Chapter 6

Odd Housemate
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Xiao Lei sang a random song she heard on the streets as the two of them walked home. Lu Han was chuckling behind her for she had gone crazy after all those pressure—and lots of meat—after her presentation.


“Are you sure it’s not the alcohol?”


“No! Come, smell my breath.” Xiao Lei opened as she tiptoed while facing him, but Lu Han’s hand suddenly covered her whole face to stop her.


“Yeah, right.”


“Just kidding.” Xiao Lei was simply loving Lu Han’s presence and she was already comfortable with him.


“So, tomorrow? I’ll be free by 4 pm. I still have to go to Xiao Lei.”


“I’ll be there by 3 then…”


“Oh, stop…If they find out about this, I’m going to lose my best friend and I don’t know if they’ll forgive us. I feel bad Sehun.”


“Don’t worry, I’ll talk to them. I’m going to beg for forgiveness if I have to.”


Despite not being their mother language, the two heard and understood the conversation. Xiao Lei and Lu Han immediately looked around not only because of the language but also because of the oh-so familiar voices from people that they had been longing to see the past few days. Xiao Lei pulled Lu Han back at a corner to hide, yet they saw the two Koreans interact sweetly. They’re more than friends that was for sure. Sehun even kissed the corner of Tiffany’s lips that sent the older woman blushing and smiling shyly.


“See you tomorrow.”

“Yes. Bye noona.”


Being unstoppable, Lu Han went out of their ‘hiding place’ and lunged his fist at Sehun. He was still a man after all so Sehun fell down at the floor because of the impact and his lips bleed as well. Lu Han then glared at tiffany and pointed a finger at her.


“You’re lucky I don’t hurt women, but, I so want to rip your hair right now.” Xiao Lei stopped Lu Han as his words came out of his mouth, she definitely did not want a butchering to happen in the middle of a busy streets.


“Let’s just go Lu.” Xiao Lei did not even glance at her best friend and instead focus on her new friend. Lu Han gritted his teeth and simply walk away as fast as he can without looking back at Sehun and Tiffany. However, Sehun stepped forward yet Xiao Lei’s hands had landed on his chest, stopping him from taking another step. “Don’t even think of it Sehun, you’ll just make it worse…You two are very disappointing.”


Xiao Lei rolled her eyes and followed after Lu Han, consoling the hurt man with her presence. Xiao Lei didn’t know where Lu Han was going yet she was following every footstep he makes until he entered a bar. She was reluctant for she was uncomfortable with the place but she still entered just to be there for a friend.


“The strongest you have please, one bottle if you may.” Lu Han asked the bartender and the man quickly responded with the customer’s request. As soon as the liquor was right on front of him, Lu Han opened the bottle and started chugging down the bitter drink.


“Hey, stop! Do you want to kill yourself?!” Xiao Lei grabbed the bottle from him and Lu Han started sobbing. She clucked her tongue and sat beside Lu Han, consoling him to at least let him know that he wasn’t alone. Lu Han can’t even speak a word yet Xiao Lei understood how he was feeling at the moment…the one he was expecting to be there for him was with another woman.


“Just let me get drunk tonight. I need this.” After a couple of minutes Lu Han, almost pleading, said calmly. Wiping his tears away, he reached for the glass and poured the drink, very unlikely of his attitude a while ago. Xiao Lei watched him quietly as he drowned himself in alcohol. Sure of everything that will happen next, Xiao Lei ordered a non-alcohol drink for herself as it is going to be a long lonely night for Lu Han, and of course for her. She has to stay sober to take care of the pitiful man.


“Everything’s going to be okay Lu Han. Ugh! I still can’t believe they can do this!” Xiao Lei grunted and pouted, obviously affected as well with all the drama that was happening. “Do they even know how much it hurts?”


“Obviously, they don’t. They don’t care. If they do, they should’ve been careful, better yet broke up with me before he goes around dating that girl! I get that he’s still a man that wants to get married and repopulate the world but ! Does he have to do it while still in a relationship? What’s so great about that woman any

Please log in to read the full chapter