Commotion

My Bae Brings Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From: Jaebum

Sooyeonie, are you okay now? I heard from your mother that you went home already. Call me if you get this.

 

I stared at the message for a moment then sighed. I'm sorry, Jay. I guess I just need to do this alone. 

 

"So, Jessie, is everything okay with the job?"

 

I shook my head at Tiffany who just dragged me out for lunch. I understand her since for years we have eaten dinner together. But now that I was fired from the shop, it gets worst. 

 

I shook my head again. "Looking for a job is easy but because of my record, which, obviously is not a kind approach to customers, none of them hired me."

 

"It's that jerk's fault! Ugh! If I see him, I will really give him one good slap. What's his name again? Ay! Jinjja! I don't even know his name. We don't even know his name!" she said, restraining.

 

My answer was just a shrug instead if telling her. She doesn't know about him yet and how he helped me. After what happened a month ago, I kinda don't hate him. Not that I can't but it shouldn't be like that knowing he has done a big, well, help. I just...can't stop thinking about him. And his sudden change. It bothers me alot.

 

He's lonely and I feel it. Maybe he needs someone to talk to.

 

"Hello! Earth to Jessica!!" Tiffany snapped, waving her hand in front of me.

 

I came back to my senses and in order not to be suspicious...not that I am kinda guilty, but knowing her, she'd not stop bugging me, I talked about something else.

 

"Tiffany, you told me I can do modeling, right?"

 

She nodded, eating her fries. "Yeah."

 

"And you said that there's two companies that still need models, right?"

 

"Jessica Jung, I was just kidding. I won't allow you! It's an undergarment something like . I don't want to see your body exposed that much," she said, which is true.

 

A shrug was enough to tell her I kinda think about it. "Jung Sooyeon, please tell me you're not thinking of doing it."

 

"Why not? You were the one who told me I have potentials."

 

"But exposing your body isn't what I meant. Aigoo!"

 

"Pabo! Of course, I'm not doing it."

 

"What? What do you mean?"

 

I rolled my eyes, amused. "I want to try being one."

 

"Explain further, please."

 

I smiled then put my both arms on the table. "Let's try going to that company. An-_"

 

"Which company?"

 

"The cosmetics. Shampoo."

 

Tiffany suddenly laughed. I just frowned at her reaction because I didn't get why. What I did was, I waited until she finally stopped. 

 

I was still staring at her questioningly. 

 

"Yah! Shampoo? Cosmetics? Really, Jung Jessica?"

 

I shrugged. "Why not. For a starter."

 

"Aigoo. Too confident, eh?"

 

"What do you mean?" I asked, curious of what she said. 

 

She gave me a look as if I was stupid not to understand. "What do you think of doing is a CF, you rotten girl. You can't just do that so easily!"

 

"Why not?"

 

She hissed at me. Am I still dumb not to get her point? 

 

"Endorsing such product from a well-known company needs a head-to-toe check up."

 

"Tiffany-ah, you sound like a genius. Why do I feel like I am dumb right now?"

 

Eyeing me, she moved her head closer. "You didn't get my point. Did you?"

 

I opened my mouth to say something but it turned into an awkward smile. I shyly shook my head then cringed my nose.

 

"Ah, jinjja?! You really don't?" I shook my head. "Aish. Because you're my friend, I tried my best not to be rude."

 

"Wae? Aren't we frank with each other? Why are you sugar-coating?"

 

"It's not like that. You know it's a well-known company, right? So they must be looking for some celebrity-type to endorse their new product. I heard it's the company's greatest change."

 

I nodded as if I understand. "Is it really hard to say that I am not pretty enough to do it? Or, maybe I am not really capable of doing it. You think that way, don't you?"

 

"Aish! Aniyo! It's just that, I don't want to see your expression once...hm..."

 

"Waah, Hwang Tiffany really thinks I can't do it and I won't get picked. Aren't you supposed to be my motivation?" I asked, faking I was ticked off. 

 

She gave me a slap on my arm. "It's not like that! I heard that they already have someone else."

 

"Ah. Is that so? How lucky," I said and resumed eating my ramyeon, feeling a bit disappointed, but quite hiding it. I was even really serious about doing it.

 

"I heard that she's a very good model. She's from Japan, and she's really pretty. Many women envied her because she's Kwon Jiyong's girlfriend."

 

I almost choked, but luckily I have consumed enough water. "W-What did you say?"

 

"What?"

 

"Did you say Kwon Jiyong?"

 

She looked at me questioningly but nodded. She focused her attention to her junk food. 

 

Aish! There are a lot of guys named Kwon Jiyong! Why...aish. You are weird, Jessica.

 

"That model is so lucky. Wow. The girlfriend of the owner," Tiffany suddenly continued.

 

"You mean Kwon Jiyong is the owner?"

 

She nodded. 

 

I don't know why but I have this urge to ask her more. And so I did.

 

"Fany-ah, have you seen the model personally?"

 

"Ah? Aniyo. Just photos," she told me. "Yah. Do you plan to do something to her? Tell me. Are you planning of eliminating her so you could be the face of the company?" she pointed a chopstick at me as if interrogating me for a crime. Aish, her aegyo!

 

I immediately shook my head. "It's not like that. I'm just curious."

 

Fort

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter