Falling for Him or Him

My Bae Brings Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JESSICA

 

"Go home now," he said that for the tenth time now but I always just shrugged it off or said otherwise. 

 

I sat on the couch and just stare at his expression, and smiled. I'm liking this way because he can't reach me nor hit my head. He's been doing that to me.

 

He rolled his eyes but I just stuck my tongue out. 

 

"Childish," he said, lie down.

 

"Who cares? I love my immaturity," I said, putting my jaw on my hand.

 

He didn't say anything for a while so I lay on the couch, get some rest since I'm obviously drained because of that buttface.

 

Though it may seem weird, when I'm with him, when he's bickering with me, I feel at ease. It's just...it somehow makes me forget about something drastic. 

 

I smiled to myself.

 

"Wae?"

 

With eyebrows raised, I turned my head to him, smiled that small one and then shook my head. "Nothing."

 

"Li...ar~"

 

I suppressed a huge smile and turned away from him, staring at the white ceiling above me.

 

"Go home," I heard him say those words again.

 

I just shook my head. "It's late. It's already dangerous outside."

 

"You didn't think of that before coming here? Stupid."

 

This time, I turned my body to face him, to see him clearly. "You really like to call me names, huh?"

 

He did the same; he turned his body to his right, facing me. It saddened me to see his wrist. He must have seen me staring at it because he hid it under his blanket. 

 

I know I should have asked him about it but I can't. I don't want to risk it. Jiyong is unpredictable. One minute he's nice but the next minute, he could flip tables so no, I'm not risking it. As much as possible, I won't ask about it anymore. 

 

"Hey, aren't you going to ask why I got inside your unit?"

 

I saw his face hardened. Aish. Stupid. You just said you won't mention about the incident but look at you now. Aish.

 

"Ah, mianhe. I wasn't mea--"

 

"Of course, I told you the code."

 

"Yes, you did. You're right. I memorized it, you know. But what's the meaning behind it? You know, it can't be your birthday, right?"

 

When he didn't answer, I lifted my body a little to see his face but I saw that he already closed his eyes.

 

Is he already asleep? How fast.

 

I stared at him for a moment and shook my thoughts away. I stood up and went to him after moments, and still, stared at him. 

 

Obviously he looked so not-Jiyong. There were visible dark circles under his eye that scream tiredness. 

 

"You always tell me to be strong but how about you?" I chuckled at my own words. I pulled the blanket over to his whole body.

 

You look human now, Kwon Jiyong. You look peaceful and innocent now that you're asleep. How ironic it is that you have a bad boy's body but a baby boy's face. 

 

And your pink hair, how funny, eh? Maybe I should tell you to dye it again when you wake up since it's starting to grow black ones. You're so weird.

 

I ran my hand through his hair...what?!

 

I immediately pulled my hand back and mentally slapped and scolded myself.

 

I've been struggling with that act lately. Every time I see him and his fluffy hair, I just have the urge to run my fingers through his hair.

 

And I just did it...it was well, good? 

 

I focused back on Jiyong's face. A small smile crept on my lips, as I patted his head, "Sleep tight, Pink Panther."

 

--

 

"Jessica, will you please go cook for us," suddenly my mother told me while I was circling something on a newspaper. 

 

As always, I'm looking for a decent and steady job. And from time to time, it just gets a bit harder for me. Resume and this background check! Ugh!

 

With a heavy feeling, I stood up, walked over to the kitchen and almost bumped to my father who has few boxes in his arms. 

 

"Appa, how let me help you," I said.

 

"Ani. Just do what your mother told you to. She's upset again."

 

I just heaved a shallow sigh before I turned to the kitchen, mentally preparing what I needed. I settled on american style breakfast since we just...kinda love it. 

 

--

 

"You lost your job?" father asked me after I sipped on my orange juice. 

 

I nervously glanced at my mother and nodded. "Kinda..."

 

"Do you need some help, Jessica? I can held find you one but, for me, stay here and have a decent rest. I can see you look tired. I'm worried. "

 

I gave a pursed smile. "Yea. I'm sorry for making you worried, appa."

 

"Ani, go find a job. Don't just waste your time being idle around here. Be a responsible daughter," suddenly, as expected, my mother snapped.

 

I could only pursed my lips together as my appa talked back to her. And soon, they started to bicker. I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter