Chapter 13

Odd Housemate
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Xiao Lei tapped her pencil continuously as she thinks carefully of what to do to her on lesson plan for the next weeks of classes. She just thought that it shouldn’t be so hard yet facing the real world of teaching made her realize that it is a lot tougher than she thought. Sighing, she got up and fixed her things.


“Everyone thought that it is so hard for the kids being given all these homework and academic stuff to do but it is double work for the teachers. They have to plan carefully whether it’s going to be beneficiary for the kids, and they also have to check it after all of the students are done and yet all we get are angry parents.”


Xiao Lei mumbled and huffed as she talked to herself. She wanted to stay a little longer in the library but she finally has decided to stop and just rest for the rest of the day. She worked too hard for the past couple of months – years even – and she knows she deserves a rest. It’s a Friday anyway.


“Oh yeah, Lu Han might already be waiting for me.” She doubled her speed and stacked the books back into their designated place. She half-walked and half-ran just to get to Lu Han but upon nearing his car, there was no one inside the vehicle.


“GE! GE! RUN! GE! GOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLL!!” she heard the kids from the football field screamed in joy as one of them managed to make a score. Out of curiosity, she went nearer to the football field and saw a group of guys jumping around in glee while another group are dismayed for not being able to block the attack.


“Come on! We still have time!” One of the disappointed players yelled and all of them scattered again to play.


As the players moved back to their positions, one too familiar man was uncovered and he was all smiles and glee. Of course, she doesn’t know anyone else who loves football other than Lu Han. As soon as their eyes met, Lu Han smiled even more and ran up to her. He’s all sweaty yet he glowed even more due to his happiness.


“Hey, is it okay to play a little bit more? Do you want to go home already?” Lu Han panted.


“No problem, I can wait. Play as long as you want…but give me the car keys?”


Lu Han grinned and put up one finger. After fishing the keys out of his pocket and giving it to Xiao Lei, he immediately went back into the field and played to his heart’s content, as instructed. Apparently, Xiao Lei got interested in the game and watched silently at the bleachers after putting all of her things in Lu Han’s car. She even bought two bottles of water for Lu Han just in case he get thirsty. It was fun watching the kids, some of them being her students, being joined by Lu Han, her special friend. He was years older than the students but there’s not much difference from afar.


“Oh my baby deer…” Xiao Lei chuckled to herself. She would groan when Lu Han’s team will make a mistake and she will smile and clap her hands if they succeed in getting the ball from the opponent. All throughout of the game, Xiao Lei watched even if she knew she still had lots of things to do. Finally, the game was done however, Lu Han’s team did not manage to win…at least it was a draw. Lu Han slowly approached Xiao Lei after he bids goodbye to the young students. One by one, the students went home until they were left in an empty soccer field.


“Finally, I can breathe again, I can go back to work tomorrow without that much stress. WHOO!” Lu Han huffed and wiped his sweat on his forehead. Xiao Lei heard his complaint and suddenly felt bad. Lu Han never had it easy as well. Even if he always stays at home, he works day and night to finish his projects, he also had to keep up with the fad, and he has to keep up with the demands of his work. They do have different careers but they’re just going through the same hardship. Xiao Lei passed him the bottle water and gulped it down in no time. She even took out her handkerchief and wiped his sweat for him.


“Thanks baby.” Lu Han grinned and even closed his eyes while she was patting his forehead, showing that he likes the affection.


She scoffed and threw the hanky on his face, “Go wipe it yourself.”


“Hey come on. I’m loving it already. Lei~” Lu Han whined and pouted. No wonder, not anyone can think that Lu Han is already in his mid-20. Xiao Lei sighed and got the hanky from his hands then started wiping his sweat for him. “Have you thought about my offer already?”


“What offer?” Xiao Lei’s brows almost met at his outburst. However, Lu Han’s next outburst really shocked her.


“Oh come on Huang Xiao Lei. Let’s not play dumb here. I’m not saying I’m tired of waiting but this is getting frustrating and I can’t just shut up. You already told me you like me…why can’t you accept me then? I want to be with you!”


It took her a lot of time to process all his words and to respond to him…but failed. She thought that maybe it’s the time to tell him everything. No holds barred. He deserves to know.


“How can I make you stop then? Would you like me to tell you the whole truth?” she told him calmly. Xiao Lei can’t even look straight into his eyes yet he knew how much Xiao Lei was holding back her tears.


“Yes…please.”


“I’m sick L

Please log in to read the full chapter