Pretend

My Bae Brings Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JESSICA

 

I gritted through my teeth I felt my hurt...and fractured my ankle. Warm liquid stung my eyes and I swore by that very time, I knew I lost. 

 

I shamefully lookes up at him, though my tears wouldn't let me. One word babe: painful. It's too painful.

 

Our eyes met and noticed his shocked expression. I tried my best not to see him my tears though my injury was making it difficult for me. Damn these heels!!

 

I tasted bitterness in my mouth as well as alcohol, and by that time, I knew, he is moved on.

 

"Sica..."

 

Top was about to approach me and help me up but I raised a hand at him, stopping him. I don't know where I got the energy to do so though I feel drained because of too much hurt.

 

"Ahh!" I complained when I tried to get up. I immediately wiped the single tear escaped. No, I'm not going to cry.

 

"This !! Isn't this your toy, TOP?"

 

Ouch.

 

"Kiko..."

 

I met her gaze and sent her the same intensity as I struggled to endure the pain. "You're a ."

 

"Wh--Watch your mouth, desperate!!" she yelled at me and was about to slap me when...

 

"If I were you, I won't do it."

 

My eyes automatically directed to the owner of the voice and they widened when I finally saw him. 

 

Kiko instantaneously redeemed her hand and looked at Jiyong with shocked eyes as Top remained staring at me, he then stared at Jiyong. 

 

"Jiyong, she attacked me!" she said...well, it's the truth, though. 

 

"I know and she has the right to," he sternly said then looked down at me.

 

I couldn't do anything but stare back at him, and deep inside, I was grateful and at the same time feel like I bothered him again. I can still remember what he said before I left his condo unit. That I shouldn't expect we'll act like we know each other again. 

 

And now, I feel ashamed. Just under his gaze down at me.

 

I slowly looked down then cried. Damn, Jessica!!! You're so weak. Now that you're sober you grew weak already! You lost your self-esteem. What a waste!

 

"Get up," I heard him say. 

 

I didn't. I just looked at my injured ankle while tears steamed down my face. 

 

"W-What are you doing?" that's the only thing came out my mouth when I felt his arm under my legs and the other at my back, then within few seconds, he was already carrying me, like how a groom carries his bride.

 

I could only look at his expressionless face as he turned around and started walking out of the building. 

 

I heard Top called my name but I couldn't look at him because Jiyong suddenly pulled me closer to him and pressed my head closer to his neck. For a moment, I stiffened and felt my chest tightened. He smelled...it was manly and full of desire. I was intoxicated and lost as I closed my eyes to smell him.

 

His strong arms around me...and his skin on my skin. It was real toxic...it feels good.

 

Next thing I knew, he already put me inside his car...at the back seat.

 

The usual place...I guess.

 

I was speechless and when he said I should not move, it was like an order of a king that I didn't even move my hand. I was immobilized. 

 

"Please drop me by the bus stop," I told him.

 

"No." I was surprised by his answer.

 

"But--"

 

"We're going to the hospital."

 

"W-Wae?!"

 

He didn't answer me, instead he continued driving. 

 

"I'm okay. You know you don't have to do this," I told him, feeling a bit worried that maybe I've caused disturbance.

 

Yeah, sure!! You just did, Jessica!

 

"Please, just drop me by the--"

 

"We're here," he said. 

 

But I didn't move, I just stayed there. "I told you I'm okay."

 

He went out of the car then opened the door for me. "You're hurt."

 

"I know but it's just sprain. I can walk by tomorrow, though."

 

He glared at me. "Seriously, you're so dumb. If you're afraid of being in the hospital, it's okay. After they'd treat your foot, I'll take you home."

 

I bowed my head, contemplated whether to just agree or not. This is so embarrassing. 

 

"Okay," I said. 

 

I tried to get down but he stopped me. He carried me again, to where the stretcher is. As soon as he put me down, nurses led me to the attending physician and I didn't see him then.

 

I bit my lower lip when the doctor held my injured foot. I was answering questions of pain while my head is turning side to side, looking through the door for Jiyong.

 

"Miss Jung, relax. Mr. Kwon won't go anywhere," the guy, I mean the doctor told me and that stopped me from peeking.

 

"Just Jessica."

 

I looked at him as he flashed me a smile. He started treating my sprain and I swear it'd be nothing tomorrow. It's not that too severe. Jiyong was just exaggerating that he even thought of bringing me here.

 

"Just be careful, and as much as possible, don't move around. You need to rest to prevent further more complications. But in the mean time, you can stay here or go home."

 

"She is going home," a familiar voice said.

 

--

 

"Hmm, I thought we are goi..."

 

"Something came up," he said, still driving. 

 

I looked back at the street that he was supposed to turn to but didn't. Instead he drove straight ahead.

 

"What?"

 

"You know I helped you many times, right?"

 

The question itself brought me awkward feelings. I just nodded at him when he looked back at me though the rear view mirror. 

 

"Help me tonight."

 

"W-What do you mean?"

 

He stopped the car at the side, fronting a 24/7 department store. With my creased forehead, I met his eyes when he turned around to look at me.

 

"Errr, this is a...uhm..." he stammered. 

 

"What?"

 

"Can you, ehmm..."

 

"Seriously, what is--"

 

"Pretend to be my girlfriend tonight."

 

I blinked, then froze to what he said. I heard him right, didn't I? That's seriously what he said, right? 

 

"Seriously, the look on your face offended me," he said. 

 

"Well, you can't blame me."

 

"Aish! Why did I even ask you in the first place? This is so frustrating. Arggh! If that guy didn't tell the hou..."

 

I stared at him as the look on his face turned sour. Somehow, deep inside my being know this is ridiculous and a bit childish but what he had done to me a month ago was very persuading. 

 

This may sound a bit awkward but, should I pretend he's my boyfriend for the second time?

 

"Pink Panther, I called. He glared back at me as he sat right beside me at the back seat.

 

My eyes widened to that and feel cautious. 

 

"If you stop staring at me like that, I might at least do it."

 

His face softened. "What? What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter