You Let Me Down

Dream Street

Chapter 3: You Let Me Down

 

*Yeseo POV*

 

I walked down the street to Jaebum's dorm. I WAS GOING TO BE ABLE TO SEE JACKSON :D. I walked cheerfully as I approached the dorm. Life has been great! I've been going to the dorm twice a week for the last three months! I actually made friends with the guys even though I was a complete in the beginning. I knocked on the door, Jaebum opened the door. "Hey!" I greeted cheerfully, he smiled "Come in! Jackson and the others aren't here. Its just me and Bambam." Jaebum told me, I nodded then entered the house. I sat on the couch then smiled for no reason. "I'm going to take a shower." Jaebum told me then went into the bathroom. I sat there silently... I got bored so I started to him a tune that popped into my head. 

 

"Oh! Hi." I heard a familiar voice. I turned to see Bambam. "Hi Kunpoomik" I said, he laughed "My name is Kunpimook, not Kunpoomik." He corrected, I blushed at my mistake "Oops... Sorry Kunpeemuk" I said, he sat next to me as he laughed again. "Its Kunpimook. Try to say it now." He said, I nodded. "Kunpimuk." I tried to pronounce his name "Haha... That's closer than before, but still not it." He told me, I blushed again in embarrassment. "Okay, repeat after me." He said, I nodded "Kun" he said "Kun" I repeated "pi" "pi" I said "mook" "mook..." I said cheerfully "Kunpimook!" He said at once "Kunpimook!!!" I said correctly. I felt so accomplished! "YES! IM RIGHT!" I cheered. We both started to laugh. 

 

It suddenly got quiet. He kept staring at me, I tried to ignore it... But I couldn't. "What's wrong?" I asked him, he smiled gently "Nothing." He said then looked away. I shook off his strange behavior and just sat there quietly. Suddenly I heard the door open and there was voices filling the dorm. 'Ah! They're back.' I thought then stood up. "Hey~" I said to all of them. They greeted me back.

 

Jackson came up to me "Hey, Yeseo! Can I ask you something?" He asked, I laughed "You just did." He smiled "Can I ask you to come with me to the ferris wheel at the amusement park?" He asked, I blushed 'Like... A date?' I thought. I smiled "Yeah! I'd love to go!" I said, he grabbed my hand and started to walked towards the exit "Whoa! Right now?" I asked, he nodded "Is that a problem right now?" He asked, I shook my head. He smiled then we left.

 

We got to the ferris wheel and waited in line. "So... Why did you want to go on the ferris wheel with me?" I asked, hoping for the answer to be 'Its a secret' or 'I'll tell you when we get on'. "Oh. Its because the others didn't want to get on with me." He said, I felt a bit disappointed, but who cares? At least I can be with him!

 

We finally got on the ferris wheel. We slowly accended up, we went around once... Then again... Then the third time... The ferris wheel got stuck! We were on the top. God! I felt so panicked... But then I remembered that I was with Jackson! 'Ah! What if its like those dramas? Is he going to say he likes me? Omo! Will he kiss me?!' I thought as I remembered movies and dramas! "I guess we're stuck." He said, I smiled. "Yep!" I cheered, he looked at me strangely then laughed. "You seem happy that we're stuck." He said, I shook my head and waited. I was going to wait to see if he would confess like the people in TV... I thought I had to be patient... So I waited.... 40 minutes passed! "Oh, it looks like there are people here to fix it!" Jackson said as he pointed down. He was right, people were here! Time was running out now! I sighed. 

 

I guess I have to take matters into my own hands. "Jackson..." I called out, he looked at me with his beautiful eyes. I blushed. "Um... Jackson I want to tell you something..." I said, he nodded 'This is it!' I thought. "J-Jackson... I re-really..." I said. I can't believe I'm stuttering! "What's wrong?" He asked as he came closer. "I-I" I couldn't get it out! "Tell me... do you need to... pee?" He asked, I shooky head frantically "N-NO! I-I..." I hesitated as he stared at me with curiosity in his eyes. I took a deep breath "I LIKE YOU!  I like you a lot." I told him, his eyes widened. Then the Ferris wheel started to descend. I stared at him, waiting for a response. "Yeseo... I like you only as a friend. I can't like you more than that." He told me, I smiled painfully. "Y-Yes. Sorry." I said as I looked down. I really wanted to cry... I wonder if its because of the same reason... Once it was our turn to get off, I ran off as fast as I could. "YESEO!" Jackson called out, but I ignored him.

 

I ran down the streets of Seoul as the tears I had been holding in all this time finally fell. I finally stopped when I was out of breath. I looked around, this place wasn't familiar to me... It seemed empty even though it had stores... And empty places are suspicious... 'What if its like on TV when the gang attacks the person! AHHH' I thought then I started to walk fast, I dont know where to go though.

 

I started to run. It just feels like a scary place!... CRASH!!! "AHHH!!!" I screamed as I fell. I landed on my knees. "AGH! DAMN IT!" I yelled then looked at the direction of the thing I tripped over... "WHY THE HELL IS THERE A BLOCK OF WOOD ON THE FLOOR!?" I yelled out in anger. I looked at my hands to see they were bleeding... How? Because there was glass on the floor... My luck. I stood up to feel a sharp pain in my left ankle. I looked down to see that I also had cuts on my knees. "AH!" I yelped in pain. Suddenly the shop beside me light . The door opened and I saw a middle aged woman standing there. "Omo! Are you okay?!" She asked. "Ye-" when I shifted my weight, the pain in my left leg hit me hard. I yelped "Nope." I said as I put the weight back onto my right leg. "Aish... Stupid Mr. Kim left out the wood from his wood shop... I always tell him not to but he never listens! -_-" she said then sighed "Come inside. I'll help you with your cuts." She told me, I shook my head. "You can't walk if you're like that, not hurry inside! Its going to rain!" She said... I felt confused because there wasn't a rain forecast and the sky was clear... "But..." I was about to protest until the sky started to cry. I yelped then ran inside.