Chapter 15

Odd Housemate
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

“Did you really have to bring these? You know the kids have their own library…” Lu Han complained as he lifted the heavy box of books for Xiao Lei. He was struggling with his heavy load and yet Xiao Lei was all smiles as they made their way through the hallway.


“Good morning~” she greeted the kids on their way, total ignoring Lu Han’s complain. As soon as the box had been set on the floor, he sighed in contentment and stretched his arms. “Thank you.”


“Yeah, you should be. It’s so heavy!” Lu Han complained once again but all he got from her was a cheeky grin. “I’ll just pick you up later, alright.”


Xiao Lei nodded and Lu Han patted her head before storming out of her office. She still have a couple of minutes left before her first class and yet she was taking her time to prepare…and being a little bit considerate to the late students. Her phone suddenly rang as she was about to get her class paraphernalia and she knew she had to be polite upon answering her phone.


“Hello, Mr. Lu, good morning.” She greeted shyly and as cheerfully as she can yet her legs were shaking because of nervousness. She was not awkward around him but not too comfortable either but knowing that he called her, there must be something going on. “Is there something that I can help you with today?”


“Good morning to you too Teacher Xiao Lei. I do have a favor to ask…let’s have lunch together? I have a meeting around your area so I would like to see my daughter-in law.” He proudly told her and chuckled knowing Xiao Lei’s is turning red at that moment.


“Sure, sir. Just let me know the place.”


“Good. I know you still have classes….so, see you later Xiao Lei.” The father hung up as Xiao Lei responded with a soft hum. She was blank. She didn’t know what she said and just went with the flow. Even during her classes, she was little out of herself. She was trying so hard to focus on her classes but every time she thinks of the invitation, she can’t help but feel nervous.


Couple of hours later, which only felt like a couple of minutes for her, she was already sitting inside restaurant across Lu Han’s father.


“The steak is good, don’t you like it?” Lu Han’s father spoke as he eats his own serving. Xiao Lei hummed in contentment, enjoying her food as well. “Lu Han told me you really love it here and no wonder…the food is really great.”


“So, he’s really telling stories about me? Please don’t tell me he also told you embarrassing stories.”


“Unfortunately, nothing much. Just his admiration for you.” Xiao Lei blushed as Mr. Lu spoke his words. They really are father and son, they are good with words and flattering people around them. “You know what? I am really happy to see you two together.”


Xiao Lei halted momentarily from eating her food and listened intently to the man in front of her. He just said that he was happy but the atmosphere became tense, yet touching.


“I know you know what happened between us and Lu Han but I am very happy and satisfied. Not because he met a woman…but because he met you. You’re a great woman and you are the reason why everything is good between me and my son. And I see how he has really improved in everything, that’s what makes me proud the most.”


“Actu

Please log in to read the full chapter