The Other Woman

My Bae Brings Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jaebum, I'm ready!"

 

My voice echoed. I smiled down to the person who was already waiting for me to dive. Well, I know it's not fun at all, but knowing him, he won't really allow me to go and dive first. 

 

I saw him made thumbs up.

 

I readied myself and released a deep breath before diving...or maybe jumping. And it was the best feeling. The feeling of falling is beautiful and I wished I didn't hit the water.

 

Somehow, for that short time, I felt pure and unbroken. I felt...myself again. Just for that very limited time until realization hits me...or, well, when I hit the water.

 

Head first, it feels good. It was really good. The water was cold but refreshing. Instead of swimming up to breath, I stayed there for a couple of seconds. 

 

Then started crying. 

 

What the hell? Yes. What the hell.

 

It just feels home. Happy family.

 

Just when I thought I could feel that comfort a bit longer, I was dragged up, away from that little comfort, and now next thing I knew, I saw nothing but white, and feel the soft spot I was lying. 

 

I blinked to the great light and soon I felt my right arm hurts because it was pressed and dragged. But I couldn't scream in pain.

 

"Sooyeon!! Sooyeon!" I heard a familiar voice called.

 

But I didn't see him. I was just lying, looking up. And that's when I finally, finally realized I was really broken. I am...damaged. My whole being is unstable...I thought I was already okay but I was not. I was worst.

 

I closed my eyes and shed tears though I was already soaked wet, the mere fact that liquids escaped my eyes gives me great shivers. I turned cold.

 

A hand tapped my cheek when I opened my eyes, I saw a familiar face. He looked worried...and wet. He then made me sit and hugged me tight.

 

"Jessica!! I thought you're..."

 

"I'm...o-okay, Jay," I managed to say, but I was still weak.

 

Jaebum had to carry me all the way to the house and I didn't know why he was do worried. I was enjoying the water and the feeling it was giving me...I didn't intend to worry him that much. 

 

I was just...releasing my pain.

 

--

 

(JIYONG)

 

"What can you say about this beautiful island, Mr. Kwon?"

 

I roamed my eyes around to the sight ahead of me. We weren't yet there but the scenery of it was breathtaking. But I am Jiyong.

 

"It's a normal island. What's so special? I mean, all islands look the same, right? Same wharf, same scenery; water, houses, factories and boats. Just do the works and we're set for the company's shoots for new products," I said and get inside.

 

I couldn't stand the smell of sea, neither that I could like places as this one. Though it somehow surpasses other islands qualities, it's still the same. I hate being in this place...and being on board.

 

I put out my phone. . No coverage. Is this how poor the so called Eden Island? 

 

"Aish. Why did I even agree to come along? It's the chairwoman's fault!"

 

"You should not blame grandma," I cussed under my breath when I heard her voice. Right, this adds as to why I hate this trip.

 

Tss. Why did the company even agreed to this. She doesn't suit the concept of being the face of the product. It's purity and fresh, and clearly it doesn't point at her.

 

I removed my hat and put it somewhere when I felt her hands around my waist. I stiffened. Why does it feel so wrong for her to back hug me, all of a sudden?

 

 

Before I knew it, I have already removed her arms around me and stepped away, then faced her.

 

"What is your problem now, Kiko?"

 

She doesn't look disregarded. "I want to spend time with my boy."

 

"I am not yours. I am no one's possession," I sharply said.

 

The seductive expression she had vanished and she's on the serious mode now and it's great. I am comfortable with that.

 

"Is this about--"

 

"No. I told you I don't care anymore. So leave."

 

"But I can't leave you!" she blurted out, finally throwing away pretenses. "Jiyong, you know how strong my feelings are for you. I want us to start over and save our relationship. Wh--"

 

I throw my phone away and that startled her. "Relationship my . I'm already done with you the moment you slapped to my face how you prefer Top's 'romantic acts' over mine. I should have gotten the message by then but you played me between your two ing fingers. Oh wait, I thought you mean romantic...wasn't it giving flowers, romantic dates and feelings? Maybe you meant other things. Because you obviously wants to be treated like a , just the fact that it's who yo--"

 

Pak! Pak!

 

That's it!

 

"What's wrong with you, woman?!! Have you gone mad?!!"

 

I saw her gritted through her teeth, and restraint from hurting me more, physically.  

 

"I am not a ," she said slowly.

 

I merely chuckled. "Oh, r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter