Chapter 11

Odd Housemate
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on..." Xiao Lei chanted as she called Kris' phone but to her dismay it onlyt kept ringing non-stop. Same goes with Tao and Lay.


They were all too busy that they didn't even know she was calling them non stop for almost an hour. She was almost at the verge of tears while walking round and round in her small and messy room. There was a tinge of regret, of happiness, and sadness. Things that she couldn't explain yet she want to get all of those thoughts outs by talking with someone...who are not even available. She had a choice to talk to Lu Han, but it would be too awkward to talk to someone who's going to be the same topic of the conversation.


Finally, she gave up. She threw her precious phone over her desk and lied on her bed. What did just happen? She thought to herself. She was still trying to analyze what just happened since everything just happened in a flash. Too many things happened that day but the highlight would be when they kissed, they argued about their feelings about each other and there they are, having their own timeout away from each other.


"Where's Xiao Lei?"


"In her room."


"Xiao Lei..."


She heard a soft knock on her door and a worried voice calling out for her. She quickly ran to her door knowing that it wasn't Lu Han at all. It was Lay, her savior of the night. "What's wrong? This so unsual of oyu calling in the middle of night and actually leaving multiple messages. What--"


"Just get in." She pulled Lay's shirt and pulled him inside his room. It may be quick but she still had a perfect look on Lu Han who was behind Lay. He looked a little gloomy, and hurt, yet he didn't bother running after them.


"Whoa. Fesity...but I am not in the mood for it right now." Lay spoke and chuckled.


"What the hell?! That is not what I want!"


"I was just kidding! What's the problem madam? Something happened? You look so stressed."


"I am stressed..." Xiao Lei started to calm down. Her shoulders deflated as she sat down on her bed, looking helplessly at Lay.
 

"Go on, I'm listening."
 

"You see..." Xiao Lei sighed since she really didn't know where to start, until she heard Lay hum, and everything else she had to say, she said it without a pause. "LuHan and I kissed on the ferris wheel and we also confessed our feelings for each other but I declined it and now I don't know what to do."


"Uhm, what we're you doing on a ferris wheel? Did you two go out on a date?"


"Yes--no! Ugh, it's a long story, okay?"


"How do you feel aside from regret? Because it's all over your face right now and you can't lie to me. I know you too well." Lay sat beside her to console her, and he was as if taking a closer look to her feelings.


"I felt happy. I am feeling everything that I felt when we were together but this time, it's for Lu Han.I don't want that. I mean, I should accept him right? We like each other and I think there's no way you could actually not fall in love with Lu Han. He's a great guy, he's hardworking, he's considerate, he's a gentleman even though he's quite a bad at times, which I can also say pretty understandable. I just didn't know he'd feel the same way as me, I mean it's just the way he was but I never imagined I was already someone special. But after that, I felt bad because you know why...I just don't want him to add to list the people who will suffer because of me. I can't."


Finally, hot tears came out of her eyes and she wasn't able to keep a straight face and sobbed. She felt relieved somehow after having Lay listened to her. Lay was speechless. It wasn't just because he wanted to listen to her 100% but it was also the first time talking with your ex about her love problems with another person. Uncomfortable (maybe a little feeling of jealousy), but still it was a relief knowing that it was Xiao Lei who actually had plans of being celibate. At least she fell in love again. Lay sighed and wrapped his arms around her body, softly patting her back. Her head automatically leaned on his chest for support and ended up wetting the precious shirt of the doctor.


"If I were you, I would actually grab the chance. You see, you don't want to burden anyone else but this doesn't make this any better. You're trying to push away the person who loves you and it doesn't make him happy, and more especially, it doesn't make you happy. Would you actually love living in regret? Because I don't...nobody does. But if you think it would really be better, then it's up to you."


"And to think that I've been trying to stop my feelings, here he goes confessing and saying that he likes me too. I don't know what to do..."


"You exactly know what to do...but chose to ignore that." Lay stated.


"What?" Xiao Lei looked up with puffy eyes and pouty lips. "I don't understand."


"Just what I said Lei. You don't have to always read between the lines." Lay patted her head with a dimple-showing and angelic smile. "Do you feel better now?"


"Yeah...I have one more thing to tell you though." Lay tilted his head and for the first time since he came into her house, she smiled. She wiped her tears and proudly grinned. "I got a job. I'm already an official teacher."


"I'm so proud of you." Lay hugged her tightly and shook their bodies harshly as well. Too tight for her liking that she was already having a hard time breathing. "Always."


"Hey...can't breathe..." she coughed and slapped Lay's back just to let her go.


"What would you like to eat?" Lay got up and pulled out his phone from his back pocket. "Don't you say you're full or you donn't have an appetite 'cause that's a total BS. We have to celebrate this."


"Whatever. Oh, can you just set up a lunch or dinner with everyone?" Xiao Lei beamed and the man ruffled her hair lovingly. Lay went outside the room and she simply stayed silent and still on her bed. She began to ponder. Lay was right, she wasn't as happy when she was supposed to. Thinking of it, she was not fully happy with her decisions at all. She may have succeeded but everything has it's sacrifice. Her freedom comes with a distance away from her own family, her good education comes with sleepless nights and tiring shifts from work, and her love...she has to sacrifice it for his own good.


*beep beep*


A beeping and buzzing sound echoed through her room, distracting her from her serious thoughts. Opening up the text message, she smiled and her eyes got teary once again. At least that time, it was because of her happiness. 


Congratulations my one and only Xiao

Please log in to read the full chapter