Chapter 3

Not So Cute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Mama?”

 

A knock on the door had Baekhyun sitting up on the bed, Chanyeol’s arm falling on his lap.

 

“Why???” Chanyeol whined sleepily, nudging his forehead against Baekhyun’s hip.

 

“Yixing is at the door,” Baekhyun answered as he shoved Chanyeol away to stand and walk to the door. When he opened it, he looked down to see his baby Yixing hugging his little unicorn plushy, looking up at Baekhyun with round, teary eyes.

 

“Can Yixing sleep here?” Yixing asked his mama as his right hand let go of the plushy to clutch his mama’s pajama pants. “Yixing is sad,” he pouted.

 

Chanyeol appeared behind Baekhyun, concern overtaking his expression when he saw his baby’s teary eyes. “Come here, honey,” he lifted his son up, closing the door as Baekhyun followed them to the bed. They tucked Yixing in the bed, with them on both sides of Yixing.

 

“So why is Papa’s cute baby sad?” Chanyeol took Yixing’s little hand and held it soothingly.

 

Yixing looked at papa still with teary eyes as he answered with a question. “Is Yixing ugly?”

 

Chanyeol turned Yixing on his side so they were facing each other and squeezed the kid’s chubby cheeks between his hands. “No! Yixing is the most beautiful,” he exclaimed, kissing the child’s little nose.

 

“That’s right,” Baekhyun kissed Yixing’s nape. “Why would my little angel ask that?”

 

Yixing looked at his little unicorn plushy, pouting as he remembered the words Sehun told him earlier. “Sehun said he doesn’t like Yixing even though Yixing didn’t do anything wrong. Why does Sehun hate Yixing?” he asked and it was obvious that he was holding back a sob.

 

Baekhyun chuckled. “Maybe Sehun is just shy. Uncle Kyungsoo was like that before! You just have to keep on trying, honey,” Baekhyun kissed Yixing’s temple.

 

“Really?” Yixing looked up at his mama with hopeful eyes.

 

“Yes, fighting?”

 

Yixing threw a fist up in the air as he shouted “Fighting!” and his tone was very determined.

 

 

The next morning

 

Yixing finished eating breakfast with his mama and papa. It was still so early that his brothers were still snoring in their beds. His papa Chanyeol had to go to work and he kissed his papa’s cheeks before his papa went off.

 

His mama Baekhyun is a full time mama as he had to take care of three kids. Besides, his papa’s salary being a CEO was more than enough. Baekhyun wanted a simple, happy family that’s why they never got maids or a really big house.

 

His mama was currently cleaning in the kitchen so Yixing went to the front yard and stared at their new neighbors’ house. He wasn’t expecting to see his Uncle Kyungsoo watering the plants though.

 

“Good morning, Yixing-ah,” Kyungsoo greeted, startling Yixing.

 

Yixing blushed first before he mustered the courage to greet back. “G-Good morning,” he greeted rather shyly.

 

Kyungsoo chuckled at the kid’s cuteness. “Want to come here?”

 

Hearing that, Yixing stared at Kyungsoo with wide, shocked eyes. “Is Yixing allowed to?” he asked, fidgeting cutely.

 

“Of course!”

 

“Yixing will tell mama first,” Yixing said before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter