Chapter 17

Not So Cute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Mama?” Yixing stretched his arms for his mama to lift him. He frowned at his mama’s face, looking all confused. Before he took his afternoon nap, his hyungs were still in school. He was really glad to see his hyungs once he woke up but he frowned, because they didn’t even notice him. Also, his hyungs weren’t together; his Lulu-hyung was staring blankly at the black screen of the television while his Fanfan-hyung  was glaring at their front yard as he sat on the bench in the terrace.

 

Yixing knew then that something was wrong so he quietly searched for his mama. “Mama, what happened?” he asked with the tiniest voice because he didn’t want his brothers to hear him.

 

“They fought, honey,” Baekhyun whispered in his son’s ear. The twins came home, shouting angrily at each other. Baekhyun had to separate them just so the two would stop. He tried talking to them but the twins just started shouting insults at each other again so Baekhyun decided to let their heads cool down first before he tries to reconcile the twins.

 

“Why?” Yixing asked worriedly, his eyes started to tear up already as the idea of his brother fighting sunk in his head.

 

Seeing Yixing’s tears, Baekhyun felt that there was suddenly a light bulb on his head. He had the brightest idea all of a sudden. “How about little Yixing talk this out with his brothers?” he asked, tapping Yixing’s pouty lips. Great idea, right? Who could resist a baby’s request? Not to mention, Yixing is the twins’ weakness. “Tell them to be good friends and brothers again?” he suggested.

 

“Ok, mama,” Yixing quickly got down from his mama and ran to the living room, determined to have his big brothers talk to each other again.

 

“Lulu-hyung?” Yixing appeared in front of his Lulu-hyung, an adorable smile plastered on his face. He fiddled with his fingers, tilting his head cutely to the right as he took a step closer to his hyung. “Please talk to Fanfan-hyung?” he pleaded, feeling a little nervous.

 

As much as how adorable Yixing appeared, fidgeting with his little fingers like that, Luhan wouldn’t do the kid’s request. “Not now, Dandan,” he brushed off his little brother, crossing his arms against his chest as he turned his face to the other side so he didn’t have to look at Yixing.

 

“But Lulu-hyung, you have to talk to Fanfan-hyung!” Yixing shouted in a whisper (?) as he pouted adorably. It was futile though because his hyung refused to look at him. “Please, Lulu-hyung?” he pleaded. His Lulu-hyung is the eldest brother so he assumed that his Lulu-hyung should be the first one to reconcile.

 

“I can’t, but you can help me, Dandan,” Luhan turned and gave his little brother a creepy smile. “Come here,” he pulled his little brother by the arm and leaned closer to his ear. “Tell your Fanfan-hyung that I hate him,” he whispered before pulling away, giving Yixing another creepy smile.

 

“Eh?” Yixing tilted his head to the right, curious at how that would make his brothers be friends again.

 

“Go- go!” Luhan shooed little Yixing away. He couldn’t say those words directly to Yifan earlier because his mama suddenly separated them before he could even speak, telling them not to talk anymore unless they had nice things to say.

 

“Fanfan-hyung?” Yixing called, tone a little shy as he didn’t know if what he was doing was right. He stood in front of his hyung while fiddling with the hem of his shirt. “Lulu—” he inhaled deeply then exhaled. “Lulu-hyung said he hates you,” he told his hyung as he puffed his cheeks out.

 

Yifan’s brows furrowed, feeling anger bubble up in his heart again. “Well, tell him I hate him more,” he replied grumpily.

 

Yixing stilled. “But why?” he was now frowning, feeling so confused. Didn’t they love each other?

 

“Because he is the worst,” Yifan answered, not noticing Yixing’s discomfort at all and just shooing the kid like how Luhan did earlier.

 

Yixing walked to where his Lulu-hyung was, shoulders slumped as he felt like he really didn’t want to do this anymore. “Fanfan-hyung said he hates you more because you are the w-worst,” he stuttered because he knew that none of these words were true.

 

Luhan huffed. “Well, tell him that he is much worse than me and I hate him so much more than he hates me,” he retorted.

 

“But hyung—” Yixing wanted to say something but his hyung was frowning angrily so he stopped. He didn’t want to say those words also so he just took a throw pillow and sat on the other end of the sofa, far from his Lulu-hyung and hugged the pillow close to his chest. He sniffed.

 

Tears formed in his eyes as he thought deeply. What if his hyungs couldn’t work this out? What if they couldn’t be best friends and brothers anymore? Would they stay like this forever? Would he have to pass awful messages between his hyungs forever? Yixing whimpered sadly at the thought. He didn’t want that.

 

“Mama…” Yixing sniffed again. Now, he wanted a hug from his mama, a really tight and warm, loving hug to comfort the sad, little him. “Mama,” he called again, his voice was still low but it managed to get his mama’s attention. “Mama,” he whimpered as he let his head fall on his mama’s shoulders.

 

“Honey, what happened?” Baekhyun asked as he rubbed Yixing’s back. The baby was hic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter