Chapter 16

Odd Housemate
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Happy anniversary! But I am so sorry baby, I am still stuck in the meeting. I can’t pick you up tonight and might not make it. I will make it up to you, I promise. I love you.


“I should have expected that…It’s fine, I’ll just visit your father first before I go home.” Xiao Lei mumbled as she read his text message. She curtly replied with an ‘It’s okay, I’ll just go home’, and just finished the coffee she had ordered before going to his boyfriend’s parents.


Lu Han had been so busy and she can’t really blame anyone. It was somewhat understandable. Lu Han was stressed with everything. He had to quit his designing job to take care of his father even more. He also had to replace him for them to save the company, as his mother helps him out from time to time while being a full time housewife for her husband. It was a mutual agreement between Lu Han and his family and Xiao Lei being just a girlfriend, had nothing to do with it.


She was starting to think twice. To continue or to end things. She was being selfish if people are going think that the reason is actually just because she’s not being given enough attention by Lu Han. Instead, she just didn’t want him to suffer every time, thinking he has responsibilities with her when in fact their family and their business are the most important things. In the end, they’re growing…apart.


The first few weeks were tolerable. Lu Han was able to have time to send her and pick her up from school, and even call her from time to time. If she also had the time, she will make lunch for him and go to his office but to be dismayed because of his endless meetings, she’s not able to meet him. But as time goes by, it lessened and Xiao Lei will actually just receive text of an apology. Seeing each other 2 times a week is already too much and the struggles of not having the same schedule make it worse.


“Good evening Xiao Lei! What brought you here?” Mr. Lu greeted her happily and with a warm and welcoming hug. “Come in! Come in!”


Xiao Lei had been feeling like a real daughter whenever she goes to visit their home because of their way of welcoming her. It was also an amazing thing since Lu Han’s mother can already talk to her casually. At times, like an old mentor. All of it started because of Lu Han's father...a bad scenario to begin with but she couldn't wish anything more.


“You know I will visit, Mr. Lu. I am always here every week.”


“You got me there. But I thought Lu Han’s going to your apartment, why are you here?”


“He was actually supposed to meet me at the café and have dinner with me but he’s still in a meeting.” Xiao Lei slightly pouted and Mrs. Lu suddenly appeared with a tray of cake and juice for all 3 of them.


“You know Lu Han has his reasons and that doesn’t mean you should stress yourself about it. You should eat, you’re starting to lose weight.” She said sternly.


“Oh I know! Lu Han is preparing for—” Mr. Lu suddenly lightened up but she was immediately cut off by her wife


“For a project with our Japanese investors, that’s why he’s so busy. Right, hon?” The two gave each other a look and nodded. “You should eat now”.


The mother told her sternly, Xiao lei gulped and in an instant, she started eating what was given to her while chatting with his parents for a couple of hours. She might be smiling and giggling with them, but somehow at the back of her mind, she’s wishing that she had the same relationship with her family, and not just with her brothers.

 

 

 

Xiao Lei carefully entered the apartment upon seeing the familiar car outside their home. She was tired but excited at the same time, but the worse is her negative thoughts wouldn’t go away. Once again, to continue or to end things.


“Oh! You’re here already?! Just bear with me one moment, I’ll just finish this up, okay?”


Lu Han was surprised when she a

Please log in to read the full chapter