Complicated

My Bae Brings Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JESSICA

 

Nervous. I was nervous. Who would have thought I'd ever feel so damn nervous just by meeting him, when I had known him way back then? It's the moment I never thought I'd ever be. For once I felt at fault for everything even though it was his in the first place. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here--standing just few feet away from the meeting place, with hands sweating, and teeth biting my lower lip. Damn, I was so nervous.

 

But it was his doing that changed my life--my love life to be exact. I wouldn't be in love with Jiyong if it wasn't for what he did. Part of me believed that was for revenge, but the greater part of me solely believed it wasn't. I was really meant to be in love with the person I least expected I'd ever fall for. Thinking about us, I surely treasure him way better than the first encounter.

 

I clutched my sling bag closer my body as I made my way inside his office. I forgot, this was actually Jiyong's company and I haven't told him yet about this.

 

Top, after that phone call, wanted us to have a serious talk and partly, I was glad he offered. If it was me, I couldn't even so. Right when I got in the building, I regretted agreeing to meet him here. What if Jiyong see us?

 

I'm glad he didn't, yet.

 

I stepped in with a faint knock on Top's door. 

 

Top lifted his head to look at me and immediately, his eyes turned serious--more serious than they were when he was doing some paperwork. 

 

"Hi..." I tried talking but it turned to a whisper. 

 

"Hi," he replied. 

 

. Why is this so...awkward?

 

Few seconds of exchanging glances and awkward smiles, he motioned me to finally come in as he approached me, closing the door after.

 

"Have a seat," he told which I uneasily obliged. He took the seat adjacent to my spot. "How's your day, Sica?"

 

Oh, damn! This isn't good.

 

"G--Look, Seunghyun--"

 

"Impressive, you dropped 'Oppa', 'Top', but Seunghyun?" I felt it. I knew it. So instead, I stayed silent. "Jessica, what is it with him that made you changed your mind about us? Huh?"

 

I had so much to say to him, and I wanted to spat on his face what I wanted to say to him but I couldn't. Maybe it's because I knew myself that I was really at fault. How dare I blame it all to Seunghyun?

 

I can see on his face that he seemed, if not disgusted, disappointed of him. 

 

Seunghyun clicked his tongue and smiled slyly though I knew he was already hurt but only kept his composure. As expected, he's the Composure King. 

 

"You were wit--Ani, how long has it been? How long Jess? Was he the one who asked you to give me a chance then ran away? You hurt me. Do you know that?"

 

Why is this so hard? Why does this feel I am a ing sinner and that everybody around me is all saint? 

 

"I'm sorry," was all I could say. Somehow, I silently hope it was enough to speak up my mind now that I seemed to lost all the words I have to let Seunghyun know. How I wished it was that simple.

 

After thinking it through, and Jiyong's face showed up in my heaf, I knew I have to do something. I need to do something. Nothing else matters but him. It was like a mantra that I kept saying in my mind. And it was helpful. I finally had the courage to look him in the eyes. "But he didn't ask me to. I just...it happened that way. I don't know where it all started but I am in love with hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter