Chapter 27: Epilogue/Special Chapter

Odd Housemate
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Am I...handsome?"


"No."
 

"Am I...pretty?"
 

"Yeah..."
 

"Prettier than you?"
 

"I hate you."
 

Lu Han quietly laughed and even covered his mouth. His stomach hurts already but he doesn't want her to wake up yet and know that he had been playing with her the past couple of minutes.
 

Xiao Lei stirred and spread her whole body, occupying the shared bed. Lu Han chuckled again to talk to her, but she didn't respond anymore.
 

"We should start getting ready, love. Wake up now."
 

He kissed her cheek before going out of the room and taking a quick shower. It's been more than a year after their wedding and he hasn't come down from cloud nine yet. Everything has been going great, for the company and for their personal lives and careers. One out of three main goals, achieved.
 

"Do we really have to go? I feel so tired and sleepy." she whined right at the bathroom door, while watching him brush his teeth. It was like their first morning together except that Xiao Lei already likes what she was seeing already. A topless Lu Han, fresh from the shower, and brushing his teeth. He wiped his mouth before facing her.
 

"Of course. Is your 4-hour nap not enough?" she pouted when he laughed at her. "Your father is expecting us. That's enough reason for you to get ready."
 

Lu Han pecked her lips before pushing her inside the shower. She sleepily started cleaning up and faced the mirror to put some make-up on. Even with the refreshing shower, she still felt tired. It's the weekend and she would love to just stay in bed with her husband the whole day, however, Tao wanted to celebrate with her. It is his engagement after all.
 

"Love, what's taking you so long? Come on."
 

"I'm done! Why are you so grumpy?!"
 

"I am not."
 

Xiao Lei stepped out of the bathroom, all prepared and ready to go. She twirled around to show off her dress and made face at him. He shook his head with a smile and finally got ready to leave their home.
 

She hooked arms with her husband as they entered her parent's home. Everyone was so busy running errands for the engagement party. Although it was just for the two families, they can't let it be just a simple dinner. They are celebrating a special event, therefore everything should be well-prepared.
 

"Jiejie!" Tao screamed in excitement when he saw his sister and brother-in-law and gave them a tight hug. They know the couple is still at their honeymoon phase therefor they understand that they won't be seeing each other often. "I missed the both of you!"
 

"Congratulations, Tao. Are we late and where's your fiancé?" Lu Han asked and the couple saw the twinkle in Tao's eyes upon mentioning his fiancé.
 

"They'll be here in a few minutes, they're still stuck in traffic. But let's have our seats already."


"Oh yes, please. I'm already famished." Xiao Lei exclaimed and lead the way towards the dining area, where they saw her mother preparing the food. The older woman gasped when she saw the couple.
 

"Oh my! Xiao Lei, Lu Han! I'm so happy you're here! I thought you're so busy again to not join us." her mother was happy yet making sure they know she's upset with them.
 

"You know I miss you too but we can't miss Tao's engagement for the world." Xiao Lei cooed and hugged her mother.
 

"And we miss your cooking." Lu Han added and the older woman tried to hide her smile.
 

"I don't think so. Xiao Lei's gaining weight lately." her mother pinched her sides. "But don't worry, it looks really good on you."
 

"Really?" she palmed her cheeks, obviously happy with the compliment. "Where's Papa?" she suddenly asked.
 

"I just heard someone looking for me." her father popped out of nowhere and was immediately tackled into a hug by Xiao Lei. The father planted a kiss on her head and she finally pulled away from him. Lu Han bowed at him and the older immediately acknowledged his presence. "It's nice to see you two."
 

"Mama, they're here." Tao notified them as he entered the dining area with his fiancé and her parents trailing behind. Everyone acknowledged the new family who just came in and welcomed then warmly.
 

Lu Han noticed how the parents were too nervous. They aren't well off, as far as he had heard from Tao, but his fiancé is one of the most outstanding students in the country, and was able to get Tao's attention when they worked together and fell in love due to warm and jolly nature. Her achievements alone are no joke and cannot be belittled by anyone and it was easy for her to get the family's approval.
 

Xiao Lei's family smiled at them genuinely and that made them relax for the rest of the night. Lu Han remembered how it was them who were actually awkward when they were planning for their wedding. Their parents had so much plans for their children that neither of them couldn't even decide on their own. They weren't able to arrange them for a marriage, however, the wedding has almost been pre-planned. Everything was, and yet fate had played with then to make it more natural. He smiled at the thought and saw how Xiao Lei was enjoying every piece of dishes that her mother has made.


"Just slow down. Are you in a hurry?" he whispered at her but she shooed him away and focused on her food.
 

"Do you already have a set date for the wedding?" Xiao Lei's father asked and Tao's fiance flinched at his voice.
 

"We haven't really thought of that since we're still busy at the expansion of our clothing line." she softly said and inwardly sighed in relief when Tao's father nodded approvingly.
 

"You should hurry though, you might have children first than these two here." he pointed at Lu Han and Xiao Lei, which made the latter fuming.
 

"I wasn't aware that this was a race. Don't worry, we'll make one later." Xiao rebutted that made everyone on the table laugh.
 

"Your father's right, sweetie. No one's getting younger." her mom added.
 

"I think that's fine. It's better for them to be prepared when they have it." Their guests were somehow on their side and Xiao Lei grinned at them. "Besides, what people are saying now about all of us wouldn't help at all, you might just stress yourself."
 

Xiao Lei and Lu Han's smile faded. They knew what exactly the couple were talking about. The two of them had issues that Lu Han was just using Xiao Lei to gain success and everyone knows about his uality. Tao's future family were labeled as gold diggers just because they have nothing else to brag about but their daughter.
 

"Don't worry about it. We don't need anyone's validation. Only we know what is going on within this family and those people are just assuming things. Ignoring is the best thing we could do." Their daughter told them and Tao also stood up for her.
 

"I promise I will do my best to protect you and your daughter." Tao even gave them a deep bow and the parents all smiled at his humbleness.
 

"We know, son. Let's not spoil our night with these things. Let's talk about something else." Xiao Lei's father brushed it off.
 

They continued their dinner avoiding any topics that could ruin their mood. They all wanted a light and happy ambiance for a very special occasion. As hard and as nerve wracking as it was, all of them had gone home with smiles on their faces.
 

"Is there something wrong?" Xiao Lei asked her husband when she noticed he hadn't been talking a lot ever since the dinner. He may had been smiling but there must be something bothering him, and Xiao Lei would like to know why.
 

"Is it bad that I'm pressured?" she raised a brow and he let out a desperate sigh as he sat down on their bed. "I'm suddenly pressured about everything. But mostly about the uhm... the baby...I mean, I want one but I don't know if I'm ready but I kind of want it right now."
 

"I already told him we can make one tonight. Let's go!" she giggled but Lu Han was already serious.
 

"I am not kidding."
 

"Love, let me tell you something." she leaned closer to his ear and whispered, "I'm delayed..."
 

"ARE YOU FOR REAL?!" Lu Han gasped excitedly and shifting his eyes back and forth to her stomach and face. "PLEASE TELL ME THIS ISN'T A JOKE."


"I mean, nothing's really confirmed since I haven't even done pregnancy test yet but I already have a doctor's appointment. But are you really happy? Are you hoping its confirmed?"
 

"HELL YEAH." he nodded eagerly. At that point, Xiao Lei smiled and confirmed that Lu Han was indeed excited to have a family.
 

Two out of three main goals achieved.

 

 

 

 

Never did anyone expect that the jokes were on the judgmental people around them. None of them never said a thing about the family, not even an employee. Everyone who worked for them knows their strict but just system, and could never find a loophole in business or personal lives.
 

"Lu Han, all these years, we've known you as a world renowned designer, a successful businessman, but not a lot of people know that you are a husband and now, a father. These are only a

Please log in to read the full chapter