Chapter 18

Odd Housemate
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Lu Han was questioning whether coming into the office was a really good idea. But over and over again, he kept telling and convincing himself, he really had no choice. He was pretty sure it's going to cause a fight between him and Xiao Lei, but it should be all for the better.

 

 


"Why did you hide it from me? I thought no more secrets? I thought you trusted me? Why?" Lu Han sobbed as he calmly confronted Xiao Lei. Xiao Lei was too quiet for her own good and chose to stay still on the hospital bed. She was guilty yet didn't really show much of her emotions but regret.


"I'm sorry. I just didn't want you to worry anymore about me. You have a lot going through your mind--"


"And you think that would help? We could've prevented this!" Lu Han suddenly but unintentionally raised his voice, startling Xiao Lei. He never yelled at her but all his frustrations are now coming out.


"I tried to, okay? I didn't tell you but it didn't mean I am not even trying! You have no idea how it hurts me more than the first time I was diagnosed! Just when I was all ready to fnally live my life to the fullest, my world started crushing me down in such a fast pace that even I didn't notice..."
 

Lu Han was dumbfounded. He sighed and approached the crying woman, gently wrapping his arms around her frail body.


"Maybe it's also my fault that I don't even have enough time with you..."


"Let's not blame each other anymore. It wouldn't help at all." Xiao Lei tried all her best to sound encouraging and optimistic. "Lu, do you know what I want?"


"What is it baby? Just tell me anything." 


"I'd like to get married, have kids..."


"Lots of them? I would love that." Xiao Lei chuckled at his remark.


"Maybe 2 or 3 should be enough. Then, I'm going to live long enough to see my grandkids. I want to grow old...I really want to live."


"You will, and I'll be right beside you and we'll fulfill your dreams together. Once you're all healthy and well, we'll get married, have kids, and grow old together. I promise you that." Xiao Lei sweetly yet weakly smiled as she felt his lips on her forehead. She really never mentioned him being part of her dreams yet Lu Han showed his full support. "And I also promise you I will do everything to make you live. Everything."

 

 

 

"Mr. Lu, you may now see Mr. Huang." A lady caught him off guard as he was trying to reminisce his promise. He suddenly got nervous and tried to fix his outfit quickly before facing Xiao Lei's father.

 

He seemed lost upon entering the office and felt even more scared when the lady finally left him alone with Mr. Huang. The cozy and spacious office didn't really help at all. He already felt so small and having a distance with Xiao Lei's father made the older man unreachable, literally and figuratively.

 

"So...what makes you come to my office, Mr. Lu? As far as I know, my daughter wouldn't like it if she knew you had come here." Mr. Huang greeted Lu Han with his oh-so stern voice and commanding attitude.

 

"I came here to ask for a favor..." Lu Han spoke softly, and somehow felt so ashamed and belittled while talking. He couldn't even keep his head up while he spoke with the older man.

 

"What for? Just te

Please log in to read the full chapter