The Doubt

My Bae Brings Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JESSICA

 

"So baby, when can I meet your whole family? I mean as a whole. I really want to meet them as your boyfriend."

 

I gave him a look and shrug.

 

"What? You're not going to introduce me or something?" he asked, moving closer to me.

 

I just ignored him and continued on baking something for Tiffany since I haven't talked to her for a while now since that day, you know. I understand her and all; she doesn't want anymore drama and I can say I like that but this is my love life.

 

"Jess." I didn't answer him.

 

I heard him sigh and called my name again, "Jess, l--"

 

"Don't Jess me, Kwon Jiyong," he was quite shocked with my outburst. Okay fine, I'm pissed off, and wanna know why? It's because I am jealous? Wanna know who? Fine, it's Kiko. I mean you can't blame me, okay? That woman have been calling his phone for the nth times, pestering the hell out of the two of us yet he still answered her call despite us having a serious talk about what happened to him the day he called me for help.

 

You know as his girlfriend, I want to know that. Not that I want to know whatever secrets he has; I just want to know how I should be able to help him and understand his situation. I love him, and that's why I care for him. I just don't know why he should act like that. If he doesn't want to, he should just tell me with a valid reason.

 

"Is this about Kiko again?" Lo--"

 

"No. It is about the talk!" I faced him this time. "You know you have to tell me."

 

As usual, he avoided it. He moved away, pretending that wasn't a big deal.

 

"Don't you dare walk away just like that!"

 

I saw annoyance written all over his face when he stopped walking and turned back to face me. "What?"

 

What? Just what?!

 

I tried stopping myself from spouting something hard but I just couldn't when I know I have all the right to. You just can't let it go easily when you know that's need to be said.

 

"Jiyong, am I not that important to you?" I asked, almost inaudible but he heard it.

 

"What? What kind of question is that? Of course, you are."

 

"But why can't you tell me?"

 

"Tell you what, Jess? Tell you what? You know I am already annoyed, I hope you can see that on my face. And I don't know what I should do to make you stop talking. You're talking too much, over and over again. It's annoying me!"

 

Damn, so it is my fault, then? Is it really wrong to do that? To ask him since we're already in a relationship? Hell! Jessica, just don't cry. Don't cry!

 

I held back my tears and smiled bitterly. "Fine, I'm out."

 

I hurriedly went to the living room and got my things. I heard him tailing behind me, calling my name but that very moment I felt like my ears are too deaf to hear any hint of regret.

 

"Jess..."

 

I didn't look at him, and just hurriedly reach the door. He held it before I could open it. He made me face him but my hand waa already holding the knob.

 

"Jess, don't go. Can we just drop the topic?" he has such soft tone now but as I've said, I don't hear anything.

 

"You don't get it, do you? I don't think we're ready," I told him, even when my heart is already hurting."

 

"Jess, no. We--"

 

"Being in a relationship is being honest with each other; no secrets."

 

He didn't react to that but I know he heard that, and got it because he already loosened his grip. My heart almost shattered to pieces but maybe I got it right. Is he being held back?

 

That's the question keep on running through my thick brain, but in the end, I still didn't get an answer even until I got home. There I cried myself out.

---

 

I woke up to the feeling of being shaken, and saw it was someone who I needed that very moment, my best friend. Tiffany had that worried expression on her face but she smiled.

 

"Your father told me you might need someone to talk to," she said, pertaining to my Dad who was just outside of my room.

My Dad...

 

He only smiled briefly at me before showing me his bag, telling me he'd be going to E

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter