Chapter 2

Odd Housemate
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Why are you so slow? I’ve been waiting for forever.” Lu Han ranted as he entered Xiao Lei’s apartment like it was already his.


“I was in the shower. Sorry.  I thought you won’t come anymore…”


“You should be, and why wouldn’t I come? I’m already paid.” He scoffed and pulled his baggage with him as he went straight to his room.


“Where should I put this?” a guy blurted out in Korean, and he can’t even see because of the two huge boxes he was carrying. Xiao Lei clucked her tongue and helped him with his luggage. As soon as she has gotten the box from him, she found a guy who has a resemblance from Lu Han. “Thanks.”


“No problem.” She answered back in Korean and forced a smile. They immediately brought the boxes into Lu Han’s room while he was already busy unpacking his things.


“Lu Han, what did I tell you yesterday?” Xiao Lei put her hands on her hips.


“He’s my boyfriend and he’s not going to stay here. He was just helping me. Why do you hate guys so much?”


“Ah, whatever…” She put her hands up knowing she won’t beat Lu Han with the arguments. She just stood there quietly until she felt someone poked her shoulders.


“Are you a Korean?” Lu Han’s boyfriend asked and she shook her head. “Then why do know how to speak in Korean?”


“My former renter was a Korean, so she taught me while I was teaching her Chinese.” She told him in fluent Korean and he nodded as an agreement.


“You’re good, huh?” Lu Han praised her language skill. “But be careful, Sehun might understand what you were saying in Chinese.”


“Are you two talking about me?” Sehun suddenly asked when he heard them speak in Chinese occasionally.


“Yeah, she said she hates you.” Lu Han told him earning a piercing glare from her.


“I did not say that.” She defended herself and threw a piece of clothing in Lu Han’s face but Sehun chuckled, and Lu Han as well.


“I can understand and speak fluent Chinese. We were just playing with you since you suddenly spoke in Korean.”


“B-but…”


“Lu Han can speak in Korean too.” Sehun stuck his tongue out and goofily smiled.


“I hate you two.” She muttered in English as she narrowed her eyes at them.


“Hey, we may not be fluent in that language, but we know that phrase.” Lu Han said as if he was hurt. Xiao Lei rolled her eyes and walked out of their room, leaving the two to unpack Lu Han’s things.


Xiao Lei started preparing some snacks for the three of them, since it would be so selfish of her if she just prepares for herself. She might not like having boys in her house but she was not that mean either. She went back to his room as soon as she was finished and opened the door only to be greeted by the cuddling couple.


“Guys, have some snacks first—WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!” she yelled at them and they immediately sat upright, pretending that they weren’t really caught. “Let’s talk.” She narrowed her eyes at them and turned around as the two guys followed her like two little puppies scolded by their owner.


“What’s happening?” Sehun asked innocently as Xiao Lei was already sitting on the table. She just pushed the snacks to them and let them get on their own.


“Lu Han, would you mind telling your boyfriend here what I told you yesterday?” she told him calmly, but Lu Han felt that she was scarier at that time.


“No guys allowed in here.” Lu Han mumbled.


“But why did you accept him?” Sehun threw the question to Xiao Lei. “He’s still a man you know.”


“He already gave his payment and he told me he’s gay, which I think is fine, since he might think like a woman.” Xiao Lei answered brilliantly. “Okay, since we’re already in here, let’s talk about the house rules.”


“House rules?” Lu Han scoffed.


“Hey, this is my house, if you don’t want to follow any of my rules, I can kick you out anytim

Please log in to read the full chapter