa on the floor. He took his papa’s arm and bit it lightly. “Yixing is a T-rex! T-rex Yixing will eat you, Papa!” he shouted before biting his papa’s arm again.

 

That’s right. Yixing was wearing a t-rex costume. The whole neighborhood agreed to let the kids celebrate Halloween every year and Chanyeol bought this costume for Yixing because the said kid wanted to be a t-rex.

 

“Come here,” Chanyeol wrapped his arms around the baby who was extra soft today because of the costume. He stood up from where he was lying on the floor and carried the little baby downstairs. He put the baby down once they arrived in the living room. He sat on the sofa and gave Yixing his tiny pumpkin basket. “This is where you will put the candies they will give you, alright?” he explained in which Yixing nodded, listening intently to everything that his papa was saying. “You knock on their doors and when they open it, you say ‘trick or treat!’ ok?”

 

“Neh!” Yixing nodded again in understanding.

 

“Try it”

 

“Trick or treat!” Yixing shouted cheerfully before hugging his papa tightly. “Trick or treat! Trick or treat! Trick or treat!”

 

Chanyeol laughed loudly at his overly cheerful son.

 

“Papa, will I have many candies later?” Yixing asked, pulling away from the hug to look at his papa with big, curious eyes.

 

“Of course, baby,” Chanyeol said as he pulled Yixing to sit on his lap, the long tail dangling on the sofa. “But sometimes, they ask you to do the ‘trick’ first before they give you the ‘treat’. What trick will you do?” he asked. Today was actually Yixing’s first time trick or treating.

 

“Papa, what is a trick?” The kid asked curiously, tilting his head cutely to the right while playing with his papa’s ears.

 

“It’s that thing you do to scare them. Since you’re a T-rex, what does a T-rex do to scare people?”

 

Yixing frowned for a moment, obviously thinking deeply. Then he smiled, retracting his hands from his papa’s ears before posing like a scary predator. “Rawr!” his roar was a little too high-pitched though which made his papa laugh.

 

“Okay, that will do,” Chanyeol told the kid. Their doorbell rang and he placed Yixing on the sofa first before he stood up to answer it. He saw little Sehun with his papa Jongin and Mama Kyungsoo. “Oh, Sehunnie, you’re so cute. Come in,” he stepped aside to make way for the little kid.

 

Sehun was wearing a mummy costume, customly made for him and he walked inside the house like how a mummy would, scary and lifeless with an angry soul. “Yixingggg…” he called, voice deep and terrifying.

 

Yixing heard it. He clearly heard his name being called by the mummy that was slowly approaching him. “Wahhh!” he quickly stood up and hid himself behind the sofa, his long tail sticking out. “Papa! Papa! Help Yixing! Papa!!!”

 

“Aigoo,” Chanyeol cooed as he lifted the kid who was hiding behind the sofa. “Yixing, that’s Sehunnie,” he laughed as he tried to pull away from the tight hug Yixing was giving him.  But Yixing didn’t let him go. “Come on, baby,” he tried again to make Yixing look at Sehun but Yixing had his face stubbornly buried on his papa’s neck.

 

“Yixing, it’s me!” Sehun called with his normal voice as he tugged on Yixing’s tail and when Yixing turned to look at him, he smiled widely.

 

“Sehun!” Yixing got down from his papa and hugged the little mummy in front of him. “You’re so scary, Sehun!” he whined, before pulling away to look at Sehun again.

 

“You too! If I didn’t know you’re the T-rex, I would have ran away too!” Sehun exclaimed as he walked behind Yixing and tugged on his tail. “Wow! You have a tail!”

 

The two kids continued inspecting their costumes enthusiastically while the three elder men sat on the sofa and chatted/complained (more like pregnant Kyungsoo did all the talking while the two just listened) about how much time Baekhyun was spending in putting the twins’ costumes.

 

“Park Baekhyun! The candies will run out before the kids can even trick or treat!” Kyungsoo angrily shouted in which Baekhyun replied a hurried “be there in a sec” which only meant maybe in another 5 minutes or more. “Urgh!!!”

 

“Waahh!” The two kids exclaimed, their ears perked up when they heard that the candies would run out. They quickly went to Kyungsoo, their hands falling on his lap.

 

“Uncle Kyungie! Will the candies really run out?”

 

“Mama! We’ll still have candies, right? Mama?”

 

The two asked, looking up at Kyungsoo with big, worried eyes and it made Kyungsoo laugh. “There will be enough candies for everyone, don’t worry!” he said as he pinched the little monsters’ cute, chubby cheeks.

 

They spent more than ten minutes talking to the baby in Kyungsoo’s belly, carefully and repeatedly explaining to the baby that even though they looked like monsters right now, they were still his cute and kind hyungs and will always love him.

 

“Ok, we’re here!” Baekhyun shouted as he appeared in the living room, the twins in front of him.

 

“Wow!!!” The two kids were in awe as they moved closer to the twins and stared at their faces in awe. “WOW!!!” The two couldn’t stop staring.

 

Lulu had a cape over his shoulders, his face was so pale, there were fangs sticking out his lips and some dried blood falling down to his chin. He was a handsome vampire for sure.

 

Fanfan had a big screw in his head, his skin pale green and his face had stitches all over. He was a handsome Frankenstein.

 

“Babies, be careful, alright?” Baekhyun told the little kids. The four children were already outside, little pumpkin baskets in their hands as they readied themselves for trick or treating.

 

 “Sehun, Yixing, don’t let go of your hyungs’ hands, okay? Stay on the sidewalk,” Kyungsoo reminded before kissing the kids on their foreheads.

 

“Neh!” They all answered. Sehun was holding Luhan’s hand while Yifan held Yixing’s.

 

“We’ll go now,” Luhan said before they started walking to the whole neighborhood.

 

They went to their first house and Yifan was the one who knocked on the door first because the two kids were still nervous. When the door opened, they all greeted a cheerful “trick or treat!” which made the couple smile.

 

“How cute, here,” the couple gave the four three candies each.

 

“Thank you!” Once the door was closed, the four turned around and Sehun and Yixing immediately let out the giggle they were holding inside.

 

“Waah!!” Yixing was in awe, seeing the three candies ins

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter