Chapter 10

Odd Housemate
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

“LULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULU!!!!!” Xiao Lei squealed as she ran out towards the parking lot of a school. Lu Han was patiently waiting for her while she was having her dream job interview and it seemed like Xiao Lei was too happy for his liking. “Guess what? Guess what? GUESS WHAAAATTTTT???!!”


“What?!” he ‘enthusiastically’ asked back. Of course he already knew she was going to be accepted and it was no surprise at all but for xiao Lei, he acted like he didn't know anything. He believed in Xiao Lei's ability and he just can already say she was good (if not, the best) even without seeing her teach. She puts in a lot of effort and she deserves everything that she has and will have.


“I got accepted! Oh my God! They told me they wouldn’t have any deliberation anymore and I’m automatically in! OMG!” she squealed excitedly. She couldn’t even contain her happiness anymore that she jumped right into Lu Han’s arms. “I can’t believe this!”


“Congratulations! I knew you could do it.” Lu Han grinned as well after seeing that Xiao Lei was all smiles.  For the whole day he has waited outside the school Xiao Lei applied in, and will teach in just a couple of months, it was all worth it. He didn't even know why he insisted to go with her and stay with her all through out, yet he was also nervous and excited just like her.


“This is so…ugh!” Xiao Lei finally let go of Lu Han. She was laughing and crying at the same time. Success. After all of those hard years, she had finally proven herself to her father, and since she was already successful, what her father thinks of her wouldn’t really matter anymore. She was proud of herself and her achievements.


“Hey, don’t cry. I know those are tears of joy, but you look horrible.” Lu Han helped her wipe her tears but he still can’t help but smile at her situation.


“You’re a true friend.” She snarled.


“So, where do you want to go?”


“For what?”


“We’re going to celebrate your new job. Don’t call your brothers yet, we’ll just schedule another day for them. Today, you are mine.” Xiao Lei was caught off guard. You’re mine. Those two words kept on ringing inside her head that made her freeze in front of Lu Han. “I mean…whatever. Let’s just hang out without your annoying brothers first. They’re busy anyway.”


“Yeah, annoying.” Xiao Lei somewhat agreed. All of them always bicker when they’re altogether, that it gets too noisy and it annoys other people as well. But she can’t deny it was all fun and happiness with them. “Well then. Surprise me.”


“Alright!” Lu Han pumped his fist as they rode his car to start celebrating her achievement.

 

 

 

 

"Hey! You said these are for me! Why are you getting on mine! Order your own!" Xiao Lei exclaimed as Lu Han tried to get a spoonful of her frozen yogurt. Lu Han had kept on getting on her cup just because he wasn't satisfied with his own order and his main reason was being the one paying for all of their food.


"But these are so good. So much better than mine."


"It's because I have good taste."


"Yeah, right." Lu Han sneakily poked the frozen delight and successfully got a big chunk, munching and even making satisfied sounds because of his so-called achievement. Xiao Lei just let everything go and rolled her eyes, as well as trying to get even with him. "So...would you tell your father about this?"


"What for? He's just going to say I could do better and add a longer speech rather than just say 'congratulations!' which is only one word."


"I understand but who knows, maybe he'd actually be happy for you...even without showing or telling you."


"Why? Is your father the same? I thought he didn't like the fact that you're gay?"


"He does hate it but I think he's not that disappointed anymore. We're so much better now but the thing I would tell you will either make you blush or spit your food on my face. I will bet my life on the second option. I already know you too well."


"Why? Is it that surprising?"


"Yep." Lu Han nodded and sniggered at the thought.


"Just spill it!" Xiao Lei was already getting anxious for Lu Han was not able to comprehend and kept on sniggering to himself. "Hey!"


"My dad is now talking to me and the topic is you. He's also asking how are you..."


"Aww, he's sweet~ Tell him I'm fine." She grinned.


"And then...he's also asking...when we'll get married."


Lu Han was right, bits of chewed food came flying to his direction yet he was so cool about it. He gave tissues and water to Xiao Lei to calm her down but she was too furious to even speak.


"It was better if you kept it a secret. I still don't feel comfortable. You know how I feel when it comes to guys...and marriage." Xiao Lei spoke softly, calming herself with a glass of water.


"I know, I told you, we're the same. It's just that they have no idea how incompatible we are." Lu Han shook his head with a smile. "No worries, I told him that we're not even dating."


Xiao Lei sighed. She still doesn't get the idea as to why the other people are force them to go date and get married. People have a mind of their own and maybe there are reasons why they don't like things. Pushing them and pressuring them would just make things worse. It's a choice. Xiao Lei scoffed and just ate her food quietly.


"Don't worry. Dad's just making fun of us, and not really trying to get us married or what." Lu Han assured her. Somehow she was actually relieved and would like to play it cool like him.


"Maybe she found me pretty enough to be his daughter-in-law? Nope, scratch that, just really pretty." Xiao Lei batted her eyelash playfully and just then, Lu Han crumpled up a piece of tissue and threw it right on her face which immediately took away all of her smiles.


"HA! You wish." Lu Han scoffed.


"I don't wish, I know it." Xiao Lei said confidently. She knew she wasn't so beautiful but feeling like she was the only beuatiful person in the world sometimes makes her feel so light. It was just for fun, but it makes her happy at the moment.


"Okay fine, I'll let it slide this time. Just for today...Let's go pretty~" They were just supposed to be messing around but when Lu Han had blurted out the words, Xiao Lei gulped and shut . She was too flattered to even have a witty comeback, and just thanked the windy weather to help her cover up her heated cheeks. "Where do you want to go next? Nothing too exhausting or your brothers will kill me if something happens to you.


"Luhan...I already told you a lot of times, I am okay. I am going to  be okay. You don't have to worry about me."


"Oh correction, I was worrying about MY life. As I've said, they will kill me."


"What a true friend." She scoffed and Lu Han quietly chuckled beside h

Please log in to read the full chapter