Don't Avoid Me

Dream Street

Chapter 20: Don't Avoid Me

*Yeseo POV* 

I knocked on the familiar door if the dorm, today I was going to see a movie with Jackson then we were going to have dinner. The door opened and I froze when Bambam was right in front of me, I looked down and cleared my throat. "Yeseo..." He muttered, I lightly pushed him aside and entered the dorm.

I heard him take a breath from behind me signaling that he was probably going to say something "JACKSON, IM HERE. LETS GO!" I called out before Bambam could say a word. Jackson's head poked out from his room and he smiled at me. "Oh, you're here already?" He said before coming out to hug me. "Where are you guys going?" Bambam asked from behind. Jackson let me go then walked towards him. "On a date. We're going to watch a movie then go out to dinner." Jackson said in a somewhat hostile tone. I grabbed his arm "Um... Let's just go." I said, Jackson looked at me then back at Bambam before we walked out of the dorm.

The date was going smoothly, we had just finished the movie and now we were in a private room in a restaurant so no one would find out we were dating. "Jackson... Did your relationship with Bambam get worse? You used to just avoid him but now you seem to be confronting him." I said in concern, he didn't respond. "Jackson?" 

The door then opened. It was a waitress. She looked at Jackson and gaped open. "OMOMOMOMOMOOOOO!!! YOU ARE JACKSON FROM GOT7!!!" She said excitedly, as soon as I heard that I instinctively went under the table so she wouldn't see who he was with. 

"OPPA. WHO IS UNDER THE TABLE???" The waitress asked and walked towards the table. "N-No one. Why?" He said nervously. "But didn't you come with someone? There's food right here." she said in a suspicious tone. I gulped and took out my phone. "Yeah... I'm here with... Uh... Mark!" He said, I immediately texted Mark after he said that, telling him to get down here immediately. "AH! Really? OMO, MARKSON!!!" She squealed.

"But... I could have sworn I saw a woman's figure sitting here... Are you sure you're with Mark???" She was suspicious again. "Really? A woman? OH MA GAWD! I think this place is haunted! There wasn't a woman here, it must have been a ghost!" Jackson lied... And his acting was pretty bad tbh. I was waiting for the waitress to yell at him for being an idiot and look under the table. But...

"OMO! OPPA, HOLD ME. IM SO SCARED!!!" She yelled. The door suddenly slammed opened, I peeked from under the table to see who it was... It was 

Mark.

"I-I'm back from the bathroom!" He said in a monotone voice... He at acting too...

"AH! ITS MARK OPPA! HELP ME, THERES A GHOST HERE!!!" The waitress yelled. I peeked out a bit more and mouthed for him to go hug her so she wouldn't see me leave. He nodded slightly and walked to the waitress. "DONT WORRY! MARK OPPA WILL PROTECT YOU!" He said a bit loudly before hugging her. I took the opportunity to sneak out of the room then I left the restaurant.

I sighed when I remembered that I was going to have to walk home since I didn't bring money... Jackson texted me saying that the restaurant was crowded with fans now and that he couldn't get out.

I walked toward the direction of my house with my head hung down in disappointment... Everything went wrong with our date and now I have to walk all the way home. I sighed for the 100th time when I saw a taxi stop right next to me. The back seat window was rolled down to reveal... Bambam. He smiled up at me, the words Jackson told me about avoiding Bambam lingered in my head, so I just ignored him and started to walk again. "Hey, you need a ride? I'll pay for it!" He called out, I turned around and looked him in the eye. "No thanks." I said before turning back... I stopped as soon as rain started to pour down like a shower. I heard the taxi door open and close then I was in a large shadow, the rain didn't seem to hit me. 

I looked up to see Bambam took off his sweater and was covering my head with it. "Let me pay for a ride home or I'll walk with you like this the whole way." My mouth gaped and just as I was about to deny him he started to talk again. "You think Jackson would rather you get sick or ignore me? It'll be faster in a taxi. Come on." I sighed. It was cold and my feet were killing me, I knew I shouldn't have... But I agreed to go with Bambam.

We got in and Bambam told the driver the direction. We were silent. I was staring out of the window and I could feel his eyes on me. I felt a bit relieved when I saw my house in sight, and I was even more ecstatic when we stopped. I did miss Bambam and all but... Being near him made me feel guilty since Jackson didn't want me near him. I got out and mumbled "Thank you" before starting to walk to my front door. I stopped again when I heard the taxi door open and close again. Just as I was about to turn to see why he came out again... I was pulled into a familiar warm embrace.

My face flushed and I tried to pull away but his arms tightened around me. "Yeseo... You're killing me." Bambam mumbled into my ear, I froze completely. "I don't care anymore. I don't care if it's wrong. I love you, I love you so much that it hurts. I hate how he doesn't let you talk to me... And... What I hate the most is that Jackson took you away before I could tell you how I felt." He whispered in my ear, my stomach was filled with butterflies and my heart was pounding. I gulped then lightly pushed him away... My heart sunk when I noticed the tears in his eyes. "Bambam... Please don't cry... I'm sorry for avoiding you... I just... I..." The words I wanted to say just didn't come out. Bambam just hugged me again. "I love you. Why don't you love me back?... You told me that the reason you liked Jackson is because he said you were pretty. But I thought you were beautiful from the moment I saw you first in the dorm. I thought you were the most gorgeous human being I had ever seen... Then when we started to talk more I felt happy, I thought everything about you was amazing. But... Even though I know you better than he knows you... It's not enough."

I sighed as I felt my heart drop. "Bambam... I can't-" he placed a finger over my mouth as if to say "be quiet" then opened his mouth again. "I won't give up on you." He said seriously before going back to the taxi, he turned around once more when he got to the door and looked at me in the eye. 

"So... Don't avoid me."