Chapter 22

Odd Housemate
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Why don’t we just play a game? To have some fun…you know?” Tiffany suggested.


Only the couple had been talking and their guests were in no mood to even look at each other. Tiffany caters Xiao Lei and Se Hun for Lu Han, yet the ambiance has never been worse. The couple literally felt the calm before the storm, but they don’t want to prolong their agony much longer. They knew they need to make an action, and let the exes talk it out, for better or for worse, before their wedding.


“We’re having fun, aren’t we?” Xiao Lei chimed in. “We had a good dinner, spa, few good drinks…just until someone had to show up.” She sipped on her drink.


“Are you even supposed to drink? I don’t think so.” Lu Han interrupted.


“And what is it to you? You’re not my boss…at least not at this time.”


“I am just reminding you…”


“Whatever…” Xiao Lei retorted full of sarcasm. She took another sip on her drink and smirked triumphantly. Lu Han was beyond pissed and gulped everything in his glass then ordered another one.


“Let’s not involve any work related problems or issues here…please…I’m begging you.” Se Hun told them and Xiao Lei was the one who got affected the most. She had been ranting the whole night when in fact, she should focus on her friends who were supposed to get married. Upon realizing, her face changed into a more apologetic one and decided to keep it low for the rest of the night.


“We really can’t help that.” Lu Han chuckled, trying to ease the awkward tension. “So what did I miss these past years? Come on, update me.”


“Hey, it’s not our fault that someone couldn’t visit or couldn’t make a call.” Tiffany huffed. She was targeting Lu Han and yet, Xiao Lei the one experiencing the pain. Hurtful memories were somehow being refreshed yet she couldn’t stop them. Deep inside she also wanted to know what was happened to him and not just the designer businessman who got famous abroad.


“Well, I just can't that time. I don't want to make a call 'cause I might just go home... which is not even an option. It's all part of the deal.”


“You can't go back because of a deal? What kind of deal? You didn't scam someone, didn't you?” Sehun asked curiously which made Xiao Lei realize some things. It was all too familiar. It has happened way before and never imagined that it could also happen to Lu Han.


“With whom?” Xiao Lei butted in. Lu Han was obviously caught off guard with her question. He cleared his throat, sipped on his drink, and tried to laugh it off.


“It doesn't matter...and no, I didn't scam anyone. I am not that kind of person!” Lu Han answered, oblivious that Xiao Lei has already read what's on his mind. She knew he was lying. Even Tiffany and Sehun noticed that there was something off and it wasn't just a simple deal.


“Uhm, I'm already tired and sleepy. I should go first. Just enjoy the night, I'll see you tomorrow morning. Good night.” Xiao Lei suddenly excused herself, confusing the couple even more. She was in a good mood a couple of hours before and suddenly her mood changed. It wasn't just a ranting escapade but rather a serious issue.


“Care to tell us what happened?” Tiffany asked Lu Han once again, but the latter shook his head.


“I really can't tell you...I'm sorry.” Lu Han said apologetically, and regretfully. He somehow wanted to get it off his chest, tell someone how hard it was to sacrifice for the sake of saving a person's life. He wanted to hold Xiao Lei but all that he can do was to watch her leave, just like what he did to her three years ago.


Sehun tapped his friend's shoulder, “You still love her, right?” Lu Han's face somehow brightened and he nodded with a smile. At least, the couple knows how loyal he is to their friend. Little by little, the beans are gonna get spilled, and they hope it's not gonna worsen things.


It was not exactly Lu Han’s fault yet Xiao Lei was disappointed, not to him but to herself. Lu Han had his own reasons for staying far from them but she was too prideful to make a move. She was stuck on her own thought that she should feel worse than anyone since her loved one left her. There are a lot more things to think through but none of it is trying to sink in.


Sighing, she got ready to go to bed and wanted to keep her mi

Please log in to read the full chapter