Chapter 4

Odd Housemate
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Why didn’t you tell them?! Why me?! I should tell them to come back right this instant or I’ll pay you—”


“Even if they do, will they be able to put this back? No. This is also not a simple mannequin that can be bought in random stores. I got the measurements from my own models so that it can be made to that mannequin, and now it’s ruined! I don’t even have time to order another one for I only have 2 weeks left and I need to pass my draft the day after tomorrow! It won’t be here on time!”


“So…what do you want me to do then?”


“You’ll help me with my project and be my mannequin.”


“WHAT?! NO! I also have my own life.”


“You don’t have a choice though…I’ll be nice so you’ll start working with me tomorrow. Good night.” Lu Han suddenly pushed the poor woman out of his room and slammed the door right on her face. Xiao Lei was dumbfounded, angered, and betrayed. It was a mixed emotions without the happiness side.


“How can you do this to me?! I hate you.” She frowned as she punched the words on her phone, sending the message to his so-called brothers. With a heavy heart, she started cleaning up their mess and went to straight to her room. “This is awful.”


Xiao Lei grunted as she finally threw herself on her bed. It has only been a couple of days that Lu Han was living with her yet all of those things that she actually expected happened in just a short span of time. She wasn’t able to prepare at the wrath of her three brothers that she has now to suffer being the mannequin-slash-doll of her tenant. It was hard living with those three but somehow, she was thankful that even if they were always uncontrollable, she can lean on them whenever she needs serious help. May it be financial or just someone she can talk to. And Lu Han…thanks to him for she was able to pay off her student loans and finally, she can graduate without debts. He basically paid for her last semester of studies.


“XIAO LEI!! WAKE UP!”


“What?! Where’s the fire?!” Xiao Lei jolted up on her bed upon hearing Lu Han’s loud voice and pounding on the door of her room.


“XIAO LEEEEEIIIIII!!” the woman sat still on her bed, half-asleep because of the sudden disrupt of her sleep. Looking at her digital clock, she sighed and whined upon seeing the 7:00 am signal light up. “IF I DON’T MAKE MY DESIGNS NOW, I’M SERIOUSLY NOT GOING TO PAY YOU FOR THE NEXT SIX MONTHS!”


“What the hell?! Hey! That is so unfair!” by the sudden blurt of Lu Han’s rage, her mind was alarmed and awake that she quickly came running to open her door.


“It’s true though. I can earn a six months advance for my rent plus my own money. Yes, I am going to lose that much money if I fail my project. So, come on.”


“Can I at least wash?”


“No…now, can you start by cooking breakfast? I’m famished and I don’t really know how to cook.” Unexpectedly, Lu Han was actually being nice asking for food. She was pissed after being interrupted with her almost good night sleep but seeing Lu Han looked so stressed and hungry made her feel bad for him.


“You’re lucky I’m nice.” She narrowed her eyes at him and the man’s face immediately lit up with a smile as he ran back to his own area to continue working. Xiao Lei sighed as she shook her head. “I didn’t know this was a foster home.”


Xiao Lei made sure Lu Han was back to his room before she quickly cleaned up before going to the kitchen to look and decide for something to cook. She didn’t seem to ponder for a long while for her doorbell rang repeatedly and Sehun showed up in front of her house where in she didn’t even hesitate to welcome their guest.


“Good morning! Is Lu Han still up?”


“I don’t know but thank God you’re here. Your boyfriend’s a big fat meanie!”


“Yeah, he’s a little bit cranky if he haven’t slept or did not get enough sleep. Anyway, I’m here because I would like to cook breakfast for us…if that’s okay with you.”


“SURE!” Xiao Lei blurted out excitedly that it startled the man in front of her. A really big thanks to Sehun who just saved her from making breakfast and might give her time to sleep more. “I mean yeah, sure…you sure are early.”


“I’m a morning person compared to Lu Han and you…I guess. You can sleep more if you want, I can manage.”


“Thank you so much Sehun. You’re an angel!” Xiao Lei squealed and excitedly went back to her bed. It was rare that she have a rest day from school and works at the same time and she’ll have to make use of it wisely. Being Lu Han’s doll won’t help yet Sehun was there to give her a couple of minutes to an hour of extra sleep, and maybe protec

Please log in to read the full chapter