Worry and Worry

My Bae Brings Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JESSICA

 

People passed by me. I watched them as nurses go to their stations. Visitors asking about room numbers. Doctors rushing to attend patients' serious needs. I gripped my hands tighter together as I prayed he'd get better.

 

Memories of earlier in his unit flashes in my mind as I stared at the emergency room's door. Blood was the first thing I saw when I got there.

 

I was so scared. I didn't know what to do but my feet led me to the bathroom and swear by that time, I collapsed on the ground at the sight. Without my knowing tears welled up and I swore the sight was sickening and frightening. 

 

Blood was dripping from his wrist.

 

I shook my head to erase the scenes I saw earlier. It was drastic...I feel so hurt seeing him like that. I may not know the real reason or even his intention, I know he'd not do it for just a shallow reason. There must be something. 

 

Days have passed since we met but he was a bit okay then. That's why I am sure something worse really happened.

 

The blood on my shirt as well as on my hands didn't help me get any better. 

 

"Are you Mr. Kwon's company?" 

 

I looked up and saw the doctor was already in front of me. Hope rose in me as I noted he has soft expression on his face.

 

I nodded to his question.

 

"I am the grandmother," suddenly a woman's voice said.

 

I knew who it was. I was the one who called them. Jiyong's grandmother approached the doctor as she asked him of his condition while I remained seated, eyes on my hands.

 

"He's okay but for now, we have to monitor him closely. If it's possible, if he ever wakes up, be careful of what you mention to him. He seems depressed."

 

I heard another voice say okay. I bet that's his father. 

 

"It's a good thing he was brought here sooner. If you'd excuse me, I have to check on him."

 

When the doctor left, I was hoping that his family won't notice me but I was wrong because the woman I hated started calling me names. 

 

"You pathetic, what did you do to him?!"

 

I raised my head and threw her a bored look because I didn't have time to waste for her pathetic acts. 

 

And much more than that, I still feel uncomfortable around Jiyong's family since the last encounter wasn't good.

 

I stood up. "I'm going. Annyeong," I said then bowed my head. 

 

They didn't stop me, though and I wasn't surprised. I'm just no one to them. In fact, I was just a pretend girlfriend...for just that night.

 

I went to Tiffany's apartment. I don't want to be alone given that I feel depressed. I feel so lost. And I couldn't understand myself.

 

The way he looked at me with those sad and hurt eyes scared me. I just can't help but feel hurt.

 

"Jung Jess--what--is that blood?!" Tiffany exclaimed when she saw me.

 

I didn't answer her instead I went inside her apartment. She came trailing behind me as I settled on the floor. She sat in front of me.

 

"Yah, Jung Jessica, what happened? Did you kill someone? Did you kill Kiko Mizuhara? Because I heard that she's no longer the face of the company..."

 

Why is it like this? What's wrong with him?

 

I sighed.

 

Tiffany shook me by my shoulders and I just lazily turned to look at her.

 

She got that worried expression on her face as she held my face. "Bwo-ya? Why are you not answering me? What happened?!"

 

"Fany-ah," I said then hugged her.

 

"Hey! You have blood on your shirt," she said.

 

I pulled away. "Jiyong-ah, he hurt himself."

 

"Nugu? Jiyong who?"

 

I stopped myself from rolling my eyes and said, "Kwon Jiyong. The jerk guy. Top's friend."

 

"ASDFGHJKL! WHAT?!"

 

"Please don't shout."

 

"I'm normally loud. This is the normal tone! What do you mean he hurt himself?"

 

I sighed before telling her everything. When I say everything, the pretending to be his girlfriend part is not included. I don't want to talk about that because it was just for a night.

 

At first, she couldn't believe and I told her she was like me. Instead of hating him because he brought such problems, I just can't. He's...I don't know.

 

Tiffany let me stay the night and that very moment was a real trouble for me. I couldn't sleep. Is it because of worry or his face when I saw him weak?

 

For the nth time, I rolled over to the opposite side and heaved a deep sigh. 

 

"J-Jessica..."

 

Ugh! 

 

"Jiyong-ah!

 

I ran to him, and pulled his half body out of the bathtub. My body shivered at the sight of him. I was afraid of blood, yes, and that sums up why I was stunned for few moments before deciding to call for a help.

 

But Jiyong held me still, probably using his last strength to do so.

 

"Hey, let go. I'm calling for..."

 

"Andwe! Don't..."

 

I did otherwise and called for help.

 

I sighed again and shook the scene off my head. Why did he call me if he doesn't want any help, if he doesn't want to live?

 

Does he want me to watch him...die?

 

I can't help this! I want to see him! I badly want to see him and know if he's already okay. Part of me won't stop bugging me and swore if it continued, I'd explode in great depression. Aish!

 

Carefully, I looked at the person sleeping beside me, then found my way out of his apartment with nothing in my pocket except few bills. 

 

Aish! 

 

I think I have to borrow Tiffany's bike. Knowing her, she's not really good at it. She bought it because I forced her, too. 

 

Before I could pe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter