Chapter 17

Odd Housemate
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

“Are you okay?”


One of her colleagues asked when she suddenly stopped packing up her things and tried to steady herself due to her dizziness.


“Yeah, I’m fine.” She forced a smile and sniffed however, her colleague was shocked and suddenly got a tissue on her table. She helped her cover the bleeding nose of Lei and forced her to go their clinic.


“You’re not fine Xiao Lei!” she shrieked and hurriedly brought Xiao Lei to the clinic. The people who saw her incident got worried and immediately got help from other people. They never had any idea about Xiao Lei’s condition except for the higher-ups. She had to be honest with them but little by little, her weakness is showing up to the rest of the world.


“Lei, I think you should rest and just go home for today. I will take care of your classes and if you still can’t make it tomorrow, it’s fine with us.” Her colleague insisted as Xiao Lei rested quietly on the bed.


Usually, she would protest and tell them she’s okay, but starting that day, she cannot pretend to be as strong anymore. She’s being weak and vulnerable to everyone around her. She haven’t told her co-teachers yet but it was worse when she had to keep it from Lu Han. She is scared and feeling bad seeing Lu Han worry about her, she is scared that he’s not to be focusing enough on his own life, and she is scared to let him go. There’s too much going on within her mind but most of it is fear.


With a heavy heart, she dialed Lu Han’s number and secretly hoped that he wouldn’t answer. She really doesn’t know exactly what to say or do but she wanted to hear his voice and talk to him.


“Hey, baby. Are you okay now? I heard from your colleague that you’re not feeling well? You should’ve waited for me, I’m about to go home anyway. What if something happens to you on the way?” Lu Han was the first one who spoke and his partner couldn’t help but smile. She was being scolded but she was touched at the same time.


“Your mom picked me up...but…sorry…”


“I’m just worried, that’s all. I’m on my way home and we will have to talk, okay?”


“Okay, I’ll wait for you…I love you…”


“Love you too.”

 

Xiao Lei waited patiently until Lu Han finally burst in their home. She did her best to put on the biggest smile she could make and greeted her boyfriend with a warm hug and a smooch on his cheek.

 

"How are you feeling? Did you rest?"

 

"I'm totally fine now. I ate when I got home, took a nap, ate again for dinner before I called you. I also took my medicines. Oh, and I still have some left overs for you. Have you had your dinner?"

 

"I did." Lu Han answered shortly. He let out a sigh and kissed her foreh

Please log in to read the full chapter