Chapter 26

Odd Housemate
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"How are the models? We don't have much time as the doors will open anytime soon."


Xiao Lei quietly asked over her earpiece as she made sure everything is being set properly outside the venue.


"No worries, ma'am. The models are all ready to walk the runway." One employee who's in charge to help backstage assured her.


"How about you guys...and Lu Han?"


"We're all good. Sir Lu Han is getting ready too...but I do think he's really nervous." The employee whispered the last part just in case Lu Han could hear her.


"Thank you." she said.


Xiao Lei had been bothered by Lu Han not talking to her since the day before yet she quickly brushed all those off when she heard Lu Han's situation. She knows it wasn't easy for Lu Han since almost everything is made for him and by him. The ideas for the launch and even the clothes are all from him, of course, he would feel all the pressure. But it wasn't the right time to be nervous but rather to be confident and be proud of such achievement.


Quickly, she ran to his dressing room and found him getting his hair and make-up done. He was zoning out in front of the mirror, probably all because of exhaustion, stress, and nervousness.


"Can you leave us for a second?" she asked all the people in the room, and Lu Han didn't realize she was there until everyone had already left. As soon as he took a look at her, he was quickly smitten by her. The outfit suited her and she was dolled up beautifully that emphasizes her beautiful features. However, he still wants to stick with his facade of pretending he was not affected at all.
 

"Are you okay?" she worriedly asked.


"Not really but I'll be okay." He stood up to fix his tie but Xiao Lei beat him up to it. She stepped forward and fixed his tie herself. "What are you doing here? You're now supposed to do your duties as the CEO's daughter and not as an organizer."


"You've been ignoring me." she slightly pouted.


"Am I?" he shrugged and Xiao Lei frowned at his answer.


"I could strangle you with your own tie. Your life is literally in my hands."


Lu Han attempted to step back and spare his life but Xiao Lei was also quick to pull him back.


"Alright! I was jealous of Lay! I didn't like the fact that you're so close with him."


"You're jealous of Lay? As in Zhang Yixing, my best friend? We've been so close ever since and you were never jealous of him. What's the difference now?" she wanted to laugh so bad. Lu Han huffed and avoided her gaze.


"Because I know you were so in love with me back then... I just can't help it. I was gone for a long time and who knows you might be in love with him again—”


Lu Han was cut off by her pair of lips pressing against his. He was surprised but more than that, he was happy. Fulfilled even. His doubts finally left his mind and all he wanted to think about is the woman kissing him at the moment. He pulled her closer by enclosing her waist in his arms and then deepening their kiss. She smiled through the kiss before pulling back to catch some breath.


"We are not dating and there's no need to be jealous of." She caressed his cheek and Lu Han nodded in understanding.


"Ms. Huang, can you hear me? Your father is now looking for you." One employee asked for her and she quickly told them that she'll go out soon.


"Daughter duties, I have to go. Also, please relax. We know you did well."


"I am relaxed now, thanks to you. And you look beautiful in that dress."


She shyly nodded and left his room, at least not before he took another kiss from her.


Xiao Lei immediately took her post and started welcoming their guests alongside her family. A lot of high rank officials, celebrities, and businessmen who're all on top of their game. They aren't exactly the only people that caters Lu Han's designs but he made sure it was for everyone knowing these people, they could definitely put a good word in behalf of him.


As she welcomed different types of people, she felt good if a guest compliments them for their looks and outfit but she felt like she was in heaven when they compliment the event. She knows they can't conclude the event as a successful one yet but they would love to claim it already.


"Mr. Huang, it is so nice to see you again!" A middle aged man, along with his son and wife, greeted her father excitedly and Xiao Lei's father did not hesitate to greet back with such enthusiasm.


"Mr. Yang, I'm so glad you could make it. I thought you're still having a business meeting at Macau?"


"Actually, I cut it short so that I could attend this event. And by the way, this is my son, Yi Chen." Mr. Yang introduced his son to the family, especially to Xiao Lei, and she was nice enough to do a handshake with him.
 

"Nice to meet you, Xiao Lei." He had the guts to kiss her knuckles to show off. Xiao Lei's impression of him wasn't so bad. He was neat and good looking, not flirty, but she was just uncomfortable...very different when she's with Lu Han or even any guy friends for that matter.


"Why don't I lead you to your seats?" Tao butted in as he noticed the evident discomfort of his sister. The guests nodded and followed him, still gawking at the way the event was decorated. Even their parents had to go with them to talk more about their business endeavors.
 

"Xiao Lei, darling!" Lu Han's mother greeted her excitedly and the younger was more than happy to see her again and greeted her back with a hug and a kiss on a cheek. She and Lu Han might have had a break, but never with his parents. All of them were worried about him and their only support during that time were each other. "You weren't visiting the past few weeks. I was expecting you."


"I'm sorry. We were just so busy but don't worry we'll be able to catch up again soon." Xiao Lei held the older woman's hands.


"Good to see you, Xiao Lei. Where's Lu Han?" Mr. Lu asked as he scanned their surroundings but failed to see his son.


"He's at the backstage. I can take you to him before we start the event."


"No, it's okay. We'll just see him after...but I'm just glad you two are okay now." The older man had a proud grin on his face while Xiao Lei sheepishly smiled with an obvious blush on her cheeks.


"Before this conversation goes any further, let me take you to your seats."


Lu Han's parents were grateful and also happy to see other business friends at the event. The place was full of buzzing and anticipation on what Lu Han and the company has to offer. Just like what they wanted. They know Lu Han's talent and for sure, has high expectations of him.
 

"Xiao Lei..." she heard Lu Han's voice whining through her earpiece, "I don't think I can do this."


"Lu Han, just relax. Your designs are beautiful, no doubt about that. If you're worried about your runway walk, you just have to remember that you must not trip at all cost."


"Okay..." his shaky breath gave it away. She needed to see him once again and to make sure that he won't faint at his own debut. She ran back behind the stage and saw him pacing back and forth and even trying to take a peek outside. The models were all lining up already but their designer was too anxious to even function normally.


"Lu Han..." she softly called his name to stop him from going around the room. Instantly, he reacted to his voice and lessened the tension that he was feeling. "It's okay to be nervous but try to relax just a bit?"


"I'm trying...can't you just stay with me?" he pleaded and held both of her hands, pulling her closer to him.


"I also have some tasks to do." he whined even more.
 

With his pleas and more whining, the people around them finally noticed the unusual interaction. Unusual for it wasn't the co-worker type of interaction, not even a friendly one, but rather a more intimate relationship. Xiao Lei finally caught on their stinky eyes but shrugged it off. She thought that there's nothing wrong and there's nothing to hide.


"The show’s about to start. I should get going...I'll make sure you can see me once you get on that stage. Good enough?"


"Not really, but okay..." he whimpered until she cupped his face with her hands.


"Good luck." He replied with a determined nod and within seconds, the show has finally started. His nervousness finally died down but with all the things that he need to do behind the stage his adrenaline rush became stronger and better.


Xiao Lei roamed around the guests making sure they were enjoying the show and that they have everything they needed. It was quite an easy job for she had been doing it since she was a little kid. While checking around, she can't help but to notice that the people were so focused on the model's clothes. As expected, he only does his best. Each piece have their unique charms that immediately get the expectators’ attention.


"Beautiful creations. Mr. Lu Han definitely outdone himself. I'm impressed."


A man suddenly spoke beside her. All this time, she thought she was standing alone away from the crowd, but she was totally wrong. Yang Yi Chen just had to see her and decided that it would be a good idea to woo her.


"Of course. I will let him know of your praises." Xiao Lei smiled at him.


"By the way, your father told me you were busy for this event that's why you declined my invitation to dinner? But after this event, maybe you could spare me some time?"


"Thank you for the offer. However, I already have plans and work is never ending at the office. I'm not sure if I would be able to make

Please log in to read the full chapter