Almost Paradise

My Bae Brings Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JESSICA

 

"Jiyong," I called, tailing behind him into the house. He ignored me and just went into my room like it was actually his. I didn't have time for that; bicker with him jusy because of that because for now something is much bigger than that.

 

I went inside the room; he was already undressing, I mean, only his shirt. One by one he popped his buttons, and I stood there speechless, looking at him. 

 

"Ji," I said. He only threw me a glimpse and finally took of his shirt. He was shirtless, infront of me! This is the first time, isn't it? It could be! It's my first time to see his tattooed chest. I don't have against those so I'm okay with it. But still, shirtless Jiyong is earthquake.

 

He tossed his shirt somewhere, then lay on the bed. Damn, I got distracted by his body, why is he doing this to me? Does he want to kill me?

 

"Ah, seriously," he sighed after. I bit my lower lip as I stared at him from a far, and scolded myself mentally. "Actions are better than words. Thus, words are still needed for assurance. Chincha."

 

 

I suppressed a sob, and hastily ran closer to him on the bed. I got his hand and held it tight. "Y-yah, Jiyong. I'm sorry."

 

He diverted hia gaze to me nonchalantly, which brought pang to my already throbbing heart. I couldn't keep myself calm as I watched his eyes moved, examining my face which I found a meaning about. 

 

He has things running on his mind whenever he does that--scrutinizing your face, like he's looking for something. I wish he'd say something because it always gives me a hard time every time. He's harder to understand sometimes and it's even harder to, right now.

 

"Really, I'm sorry. I wanted to tell him, them," I said, trying to make him talk to me. "I really wanted them to know. I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Jiyong."

 

I bowed my head on his hand, hiding that I was already on the urge of tearing up. I don't know but the look on his face pained me, and I finally thought that my feelings for him were actually deeper than I thought. I was afraid.

 

It was not that long when I felt his hand pat my head. I tilted my head up to see if it was really Jiyong and it was. He gave me a small smile but was surprisingly enough for me to think I was acknowledged. 

 

Without further ado, I leaned on to give him a peck on his lips. I felt him stiffened, surprised by how fast I was. I just couldn't take it any longer. It was the time when I really wanted to bring back that pesky Jiyong who always have something to say to every words come out of my mouth. And I never wanted him to get angry.

 

When I pulled away, I was satisfied. His smile grew wider and later he touched my face. Suddenly, he pulled me down to him to give me what a real kiss is. And it was kind of hotter. I felt something weird in me as our tongues battled, devouring each other.

 

Oh, my gosh, this is hot!

 

I was the one who pulled away, and was catching my own breath. I looked at Jiyong with wide eyes. 

 

"What's wrong, babe? Couldn't take the heat?"

 

I hit his chest. "Yah, you !"

 

"What? Oh, come on, Jess," he held my hands but I pulled them free.

 

"I hate you, Kwon Jiyong," I got up from the bed, with a frown on my face.

 

He laughed. "Yah, you're still not forgiven. I'm still mad at you, peasant."

 

I reluctantly faced him and asked, "What are you trying to say? I need to do something more extreme just for you to forgive me?"

 

"Hm, I was thinking of something else, like eating, but I like your idea," he said, getting up and grinned at me.

 

It smells danger!

 

"No, no. You already did something extreme to me, so no," I said.

 

"Uhm, was that already extreme for you, babe?" he told, stepping closer to where I was standing. 

 

I gulped in wild curiosity. "Yah, will you stop being a ? You're making me thinking I decided wrong."

 

"Oh, I'd like to show how bad is it that you're keeping our relationship a secret to those people, especially that ex boyfriend slash best friend of yours," his tone of voice was daunting that made me cringe.

 

Gosh, Jiyong always surprises me with his charms, I mean, attribute or whatever. It's quite the same. 

 

"I told you, I want to tell them. It'll be great of they know..."

 

"But why you didn't tell them?"

 

"Because you said you are my boss and Jaebum knew that I am looking for a job," I said and was squick to add, "And it was your fault! It's always your fault!"

 

His browa arched, sensing that he's surprised.  He sat on the edge of the bed and asked, "Woah, how could it be my fault?"

 

"Hey, did you forget?" I asked, stepping near him. "It was because of you I lost my job!"

 

"What are you talking abou--oh! Flower shop," he said, as if he only remembered. That shouldn't be forgotten; it was like golden age of my life at the same time, was my unlucky day. "No, it was YOUR fault. Who told you to put those ugly flowers? Kiko hated those so--"

 

Upon the mention of her name, my mind came to realize that it's ing true we lack knowledge of each other's pasts, and lives. I became uncomfortable when I remembered her,  that woman who I hate the most. As much as possible, I wanted to forget that woman. And I did, few days but, life is playful, and I heard her name just now came out Jiyong's lips.

 

Maybe Jiyong sensed it, too, that I was already overthrowing inside and already a mess that he stopped talking. He only looked at me until he decided to stand up and approached me.

 

Jiyong cupped my face and said, "Hey, babe. I'm sorry."

 

I tried to smile it away but it only came out as forced. How could I be comfortable hearing her name when she's the reason why my relationship was broken. And even when she's not doing anything,  I feel something piercing my inner organ.

 

"It's okay," I managed to say.

 

"Are you sure?" I nodded. "I didn't me--"

 

Before he could finish his sentence, I already landed my lips on his. Maybe I did that because I don't wanna hear her name again, especially when it's from my boyfriend's mouth.

 

It's true that past can't be denied. It always affects you no matter what, in whatever way possible. Maybe we should really talk about us, our past, and about unresolved issues. And maybe then I'd find a way to solve them. 

 

"I'm okay. Why should I care about it?" I said, keeping my facade up.

 

"Right," he pulled me into his embrace. "But you know we have to know about each other more. Do you agree?"

 

"Yes," I said and wrapped my arms around him. "But not now? I'm tired."

 

I was really tired. No, we were tired. My plan was to offer free service as cooks in Mrs. Choi's eatery and it went according to plan. She was glad that we offered but didn't think too about the free service. She wanted to still give us wages but we refused to. Since she was persistent, we told her that she shouldn't bother, just give us something to eat in return. That was when she stopped and agreed.

 

The first day was tiring but productive, but I couldn't say it's fun. Jaebum was there the whole time and Jiyong was mad at me and jealous, do you think it was fun?

 

I felt sleepy all of a sudden. 

 

"Do you want to sleep?" I heard Jiyong ask.

 

"Yeah. Carry me," I ordered.

 

"Seriously, you can walk, it's ju--"

 

"Eeeee~" I hissed and slightly hopped.

 

He chuckled. "Fine," he said and lifted me up in one go. A squeal escaped my lips, resembling a dolphin scream. "Woah, you're no joke. You're a lazy kitten."

 

I just giggled. 

 

He lay me down on the bed, and tucked me in. My eyes were so heavy as usual, that I chose to close them. "Ah, really, my peasant."

 

"Thanks. I wasn't that heavy I know. Don't act

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter