Chapter 10 - Reconcile

Scandal Secret

[Mina's POV]
I walked down the street with my head bowed. My hands were getting sweaty and I was nervous. Why was I nervous? I don't know. I reached Hana's chilled desserts and ice cream shop. I wiped my hands down either side of my jeans and pushed the door open slowly. Junghan had told me he had gone to see Hana, and also told me that she was willing to meet me. So this is where I was today. Surely years and years of friendship wouldn't be lost today? Hana was stood at the front of the shop, leaning against a wall. She half-smiled to me as I walked in. Good sign? I don't know.

 

As I reached the front, I followed her down the small corridor and into the room at the back of the shop. It was early and she hadn't opened yet so we were alone. "You can sit here..." she said awkwardly as she pulled out a chair and sat down in hers. I nodded silently and sat down awkwardly. "Just shout at me. If you want." I said awkwardly.
"I don't want to shout at you Mina." She said calmly. "Were you going to tell me?" She asked afterwards.
"I was going to tell you. When the time was right. It was early stages and I didn't know how to tell you..." I told her. She nodded.
"I'm sorry for kicking you out late at night. I didn't think." She admitted and bowed her head.

 

"It's fine. Junghan found me." I told her. She looked up and raised an eyebrow. "You went to his apartment? Omo." She said with wide eyes. Aye. Still a bit of the nosey old Hana I recognise.
"Is it really neat? Or messy..?" She questionned me. "Omo. I'm sorry. I shouldn't be asking you." She said and bowed her head again. 
"Hana. I'm sorry. I don't think our friendship is worth losing over this. We've been through a lot, and this is only something small." I told her confidently as she nodded.

 

"I'm sorry to. For the way I reacted." She admitted as well. We looked up and smiled to each other. She stood up and opened her arms. I smiled and opened mine, and we gave each other a hug. "What are we going to do about living?" She asked.
"Maybe we should live apart for a bit. I'll hopefully get my own place soon anyway?" I suggested.
"Ok. But you'll still come here and help me right?" She asked again. I nodded and smiled to her. "Maybe it's good. I mean. Junghan might be your man. But he's still my favourite actor." She said as she winked. I smirked and sniggered. Aish. Hana seriously.

 

"So did you... you know? When I found you?" Hana asked.
"Oh you mean... uh.. no." I stuttered.
"You didn't?! Eh! That doesn't make sense!" She cried out.
"We were... I don't know. It's a bit of a blur. But we didn't." I told her. 
She frowned, "Eh?!" She shouted out.
"We ended up falling asleep." I finished off.
"No way! You must have drank loads." Hana said as she burst out laughing. I sighed and bowed my head. Nothing happened last night, we probably were going to but we didn't. As soon as we reached my bed, we laid down and fell asleep.

 

[Junghan's POV]
"So you made up and are friends, but you are not living together anymore?" I said, summing up everything Mina had told me as we sat on her bed with her head resting against me. She nodded and looked up at me grinning. I smiled her. "That's good." I told her as I looked around her room. "Omo!" I cried out. I lifted her up and clambered off her bed, putting her back down. I ran across her room to a photo on her desk. "Cute!" I cried out. She gasped and quickly ran over, taking the photo out of my hands hiding it from me. I raised an eyebrow and managed to retrieve it back from her. It was a young photo of her; she must have been around seven, wearing a yellow dress and some white shoes with a backpack. "Do you have any baby photos?" I asked her.

 

She placed the photo down silently and sat on the edge of her bed, ignoring my question. Did I say something wrong? "I'll show you one of mine, next time you come round. Or I can bring one round?" I said to her to ease the tension which had been created in the room. I sat back down on her bed next to her. She shook her head. "I don't have any. That's the earliest photo of me. When I came here." She said with her head bowed, pointing to the photo I had just picked up. "Ah I see. But it's cute!" I said to her, wrapping my arms her, hugging her tightly. She wrapped her arms around me, hugging me back.

 

"I'm sorry. I won't ask anymore." I whispered in her ear. She looked up to me and smiled. 
"It's fine. I don't mind." She said happily.
"I had a friend once. But she got adopted and moved away." I told her. She looked up at me again, and hugged me tightly. 
"I'll keep you company now." She whispered to me. I smiled to her and kissed her forehead. "Thank you" I whispered back at her.

 

"Mina!" Her mother shouted as we heard footsteps. We quickly unlocked our hug and stood up quickly. "Oh Junghan! Hello! I thought you were here." Her mother said. I greeted her politely and she grinned. "Can you go help out at the shop please?" Her mother asked her. Mina nodded obediently and her mother smiled, leaving the room. "Ah. I'm sorry." Mina said. I smiled to reassure her. Suddenly, we heard "Mina!" again. This time it was her father. He came in just after her mother. "Oh! Hello Junghan. I thought that was your car. We don't have expensive cars around here." Her father said to me. I laughed awkwardly and greeted him politely.

 

"Mina. Can you come and help out in the fields? We are harvesting some strawberries." Her father asked her. We looked at each other and she sighed. "Appa. Umma asked me to help out in the shop." Mina said to her father. Her father pulled a face and rolled his eyes. "I can help..." I said awkwardly. Mina looked at me wide eyed and her father grinned. "Great! Mina go to the shop. Junghan come with me." Her father said as he left the bedroom. Mina laughed and kissed me on the cheek and I left. Aish. I've never harvested strawberries before...

 


 

"We'll start on the left and work our way across and down..." Mina's father explained to me. I nodded like I knew what was going on, but in fact I was clueless. "I'm just going to get some baskets. You can go and begin if you like." Mina's father said as he pointed to the one on the far left. I just nodded. "You look lost..." Her father stuttered.
"Do we have to pick strawberries with our hands? Is there a machine?" I asked him. Her father began grinning and I heard a laugh behind me. A laugh I never thought I would have to hear again.

Jaewon.

 

"Oh Junghan. Haha. Jaewon will show you, go with him. I'll be there soon." Mina's father said whilst smirking. He turned away and began to laugh quietly to himself. I rolled my eyes and turned to face Jaewon, giving him a fake smile. He grinned cheesily and told me to follow him. "A machine." He said under his breath as he sniggered. I looked around the vinyl house filled with rows and rows of strawberries. "Woah." I said to myself. Jaewon bent down, picking some strawberries. He ate one and passed me one. I looked at it and ate it cautiously. "I haven't poisoned you." Jaewon said whilst laughing.

 

Me and Jaewon began harvesting strawberries, Mina's father kept popping in and out; collecting baskets we had filled, taking them to Mina and her mother, and helping us sometimes. Jaewon was busy on his side of the vinyl house and I was busy on the other side. "So, how long have you known Mina?" I asked him, beginning a conversation. I heard him making 'hmm' sounds as he was thinking. "When we were about 8? About 20 years." I heard him shout across to me. I opened my eyes wide. They've know each other for 20 years. "When Mina came here?" I asked him.
"She told you?!" He shouted as he stood up and looked across at me. I nodded and he raised his eyebrows. 

 

"Yeah. When she came here. I lived in a house that was down the street but we moved and it got knocked down." Jaewon told me as he crouched back down.
"You've known each other for a while then." I muttered under my breath. I heard Jaewon sniggering behind me. I didn't realise he had walked across to me and was behind me, I was too busy thinking. He crouched down next to me and smiled. "Junghan. You have nothing to worry about." He told me. I stopped and looked across at him. "I'm not worried..?" I stuttered.

 

"Seriously. When we first met. You had a problem with me. But I didn't really help that situation, which I apologise for." Jaewon said to me. I frowned. I didn't think Jaewon would be like this. 
"I thought it would be funny to pull a joke on you. I could see how jealous you were." He said again whilst smirking.
"I wasn't jealous!" I said as I frowned.
"I just wanted to see what you were really like. I've seen your dramas and interviews. But I wanted to see the real you." He told me. I sniggered. This must be the real Jaewon then?

 

"Look Junghan. I've known Mina for a long time and when Mina came here, I was the first friend she made. We've been friends ever since but she's more like a little sister to me. You can basically say I'm an over protective oppa." Jaewon told me. I nodded and listened to him. "This is the first time Mina has brought a guy back, and I know she was round yours when I rang her after coming back from travelling. Please understand me." Jaewon asked me. I nodded and grinned. Suddenly, he hugged me quickly and stood up, walking back to where he was harvesting.

 

"The first guy?" I asked him.
He nodded, "She was hung up on this boy she met when she was little. But I guess he never showed up" Jaewon explained to me.
"Why? Who was the boy?" I asked him again.
He stuttered, "Uh. Maybe it's best if you ask Mina." 

"I'm glad we can understand each other Junghan." He said to me as he crouched down and began harvesting again.