Chapter 9 - Jealously

Scandal Secret

 

[Junghan's POV]

It soon got late and we had moved all of Mina's boxes and cases into her parent's house. Jaewon had also collected the rest of her boxes from Hana's as it would be awkward if me and Mina went. I sat at her desk in her bedroom, spinning around on her chair whilst she emptied the boxes of her belongings into draws and onto shelves. "Junghan?" She said as I spun around.

"Mhm?" I replied as I stopped spinning to face her.

"When are you leaving? It's getting late and it's not like we are in Seoul. You have to drive back." She asked me.

I shrugged, "Do you want to get rid of me?" I said whilst smirking.

 

"We've finished moving everything." We heard Jaewon say at the door behind me. I looked down and rolled my eyes before spinning around to face Jaewon. "I'll stay he..." I began to say but I was interrupted. By Jaewon stood at the doorway with blankets in his hands. "Mina! Make a space for me!" He said happily as he placed the blankets on the floor beside Mina's boxes which were scattered all over the floor. I watched every step he took back as he disappeared back out the door. I blinked repeatedly and opened my mouth wide whilst staring at the blankets.

 

"He's sleeping here!? Here!?" I said with my mouth wide open. Mina looked around awkwardly. "Maybe I should stay. I mean. It's getting late. And I'm tired. I can't drive whilst I'm tired." I said to Mina with puppy eyes. She sniggered and grinned. How can he sleep here? Wow. He has guts. Sleeping in a girl's bedroom who has a boyfriend. "So where will you sleep Junghan?" Mina asked me. I looked around, "I think I can fit in here as well" I said whilst smirking. She sniggered again and shook her head. "Why! Why! Why can't I? Jaewon is sleeping in here!?" I grumbled and moaned. She began laughing and I stared at her whilst frowning.

 

[Mina's POV]

I stood on the drive way of my parent's house waving bye to Junghan. It was the middle of the night and he had finally decided to leave. He grinned in his car as I waved to him. Suddenly I felt an arm around my neck. Jaewon stood next to me, his arm was around my neck and he was waving to Junghan with a cheeky grin on his face. Junghan's face had dropped and he was straight-faced. "Yah! Stop messing around with him." I told Jaewon as I shook his arm off. He laughed and continued waving cheesily until Junghan's car disappeared off the end of the drive way. 

 

After saying bye to Junghan we ran back inside away from the chill of the cold night air. We walked up to my bedroom and I lifted up Jaewon's blankets throwing them at him. "Go." I told him. He laughed and nodded before disappearing into the spare room down the hall. Jaewon used to sleep on my floor when we were children but he never did now when he visited us. I got ready to sleep and laid on my bed. I sat and lifted my phone up so the angle was pointing at me and the floor, I pointed at the floor in front of my bed and grinned. I sent the photo to Junghan and put the caption as 'Kim Jaewon is not present.' 

 

I laid in bed staring at my phone which was resting on the bedside table. Was Junghan angry? Surely he knows Jaewon was joking? I checked our chatroom and the message was still 'unread'. Ah. Maybe he hasn't reached his apartment yet. I waited and waited but no reply. I ended up falling asleep waiting for Junghan's message back. I woke up in the morning and quickly checked my phone. 'Two messages from Choi Junghan'. I grinned and bolted upright. It was a picture of Junghan lieing on his sofa, he was pointing down at the floor where I was sat yesterday morning. It was followed by a message which said 'Song Mina is not present :(' I laughed at the message and quickly replied to him.

 

[Junghan's POV]

I had schedules today, but they were all in the afternoon so my morning was free. I left my apartment, pulling on a hat and some sunglasses. I was going to see Hana. It probably won't end well. But at least I can try and explain the situation myself. I hadn't told Mina, she would probably tell me not to go and try and stop me. I finally reached Hana's chilled desserts and ice cream shop, and made my way inside. Luckily it was fairly empty so there was less chance of me getting caught. 

 

"Hello, what can I get for you today?" The cashier asked me, he was young and looked like a student.

"Can I speak to the owner please, Hana?" I asked him.

He took a deep breath in, "Sorry, she's a bit busy."

"Tell her it is... Jaewon. She'll know." I told him and he disappeared.into the back. I know I shouldn't have used Jaewon's name, but she wouldn't have agreed to see me otherwise. The cashier soon reappeared and told me to go into the room at the back.

 

I followed the corridor and knocked on the door before entering the back room. "Oppa, I thought you collected all of Mina's boxes yesterday?" She questionned as she sighed. She had her back to the door and swung around on her chair. I closed the door behind me and took off my hat and sunglasses. "Uh. Annyeong." I said awkwardly. She opened and froze. 

"J... J... Choi Junghan? What are you..?" She stuttered. 

"Please just talk with me." I pleaded her.

 

[Hana's POV]

I walked away from the coffee pot and passed Junghan a mug of coffee. "Ha. Coffee in an ice cream shop, funny huh?" He joked to ease the tension. I just nodded silently and sat back down. I showed him the seat in front of me and he smiled before sitting down. We looked at each other awkwardly for a while before Junghan began. "Hana. Can't you just think about Mina's situation for a bit?" Junghan asked me. I frowned to him. "What situation? We tell each other everything. She didn't tell me. And the way I found out. Well." I said back to him as I frowned. I heard him sigh deeply.

 

"What would you have done..." He began to ask, before I interrupted. 

"Don't give me that 'what would you have done if you were her crap. I don't want to hear it.'" I grumbled. I looked down and bit my lip. I just shouted back at Choi Junghan. The person who was meant to be my favourite actor. He sighed again. "She would have told you. Just in her own time. Like you said. You are like sisters. She would have told you." Junghan told me. I looked down and sighed into my mug of coffee. As I looked up Junghan was sat pulling a puppy face at me. "Please. Hana. Just meet her once!" He begged me. I sighed again. 

"Fine fine. I'll meet her." I told him.

 

"Oh. And one other thing." He mentioned as he stood by the door before going. I raised an eyebrow and nodded.

"Who is Jaewon?" He asked me. I looked down and smiled to myself. Ah ha. He's met Jaewon. I remembered the conversation I had with Jaewon last night. He told me to keep his identity a secret and he was playing a joke with Junghan. I looked up at Junghan. "Oh he's just someone Mina has known since they were very little. They are really close." I told him. He looked down and pulled a face. He nodded and put on his sunglasses and hat. "Is it difficult?" I asked him. He nodded again and fled out the door with his head down. It must be difficult, not being able to be seen. So it must be difficult for Mina as well...

 

[Junghan's POV]

After meeting with Hana, I was on my way back to Mina's parents house to see Mina and also tell her that Hana would meet with her. "Let's hope Jaewon isn't there anymore, right little Junghan!" I said to my doll on the keychain hanging from my car mirror as I tapped it so it swung. I finally reached Mina's parents house. Her parents were sat on the front porch together. There was no sign of Mina. Or Jaewon. I pulled up and jumped out of my car. "Oh! Junghan! Let me go get Mina!" Her mother said happily as she jumped up and disappeared inside. I greeted her father and he walked over to me smiling.

 

"This is a nice car, son." Mina's father told me. I bowed to thank him and he looked around my car whilst grinning.

"Mina tells us you're an actor." Her father said to me.

"Ah. Yes, that's right." I agreed with him.

"Mina's wanted to be a stunt actress since she was little." 

"Oh I never knew that." 

"She did want to be an actress but she joined a taekwondo group and then a gynnastics club then changed to wanting to be a stunt actress."

"Oh I see. We met on one of my dramas."

"Son, please help our Mina with her dream if you can." Her father asked me, shaking my hand. I shook his hand and nodded to him. He smiled and I locked my car before returning inside.

 

We all sat down to eat lunch which Mina and her mother had prepared. I looked around, there were no spare rice bowls and chopsticks out. This meant Jaewon had gone. Gone! "Oh! Has Jaewon gone?" I asked as I looked around.

"Boo!" Jaewon shouted from behind me. I rolled my eyes and pulled an annoyed face before turning around to look at him. "Aw. Junghan. Missing me already?!" He asked sarcastically.

I laughed sarcastically, "I missed Mina actually." I told him.

"Oh. You don't have to worry. I'm here. I'll look after her." He said. He pulled a face and tightened my fists underneath the table. Mina smirked and held my hand, giving me the hint to untighten it.

 

"Jaewon. Becareful when you go climbing." Mina's mother told him as he swung his backpack up and onto his back. 

"Don't worry. I will. Thank you for the lunch." He said. He said goodbye to everyone before disappearing. But not after giving me a cheesy wink before disappearing out of the door. "Ah. I worry about him sometimes. With all his sports." Mina's mother sighed to herself.

"He does sports?" I asked her.

"Yes. Jaewon goes travelling and tries different sports in all the countries he visits. Him and Mina did sports together as they grew up. Mina learnt from Jaewon" Her mother explained to me. "Anyway! Junghan! Eat up!" She said grinning to me.

 

"Thank you, I will eat well!" I said before starting to eat after Mina's mother and father had started eating. They smiled and nodded. "You are a lovely young man." Mina's mother said. I smiled and bowed my head to thank her. Whilst we were eating, me and Mina told her parents everything that had happened and why she has to stay here. "That sounds reasonable. However, since you are part of the family now son, you have to help us harvest the strawberries in the summer." Her father told me. I grinned and nodded. Mina's parents were so friendly just like Mina. I already felt part of their family. 

 

But one thing was at the back of my mind. Jaewon.