Chapter 12

Odd Housemate
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Xiao Lei groaned as she finally got out of the restaurant where she worked. It should have been a fun and relaxing day to spend but it tourned out to be the worst decision ever. Of course, she was on the front page of the newspaper and everyone knows it. She should've learned the first day it was released but then she goes out and suffered a lot more than what she had gone through from her brothers and mother. They were far more brutal than ever, especially when they missed their friend so much and found out that he just kissed a guy (I meant -- gay).


"When is this going to stop?" She whimpered and covered her face in embarassment. She was alone on the streets but she was like a paranoid, feeling all the imaginary stares on her. She can't face Lu Han, her brothers, mother, and even friends, without being teased and being all flushed about the idea. "It'll be gone in a few days Xiao Lei...hopefully."


She sighed...but then fear washed all over her body. She suddenly felt a bad presence behind her and it wasn't so good especially when there were almost no other people on the streets, a lot of stores are already closed, and she had already gone too far from the restaurant to go back. Step by step, she started increasing her speed. However, the presence sped up as well, and it might just catch up with her in no time...

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hi! Is Xiao Lei still here?" Lu Han beamed as he entered the restaurant. Everyone else looked surprise to even see him there.


"Lu Han, Xiao Lei just went home. Didn't you see here or didn't she know you're going to pick her up?"


"Well, I actually wanted to surprise her. I texted and called her as well but she didn't respond."


"She's not that far. She just went out a couple of minutes ago."


"I see. Anyway, thank you and I'll go ahead." Lu Han smiled at them and immediately said goodbye to Xiao Lei's friends


"Aww, he's so dreamy. I know he's gay and whatnot but I still can't see the reason why Xiao Lei can't accept him."


Lu Han overheard one of the staff before he went out of the door. Instead of agreeing or being offended, he smiled. I know Xiao Lei has her own reason...but I won't stop anyway. Lu Han immediately erased any thoughts out of his head and just focused on looking for Xiao Lei. From all of the nights Xiao Lei had gone home alone, it was the worst feeling he ever had. He never worried so much but that night, he wasn't at ease. He knew needed to find her real fast. 


Picking up his phone, he tried calling Xiao Lei's phone but no answer. He could easily think that Xiao Lei was really trying to avoid him but deep inside, it is telling him to move faster before it is too late. Good thing, he was familiar with the place and decided to find a faster route to meet Xiao Lei halfway. Turn after turn, Lu Han made his way to the dark alleys and he finally saw a familiar figur

Please log in to read the full chapter