Chapter 24

Not So Cute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Baekhyun woke up from where he was snuggled in Chanyeol’s chest. He turned to look at the time and it was only 2 in the morning. One of the kids was knocking on their door and Baekhyun groaned. Must be Yixing… he thought. He sat up and tried to get away from Chanyeol’s tight hug around his waist. “Yeol…” he pushed Chanyeol lightly. “Yixing is at the door,” he mumbled and Chanyeol finally let him go. He stood up and quickly got to the door, opened it and saw his little Yixing looking up at him with teary eyes, cheeks a little flush. “Hi, baby,” he smiled, his sleepiness quickly fading away. Why is his little Yixing so cute? Did he have a nightmare?

 

“Mama,” Yixing mumbled as a tear fell down his cheek. “Yixing doesn’t feel okay…”

 

“Hm?” Baekhyun kneeled because Yixing spoke too softly that he barely heard a word. Yixing started sobbing so he quickly wiped those tears and he knew then what was wrong. Yixing felt hot under his skin. He lifted the kid up, closed the door and went to bed. “How do you feel?” he asked the kid who was sitting on his lap.

 

“Yixing’s head hurts, mama,” Yixing looked up with pitiful eyes before he hugged his mama tightly. “Yixing isn’t feeling okay,” he mumbled, sobbing against his mama’s chest.

 

“What’s wrong?” Chanyeol heard his baby’s cries so he sat up to see his little baby sobbing on his mama’s chest.

 

“I think he’s got fever,” Baekhyun answered as he placed Yixing on Chanyeol’s lap. “I’ll go get the thermometer,” he quickly stood up and ran downstairs.

 

“Baby?” Chanyeol caressed Yixing’s back to stop the kid from crying.

 

“Yixing’s head hurts,” Yixing mumbled, making his papa frown with worry. “Yixing feels cold.”

 

“Come here,” Chanyeol hugged his baby tighter. “Stop crying. It’ll make your headache worse.”

 

“I’m back,” Baekhyun came running with glass of water in his hand while a thermometer on the other. He made Yixing drink the water first before they laid the kid on the bed, placing the thermometer in his mouth. After a few seconds, he took it out and it showed 38°C. “Aigoo, baby…” he wiped the sweat on Yixing’s forehead. “Go to sleep and we’ll see a doctor later, ok?” he kissed Yixing’s forehead before he lied beside his baby.

 

“Sleep, baby,” Chanyeol lied on the other side, his chest pressing against Yixing’s back to pass some warmth to the kid.

 

“Mama, sing for Yixing?” Yixing smiled and his mama smiled back before singing a lullaby for him.

 

 

“Papa, don’t go…” Yixing whispered against his papa’s neck. His papa was already wearing his suit and tie, ready to leave for work but he really didn’t want to let his papa go. “Papa…” he cried, clutching his papa’s suit tighter.

 

“Papa has to go to work,” Chanyeol didn’t want to go but he really had to. He had an important meeting in an hour and he couldn’t miss it.

 

“Yixing, come here,” Baekhyun tried to take Yixing away from Chanyeol but the kid was stubborn and just cried harder. “Baby, papa has to go to work.”

 

Yixing’s lips trembled as he heard those words. He understood those but… “Please, papa…” he pleaded with his tiniest voice. He just really wanted his papa to be here with him.

 

Chanyeol sighed. His son didn’t have to beg for his presence. “Baby, I’ll come home before lunch. How’s that?” he bargained.

 

Yixing seemed to think about it and it made Baekhyun frown because he didn’t like Chanyeol making promises on a whim.

 

“Okay…” Yixing sniffed as he finally went to his mama. “Come home fast, ok?” he requested, which made his papa smile fondly at him.

 

“I will,” Chanyeol promised the baby, making Baekhyun frown intensely at him. “Don’t worry,” he mouthed to Baekhyun before kissing the two on their foreheads.

 

 

Luhan and Yifan were busy eating their lunch in the cafeteria when suddenly, little Sehun came running to them.

 

“Hyung! Hyung!” Sehun was breathless when he reached his hyungs’ table. “Where is Yixing? Did you forget to bring Yixing?” he asked his hyungs with wide eyes because how could they forget to bring their little brother to school?

 

“Yixing’s got fever,” Luhan informed Sehun, making the kid gasp in surprise. They had the same reaction earlier when they went to Yixing’s room to wake the kid up so they could go to school early but said kid wasn’t there.

 

They went down only to find little Yixing curled in their papa’s lap, feeding him some soup.

 

The twins instantly ran to where their little brother was but their mama grabbed the backs of their shirts before they could even get close to their Yixing.

 

“Babies, you can’t,” Baekhyun told the twins when both frowned at him for stopping them from hugging their squishy little baby. “You’ll catch Yixing’s fever,” he informed the two, making them gasp.

 

They were about to cry after that. They couldn’t even give their little baby a kiss before they left for school.

 

“Why are you here?” Yifan asked as he let Sehun sit in between him and Luhan. This area was for bigger kids and Sehun didn’t belong to that yet. “Have you eaten your lunch?”

 

Sehun nodded before he looked down on his lap. “Yixing is not here. I’m lonely,” he pouted, tearing up. He and Yixing had spent every day in school together and it saddened him to be alone now. It wasn’t that he had no friends… but Yixing is different. “I’ll visit him later and take care of him,” he said with determination.

 

“You can’t. You’ll catch his fever,” Luhan told the kid which only made Sehun frown at him.

 

“I won’t!”

 

“You will!” Yifan ruffled Sehun’s hair. “Just take care of Taotao, ok?”

 

“We don’t want you to be sick too, ok?” Luhan added.

 

Sehun pouted because why did his hyungs not want him to take care of Yixing? He is also hyung now. “But I am a hyung now like you!” he frowned deeply, his lips pouting even more.

 

“Silly,” Luhan draped an arm over their grumpy Sehun’s shoulders. “Baby, you know we are also not allowed to go near Dandan.”

 

“R-Really?” Sehun looked up at his Luhan-hyung. “Then I’ll just take care of Taotao alone today,” he said as he made his legs tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter