What Matters The Most

My Bae Brings Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JESSICA 

 

Tired, and exhausted, Jiyong an I settled on the bench just outside of eatery. He has an arm around my shoulder, and I leaned my head on his. We looked happy, aren't we? Happy and tired.

 

Two days of staying here was really productive. We had worked together, and knew bits about each other. And that was part of my plan all along; to know about each other. It's a first step to every relationship. Well, I don't know if that's the case with some of you, but for me, yes, know your partner more than just his superficial self.

 

"Too tiring," I heard him say.

 

"Yeah, I want to sleep," I told. 

 

"Really? Should we go home now?" he asked, but I hinted something. "Let's conti--"

 

I pinched his side that made him jump, and caused me to lift my head off his shoulder. He glowered at me. "You always hurt me."

 

I scowled to that. "I do? Yah, before I became your girlfriend, I hurt you more than just pinching you. So you should be grateful I have a slightest pity for you."

 

"Ah, chincha. I think I made a wrong decision. Aww!"

 

He caressed the part on his thigh that I pinched and unexpectedly he pouted. I chuckled to what I see; he's too cute, oh, dear.

 

Because his lips were tempting me, and his pout was already luring me, I gave him a sweet kiss. He was stunned. Well, it's because I haven't still told anyone he's my boyfriend. And everyone in the eatery doesn't know.

 

When I pulled away, he gave me a knowing look. "You, pesky. You are aware they saw it, right?"

 

"Yeah, and they need confirmation since you were obviously all over me today. Don't you think they still believe you're my friend, or my boss?" he didn't say anything and just caressed my cheek with his two fingers. "Boss doesn't back hug an employee, and friends don't steal kisses."

 

Jiyong grinned and tipped my nose. "Quite smart, aren't we?"

 

I nodded. 

 

"Let's go and eat our last Jessica Meal before we go back to your World-filled-with-s city," he said and took my hand. I giggled in great bliss.

 

When we entered the eatery, we were surprised to hear plates shattering. My eyes diverted to the person who was picking those broken pieces. Jay. I hurriedly went near and crouched down beside him.

 

"Jay, are you okay?" and tried helping him and I felt my finger got stung. "Damn it," I whispered.

 

"Leave," he said.

 

My brows raised to the tone of his voice. "What? No. I'll help you."

 

"Tss," He merely looked at me and stood up, carrying his tray and disappeared to the kitchen. 

 

"Are you okay, Jess?" Jiyong came and abruptly got my hand when he saw blood. "Yah! It's bleeding. Mrs. Choi, do you have a first-aid kit?"

 

Mrs. Choi nodded and rapidly disappeared to the changing room. Jiyong, who was overreacting, pulled me to sit on a chair nearby. I kept telling him I was okay and that I didn't even feel any pain. 

 

"Stop lying," he'd only say.

 

Few seconds later, Mrs. Choi came with the kit and Jiyong swiftly got it from her. 

 

"Ji, I'm okay, really."

 

He didn't listen to me, instead, he my fingers (I didn't know that was two). "Ji, what the hell are you doing?"

 

He still ignored me and continued what he was doing. Since I couldn't argue with him anymore and he's as hard-headed as me, I let him do it. Not because I fully couldn't do anything, but because seeing him like that was amusing. 

 

Kwon Jiyong is a type of guy who won't let his guard down often. He tends to choose to hide what he's actually feeling and that one thing I knew won't change. But when something happens, something like this, he tends to lose his rationale. Moreover, he's the guy that I love.

 

I love him, I am sure of that. It's the feeling that I haven't felt for a long time. It's something like, I am connected to him. Whenever he's sad, I feel it too, like I can feel his sadness. I want to see him happy. Whenever he's happy, I see his smile and his beautiful eyes also smile. I want him to love me back. I don't care how much would it costs me to get him to love me back, but I'm on it. I'm betting. 

 

Jiyong already wrapped band-aids to my cuts, and I couldn't help but love him so, especially when he gave two little kisses on both band-aids. 

 

"What was that for?"

 

He looked up at me and grinned, "Magic kisses."

 

I couldn't suppressed a chuckle. "You believe in magic?"

 

"Only when I met you," he told and stood up, offering his palm to me.

 

I placed mine on his and said, "You're cheesy."

 

"No. I'm being romantic."

 

"Ergh, nope. Romantic is not for you, Mr. Kwon," I said and also stood up beside him. I turned to Mrs. Choi, she had this sorry expression on her face that she shouldn't have. It was exactly not her fault. "Mrs. Choi."

 

She smiled weakly and said, "I apologize for this, Jessica."

 

"No, it's not your fault. I just got careless. Beside, we should be the one apologizing," I told and smiled. "I think there's something wrong with Jay. Do you know what happened?"

 

She shook her head. "No, but..."

 

"But what?"

 

She sighed, might be contemplating whether to tell me or not. And either way she chose, I'd still urge her to do so now that my guts keep on making me think of anything else. 

 

"Sooyeon-ah, you know Jaebum still loves you, right?"

 

I was taken a back for a moment but I thought it could be possible. Even when we already broke up, I knew somehow one of us would still feel it. And it's him. 

 

I nervously bit my lower lip as I tried to get a glimpse of Jiyong beside me. It wasn't that I was overly conceited, but wouldn't you normally feel bothered if someone brought up your lover's past? 

 

He must have felt it too. "Jess, I guess I have to leave you first."

 

I immediately turned to him and reached for his hand. "Ji,  you don't have to."

 

"But you have to talk with Mrs. Choi, and also with Jay," he said his name as if pertaining he was the main point here. 

 

"No, I won't talk to him. I'll just..."

 

"Sshh. Babe, it's okay," he said and cupped my face, smiling down at me. "You don't have to worry about me. I'll be just outside."

 

For a moment I didn't say anything and just stared up at his face. I don't really know if I got lost for words or I was just lost in his eyes. I never thought there's a serious and understanding side to Jiyong. 

 

"Okay," I finally said. "But don't go anywhere. Just outside,  sit on the bench. Okay?"

 

What I said earned me a chuckle from him. "Clingy, aren't we?"

 

"Well, I have the right to," I muttered, that's the only thing I could come up with. 

 

"So, I'll go?" I nodded. "Don't let him do something inappropriate. Call for me. Understood?"

 

"Yeah, but be sure you're not going anywhere."

 

"I told you. No. I'll be just outside," he said with that wide grin on his face.

 

I smiled and finally let him go. He was already out of the door when I decided to walk to where Jay was currently. I don't know what has gotten into me but that time, there was only one thing I wanted him to know; whatever it is he got there in his chest, I am willing to listen and understand, but never would ever reciprocate it.

 

Motioning the others to leave us, I kept my eyes on Jaebum who was at the sink, his back facing my direction. I knew he knew I was there.

 

"Did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter