Chapter 25

Odd Housemate
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

“Papa, hurry up!”
 

“Hold on! The soup might burn me!”


“Come on! Mama's gonna wake up soon!”


“This is not funny Huang Xiao Lei. If I burn my skin, I'm gonna send you my medical bills.”


“It's just a burn. Don't be a sissy.”


The father struggled to go up the stairs bringing a tray full of freshly cooked breakfast.


“The door isn't going to open itself, Xiao Lei.” her father deadpanned when Xiao Lei was just looking at him go to their room.


“Wait, one more thing...” Xiao Lei had prepared a rose and put its stem between his teeth. The father cannot do anything and he's easy to manipulate for his hands were full.


“I look stupid.” he muffled, but still not letting go of the stem.


“No, you look fine.”


Xiao Lei was just about to turn the knob when the door opened itself, revealing her mother. The older woman was obviously just woken up and ready to prepare for their day like she always do.


“What is this? What's happening?” her eyes shifted from Xiao Lei and then to her husband.


“Good morning.” The man grinned at his wife and she immediately blushed like a teenage girl. She was touched at the special treatment although she wanted to laugh at her husband's state. "Breakfast in bed?”


“Are these all for me? Thank you.” She got the rose from his teeth and let him enter the room.


Xiao Lei giggled at their successful attempt of breakfast in bed. She followed her parents with her gaze and slowly closed the door to give them some time alone. She had never seen her parents be affectionate with each other before and she was grateful to have been able to convince her father to do something 'special'. The father initially refused the idea not because he didn't want to do things but rather he doesn't know how to cook and didn't want to burn the house down. Her mom had always been taking care of the family affairs while her father was in charge of the business.


One way or another, she was grateful of her parents who were there for her and Tao all the time. Being as grateful as she was, she still regrets being a rebel, just a little bit.


“Looks like someone is in a good mood...so good that you didn't even notice me.” Lu Han greeted her as they entered the elevator.


“Hey, I'm sorry about that. Yeah, I'm really happy and of course, a little excited about the event.” She bit her lip to prevent herself smiling like a maniac.


“Everything worked well last night? Your smile is very different. Your whole aura, actually." Lu Han complimented her and her lips changed into a full blown grin.


“It was really life changing so, thank you. A lot.”


“Me? Did I do anything?”


“Hey, you're the one who told me to talk to Papa.”


“It's no big deal. I'm glad it all worked out.”


“Me too. Oh well, for now...let's get back to work.” Lu Han chuckled and went over to his station.

 

Some of the other employees noticed the big change and were looking at them in awe. Their whole surrounding was very light and productive, which was a lot better than the effect of Lu Han’s chocolate milk shake. Some were even confused at the sudden change of attitude between them but none of them tried to question and go with the flow.


“Hey, want to go grab some lunch together?” Lu Han boldly asked her even in front of their teammates.


“I have plans already, I’m sorry. How about dinner after work?” She respectfully declined but had to make it up to him. It was true that she had plans already, he may go with her but there's nothing more than an intimate dinner with just the two of them. Lu Han nodded quite excitedly that even their colleagues snickered at his action.


“Knock, knock!” someone entered the room which put Xiao Lei in a better mood. Shrieking, she ran towards the visitor and hugged him tightly. Lu Han was surprised to see the visitor either but aside from that, he was envious of Xiao Lei’s sudden treatment.


“Lay! Wow! I missed you!” she even squezzed his cheeks as he slightly held on to her waist to maintain balance. Everyone in the room immediately thought that they have a relationship due to their skinship even though it wasn't the first time seeing Lay.


“Hey, we just saw each other a month ago. Are you ready to go out?” he ruffled her hair. Nodding, she quickly grabbed her bag and said goodbye to her workmates. “Hey, Lu Han. Good to see you again! Would you like to join us?”


“Nah, I’m good. There’s lot of things to do. Enjoy your lunch.” Lu Han declined half-heartedly. He saw how she giggled sweetly while hooking arms with Lay, and he felt like throwing things away. He felt betrayed even, thinking that Xiao Lei lead him on when she's already back with Lay.


“Sir, you know him?” one colleague bravely asked him and he could only nod in response, not wanting to spew out unnecessary words. “I think they look good together and Ms. Huang looks very happy with him. Are they dating?”


“Not sure either and it would be better if you should just ask Xiao Lei.” he inwardly growled however the employee still noticed his uncomfortable state and silently went back to her own station.

 

 

 

 

 

 


“Finally, you guys are here! I am famished!” Kris warmly greeted his friends with a hug. “I already ordered the food so we won't waste time.”

 

It has been months when the last time they all got together. They were lucky to have lunch all at the same time and they will all get back to their own worlds in just an hour or tw

Please log in to read the full chapter