one > puddle

Bratty Kitten

School had just finished, and the male was stuck in the sea of his classmates walking through the hallways. Sometimes he wished the hallways were wider, or that they had more than two flights of stairs. He even wished there were less students there, since some people were really unbearable. Seungyoun took a small hefty breath, his eyes fluttering closed as he wiggled his way to the front doors. When he was there, he peeked out to see the steady rain fall outside. Frowning a bit, it almost made him not want to go home. Though one look at the loud groups of teenagers gossiping and laughing about things they did on the weekend only made him more eager to leave.

As soon as he was off campus, he didn't bother to rush. It probably didn't help that he didn't have an umbrella, or that he took the long way home, even the fact that he was walking was unlucky. Seungyoun groaned, his eyes searching for some sort of shelter from the annoying raindrops pelting the top of his head and soaking his school uniform. Tossing his head back, the damp locks of dark brown haired darkening more by the wetness moved themselves from his face. Now he was fiddling with his hair, glancing to the side and stopping under a small overhang in front of the shop. Looking at his reflection in the glass, his shoulders slumped just a bit, and he decided to just shake his head a few times before continuing on his way home.

His older brother wouldn't be home until later, since Yixuan-hyung was working later tonight. Seungyoun always liked being left alone, mostly because he could eat whatever he wanted. Xuan was always nagging him about his nutrition and about how eating things that were processed would only make his insides feel quote on quote yucky. On the contrary, the junk food made Seungyoun very pleased with himself, which was probably the result of his brother hiding cookies and sweets from him. Stopping at the nearby crosswalk, he looked around, noticing that almost everyone out was in a rush but still had an umbrella. He felt dumb in this moment. Maybe he should have watched the weather forecast, or listened to his brother when he pestered him about there being heavy rain today. Shrugging it off, he was about to move with the crowd to cross, but hears a tiny cry. He froze, turning around to see what it was. No one else was looking, so maybe no one heard it? Either that or Seungyoun was going crazy, The light had already changed, and he groaned, staying behind.

He heard it again, and he was sure it was a cry. It was a mewl, and he looked around for what the source could be. When he took a step back to ensure he wouldn't be too far out he could get splashed, he saw a fluffy tail wiggling about at the curb. Blinking his eyes, he treaded over, squatting down to look at it closer. This tail belonged to a kitty, a small kitten that was about as big as his hands, if he had three of them. Seungyoun squinted at it, mostly because he couldn't tell what color the sad little thing was. He was sitting paw deep in a puddle, his fur soaked and dirty by the ground. Reaching a hand down slowly, he let the cat sniff his fingertips before carefully picking it up. The cat meowed quietly, weakly as it wiggled in his hands.

"Hey, I fished you out of a puddle. You're okay now." He mumbled, mostly to himself since if anyone heard him he would be a crazy boy that talks to animals. The kitten shivered in his hands, laying on it's stomach and making an attempt to purr. It was soft, and trembling, it made the high schooler pout. "You're cold?" He gently tucked him into the pocket of his jacket, making sure he was snug and secure in there. When he looked up, he saw a small lady looking at him peculiarly.

"What? I'm just talking to a cat, not killing something." Seungyoun whined, turning his attention away from her even before she could try to apologize. Though he didn't take it personally. He was outside in the pouring rain and his biggest concern was making a cat feel at home in a pocket that he surprisingly  fit into. The light changed, and this time he could walk across, his hands glued to the side of his jacket to make sure the little wet animal wouldn't fall out and hurt itself.

"Kitty okay, what the heck do cats eat?"

-

a/n : ello! o v o hope you like kittyboys cause hehehe.

< 3 this idea was in my head all day and i wrote planning sheets ugh im such a loser.

but yeah! c: keep a look out for more!