Chapter 19

Not So Cute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Luhan sighed as he flopped down on the sofa. He was wearing a black suit, a red necktie tightly wrapped around his neck, his hair was swept back and he looked so handsome. His shoulders slumped as he heard Yixing’s excited footsteps from running downstairs. In just a flash, his little brother was in front of him, standing in between his thighs, smiling with that adorable dimple on his cheek.

 

“Lulu-hyung, why are you frowning? Aren’t you excited?” Yixing asked as he cupped his Lulu-hyung’s cheeks with his little palms. “We’ll see grandma! I’ll finally see her!” he exclaimed, his eyes twinkling brightly.

 

That’s right. They were visiting their grandparents (on their papa’s side) tonight. Actually, it was not just any visit. Today was their Papa’s birthday and their grandparents prepared a party for their papa, a grand party attended only by the richest people in the country. Their last visit was before Yixing was born which explains why the baby was so excited.

 

Yixing was also wearing a black suit but his curly hair couldn’t be swept back just like his Lulu-hyung’s and Fanfan-hyung’s so his hair was just combed neatly to the side. “Lulu-hyung, is she kind like grandma?” The grandma he was talking about was Baekhyun’s mama.

 

Luhan sighed again. He took Yixing little hands and pulled the kid in a hug. “Just behave and be good, ok?”

 

Yixing blinked first, surprised by his brother’s response but then he smiled. “Neh!” he cheerfully answered anyway. “Yixing is always good!” he looked up at his hyung with his adorable smile but his hyung only showed him a tight-lipped smile.

 

 

The ride in the car was silent. The three kids were in the backseat with Yixing in the middle. Yixing was the only one smiling and he didn’t know why. He didn’t know why everyone wasn’t smiling and as excited as him.

 

When they arrived, a man, also in a black suit, opened the door of the car for them and when they got out, everyone bowed to them. Yixing did the same and everyone chuckled, commenting that he was very cute. Yixing didn’t know why they bowed to him and his lips formed a small ‘o’ as he didn’t know what was going on. Before they went inside the big house, his papa Chanyeol turned to them.

 

“Babies, be good, alright?”

 

“Papa, we’re always good!” Yixing reminded his papa, smiling innocently and adorably.

 

 

The three sat on the chairs placed in the farthest corner. Yixing couldn’t stop looking around, amazed at the ladies wearing elegant dresses and men wearing the same suit as his.

 

“Hyung, can I go over there?” Yixing asked, pointing at the table with all the food prepared for the night. He could see a big pile of cupcakes from where he was sitting and they looked so delicious that he wanted to eat them now.

 

“You’re hungry already?” Yifan asked as he squeezed Yixing’s chubby cheeks with his hands, making his brother look like a fish.

 

Yixing grinned widely despite having his cheeks squeezed. “Neh!” he replied.

 

“Ok, but be careful, alright?”

 

“Neh!” Yixing confirmed before running to where the table was.

 

Luhan wanted to ran after and stop the kid but Yifan held his wrist, nodding at him— silently telling him to stop worrying so much and just let Yixing do what he wanted.

 

Yixing stopped in front of the table, looking up at all the food there curiously. They all looked delicious and Yixing really wanted to eat the cupcake now. An auntie must have noticed him because the auntie in black dress started talking to him.

 

“Hi, little one. Do you want some cupcake?” The auntie asked, seeing Yixing’s eyes firmly planted on the cupcakes on the table.

 

Yixing blushed as he turned to look at the beautiful lady. “N-Neh…” he stuttered, fiddling with his little fingers shyly. He really wanted to eat the cupcake but he was too short to reach it.

 

“Here,” The auntie smiled as he handed Yixing the cupcake.

 

“Thank you,” Yixing wanted to ask for two more for his hyungs but the auntie already left and he felt shy to ask the others so he just ran back to his hyungs to happily let them see what he got.

 

“Hyung!” Yixing shouted cutely, showing his hyungs the little cupcake in his hand. “Try it, hyung!” he was handing it to the both of them, waiting for one to make the first move.

 

“Just eat it, Xingxing,” Yifan told the kid.

 

“But I want to share it with hyungs,” Yixing whined, looking up at his hyungs with big, round eyes.

 

“Ok Dandan, but you try it first. We’ll bite after you,” Luhan said as he pulled Yixing to sit on the chair between him and Yifan.

 

“Ok,” Yixing complied and took a bite of his cupcake then he let his hyungs bite on it also. They share the little cupcake with each other happily that they failed to see a pair of eyes judging them.

 

 

“I told you we shouldn’t have let him walk alone!” Luhan half-whispered, half-yelled. They were walking around, looking for their cute, little brother who hadn’t come back to their seat for a while now.

 

“I’m sorry!” Yifan apologized, admitting his mistake. “But he looked so curious, you know. I was pretty sure he wanted to explore by himself,” he told Luhan. After Yixing succeeded getting a cupcake earlier, Yixing seemed a little eager to wander alone and see what he could do all by himself but right now, Yifan felt unsure if his judgement was right.

 

“That’s true,” Luhan saw it too. “L-Let’s just look for him, alright?” he asked as he pulled Yifan by the hand to walk faster so they could find Yixing sooner.

 

“Ok.”

 

 

Yixing walked farther inside the house. He was lost and he didn’t know the way back. The house was just too big for the little him. He looked up to see a beautiful chandelier hanging from the very high ceiling. He was in awe that he didn’t realize he was walking backwards and accidentally knocked a vase to the floor, breaking it.

 

He heard a gasp and he quickly turned his head to see who it was. “I’m sorry!” He apologized almost immediately. His mama taught him to do that. He felt nervous for a moment but when he saw his grandmother (he recognized her face from the pictures his papa showed him), his eyes quickly lit up and reached out his arms. “Grandma!”

 

“Don’t touch me!” She shouted, startling Yixing.

 

Yixing hurriedly took a step back, holding his hand that was slapped away close to his chest as he looked up at his grandma with fear in his eyes. “I’m s-sorry,” he apologized with the tiniest voice.

 

“Do you know what you just did?” His grandma asked with a very loud voice.

 

“Y-Yixing broke the vase,” Yixing answered, his lips trembling.

 

“Do you know how much that costs, you peasant?!” The woman asked as he took Yixing’s wrist and gripped it tight.

 

Yixing shook his head sideways, completely unable to speak as tears ran down his cheeks, trying to get away from his grandma’s tight grip. “Yixing is sorry! Grandma! Wahh!!” A spank on his made him cry harder.

 

“Yixing!” Luha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter