Accept or Reject

Dream Street

Chapter 17: Accept or Reject?

*Yeseo POV*

I felt shocked... he kissed me... 

Something then fell to the floor with a small thud, I turned to see Bambam... His eyes were wide and he seemed more shocked than I was. His expression changed into one of... Pain? "Um... Sorry for interrupting!" He said quickly then ran away. "Bambam, wait!" I called out and just as I was going to run over to him, Jackson caught my wrist. "Please... Don't go." His voice cracked. I was filled with pure conflict. 

I like Jackson but I feel something for Bambam too. I don't know what it is though. Is it because he's a good friend? But... Why does it feel like if I don't go after Bambam... Everything will be destroyed?

"Jackson..." I gripped his hand tightly "Let's go look for him together." I said then started to pull him along my side. Then I remembered Bambam dropped something. I turned and looked for it. It was a box. I was temped to open it but it's not mine so I probably shouldn't.

We both started to frantically look for Bambam, we even called the others. I paused when I realized that this has happened before... Last time I ran away. But why did he run away? Why did he seem like he was hurting after me and Jackson kissed?

Wait... Could it be...?

Is Jackbam real?!?!?!

*Jackson POV* 

She's been thinking for a while, earlier she mumbled 'why did he run?'. Man... She is really clueless. Even I can see it. Bambam likes her too, I'm scared. What if she has feelings for him too?

No. Stop thinking about that, Jackson. She's here with you right now. With you. Not with Bambam. Sure, we're looking for Bambam but she could have left me. She has to still like me, right?

What I'm doing is wrong. I already saw it on their faces, they obviously like each other... But I like her too. Yeah... I can be selfish when it comes to love. I deserve it too. She hadn't given her answer yet so all I could do was pray that she'd accept my feelings.

She suddenly stopped and turned to me. "Its getting dark. Let's split up so we can look at more places." She said, I didn't want them to be alone. What if something happened between them? What if Bambam confesses too? Just as I was about to say it wasn't a good idea, she ran off.

"Y-YESEO!" I called, she didn't seem to hear me, I ruffled my hair in disappointment. I guess I have to find him before she does! 

I ran in a random direction to look for Bambam.

*Yeseo POV* 

I ran as fast as I could around Jeju. The more ground I cover, the more likely I was going to find Bambam. And if I was fast enough, maybe I'll find him faster. 

Even though I wasn't in best shape, I wasn't going to slow down anytime soon.

As time passed I got more worried. It's already dark. What if... WHAT IF HE GOT KIDNAPPED BY A SASAENG! WHAT IF HE GOT MUGGED? WHAT IF HE HURT HIMSELF? 

I kept worrying and it got worse as my hope of finding him was fading... I was now on the verge of tears. DAMN IT! WHERE IS HE!?

My phone vibrated, I looked to see it was a text from Youngjae. Apparently Bambam was back at the Hotel. I sprinted to the hotel, I wanted to get there so fast that I couldn't even think straight... I mean, I could've gotten a taxi. But no. I seemed to only know how to run.

I quickly made my way to the hotel and got in the elevator, that was when I realized I was panting hard and my heart felt as if it was about to burst since it was pumping so fast. Nevertheless, as soon as the elevator doors opened, I dashed straight to his room door that was cracked open slightly.

There he was, sitting on the bed quietly. His eyes widened when he saw my face. My legs felt so heavy that I just fell, he quickly ran over to support me. "YOU!!! *pant pant* DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED WE WERE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, feeling my vocal cords rattle in my throat. He looked down and all my worries seemed to fade away. He wasn't hurt. I started to cry in relief. He got flustered.

"I-I'm sorry, Yeseo! I promise never to run off like that again! Please don't cry!" He said as he comforted me... I felt warm inside. He was quiet then suddenly chuckled. I looked up to see him with a small smile plastered on his face. 

"What?" I sniffed, his smile widened. "Something very similar happened like this before." He looked at me with a comforting gaze... My heart quickened. What is this?...

I then remembered... When I ran off. He was running around, looking for me frantically. Then he yelled at me and I promised never to run off again... Then He Fell to the floor.

I smiled and wiped the tears away. "I guess so." I giggled. He helped me stand up then I sat on the bed, he sat next to me. "So why did you run off?" I looked into his eyes with curiosity. He avoided eye contact and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Um... I... I just... I JUST DIDNT WANT TO RUIN THE MOMENT! yeah! Then as I left I realized that I probably did. I felt embarrassed so I stayed hidden in the crowded markets for a while until I decided I should get back." He said slowly. I smiled then playful punched him. Then he looked at me. "How about you? Did you and Jackson get together?" He asked with a very small smile. 

Oops... I didn't reply to his confession...

"I... Haven't said yes yet." I said then sighed. "HUH? Why? Isn't that man the love of your life?" He said, I then remembered... I really think Bambam likes Jackson in a romantic way... He really seemed heart broken. But he told me it was CUZ he was embarrassed that he ran off. What if it was an excuse? I can't hurt my best friend like that!

I should tell him I know he likes Jackson. 

"Bambam. I know what you told me was a lie." He was speechless. "Wha- I-I..." "Bambam. I know that if I accept Jackson I will hurt you, right?" He was quiet for a second then seemed to get lost in thought. After a good five minutes passed, he looked at me and opened his mouth. "I would. I just knew it would hurt our friendship if I said something though... I'm sorry I didn't say anything sooner, but I still want you to accept if you like him. I just want both of your guys' happiness." He blushed and looked down sadly. 

"It's really... Considerate of you to say that. I know you've been around him for a while so it might be hard to see the guy you've liked for so long go out with your best friend." I said, his eyes widened for some reason and he opened his mouth. "Y-Yeseo you think I like-" the guys suddenly walked in. They were all being loud as usual.

I spotted Jackson. I guess I have to accept because I like him.. Right? I like him, right? Wait! Why am I questioning it? Of course I like him. He is different from other guys so I have to like him.

Okay, I'll accept. I'll even do it in front of everyone here! Yeah! 

"Jackson. I like you too." I said, for some reason it felt weird saying that... Like if my heart was being clenched. Why do I feel a bit disappointed? No. It can't be that. I'm just embarrassed about saying it out loud. The others looked shocked and Jackson smiled brightly then walked up to me then kissed my cheek like a child.

But... For some reason my heart continued to feel heavy. Why? 

*Bambam POV* 

She thinks... I'm gay. I couldn't even finish my sentence since everyone came in. Great.

She suddenly walked up to Jackson. "Jackson. I like you too." She said. I looked away as my heart ripped in half. Damn. It hurts more than expected. I sighed. I can't believe I barely realized this, but.... 

I don't just like her... I think I might love her.

After the rest of the days crawled by slowly, we eventually went back to Seoul.