Chapter 3

Odd Housemate
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Her alarm rang off as loud as it can but it wasn’t still enough to make Xiao Lei fully awake.  She sat up, got her towel and went straight to the bathroom, like what she usually does when it’s work day. She walked like a zombie until one scene made her widen her eyes. Lu Han was only wearing sweatpants as he mindlessly brushed his teeth. It seemed like he just also woke up since he was brushing quite slowly and his eyes were still drooping…and his bed hair did not do any justice for her either. He looks so manly…and hot.


She quickly closed the door again and leaned on the door, hoping that Lu Han did not see her.


“Of course, he wasn’t aware, right? Right?” she asked herself repeatedly. She suddenly felt her cheeks burning hot and fanned herself to control her emotions. She wasn’t feeling aroused, rather embarrassed since she wasn’t used seeing guys shirtless, except for her brothers. “That’s why I don’t like g—WAAAHH!”


Lu Han abruptly opened the door causing her to fall back on him. Due to her weight and Lu Han did not expect it too, they both fell on the floor with Xiao Lei on top of him.


“Ugh, you’re heavy…” Lu Han groaned as she pushed her off him. She stood up as fast as she could and looked away from his surprisingly fit body.


“Can you please put a shirt on?” she covered her face with her towel while pointing to his upper body.


“What’s wrong?” he innocently asked and looked down to his torso.


“You’re half- and I’m just uncomfortable—Ugh, just put a shirt on!”


“It’s just a body, what’s wrong with it?” Lu Han smirked. “I may have bigger s than you.” He evilly chuckled as he put down her towel from her face and pointed at her chest, making Xiao Lei fumed in anger.


“Hey! That is so mean! My s are not flat!!” she pushed Lu Han out of her way while sticking her tongue out at him before slamming the door right on his face.


“It isn’t, but it is smaller than average!” Lu Han blurted out and Xiao Lei just scoffed and chose not to respond anymore.


She was just done with her refreshing shower and went out of the bathroom only a towel wrapped around her body. The moment she opened the bathroom door, she saw Lu Han casually sitting on the couch, at least with a shirt on, but that wasn’t her problem. She forgot the fact that a guy was already living with her and she forgot her clothes in her room. She thought of waiting for Lu Han to leave his place, but she might get late if she does that. Without any other choice, she hid her body behind the door and asked Lu Han to close his eyes.


“Why would I?”


“I have to go to my room and get changed!”


“So? Just run to your room, I might miss something important in this show.” Lu Han told her but he was just flipping channels.


“Please?” Lu Han suddenly sighed and went to the kitchen.


“That’s better.” Xiao Lei bit her tongue playfully as she started walking to her room.


“Why do you need to be so shy? As if there’s really something to see.” He evilly told her as he was leaning at the kitchen door, watching Xiao Lei’s moves. She froze for a moment and saw Lu Han ‘checking her out’. She widened her eyes at his expression and shrieked while running for her life back to her room. “Weirdo.” He chuckled and shook his head while going back into his original seat.


“You are such a ert!” she accused him when she finally got out of her room, fully dressed and ready to go out.


“I may want a body like yours, except for the s, I want a bigger size, but I am not a ert.”


“Just shut up Lu Han unless you want to sleep on the streets.” She warned him and felt satisfied when Lu Han shut his mouth. “I’ll be going.”


“Where are you going? What time will you be home?” he curiously asked her before she can even storm off the house.


“I’ll be home late. If you want Sehun to be here, fine, as long as you don’t mess up the house.”


“You didn’t answer my first question…”


“I have school and work.” She told him bluntly as she put on her shoes.


“You are still studying at your age?” he didn’t intend to but he sounded like a douche with his question.


“Uhh, excuse me? I am already taking my masters and I am paying for my own school expenses.” She scoffed.


“I was just asking.” He put his hands up in defeat.


“Whatever. I have to go ahead.”


Xiao Lei was ready to go through her daily life. She had to go to jobs (mind the s) until late in the afternoon, and go straight to her classes. Every day she almost has no time to actually study anymore but as much time as she gets, she tried to slip in a few readings and even catch up with her sleep.


“If only I didn’t disobey my parents then I don’t have to work my off…” Xiao Lei regrettably mumbled while she was finally on her way home and still scanning through her notes. She had never wanted to rebel and run away from home but it was like a hellhole. She had no choice. It’s either to continue life being tied down and do things that she hated to do or do whatever she wants, but still had to work her off. All she wanted was to be a good daughter and at the same time, do what she wants but her father chose to close his mind already.


Her train of thoughts was interrupted with the loud ringing of her phone.


“Xiao Lei! Where are you?” a loud and deep voice shouted from the other end of the line.


“Kris, don’t shout. I’m on my way home, what do you want?”


“There is a man in your apartment! What do you think you’re doing?!” Kris yelled again.


“J-j-just w-wait! I’ll be there in a minute.” Xiao Lei trembled as she remembered her new boarder. She had forgotten to tell her brother and forgot to warn Lu Han. She ran as fast as she can before her cozy home turns into a slaughter house.


“Xiao Lei!! Who are these men?! I thought no boys allowed in here except me and Sehun?!” Lu Han protested as soo

Please log in to read the full chapter