Chapter 6 - Alone Time

Scandal Secret

 

[Mina's POV]

"Mina! Why is your suitcase here?" Hana shouted.

"I'm going on a weekend trip!" I shouted back to her as I came back down the hallway.

"Aye! Why am I not invited!" 

"Sorry Hana! I'll bring you back a present!"

"Ok. I forgive you. It's with your mysterious man, I'm right aren't I!?" She shouted before running off downstairs to open the shop downstairs. I rolled my eyes and put my shoes on to go to the last drama filming. 

 

As I got to the drama filming I walked into the changing room. I got changed and put my clothes into my bag. No one is going to steal my clothes today. I hid my bag and walked on to the set. Minyoung stood, smirking at me. "Don't happen to have anything to give me, do you?" I asked Minyoung.

"Ha. Why would I want to give anything to you."

"Don't have any clothes of mine, right?"

"Yah! You two! Stop fighting!" The director suddenly screamed at me and Minyoung. Everyone turned around to look at us, including Junghan. He looked at me and frowned but I could see a worried look on his face. I smiled with a guilty look on my face.

 

Filming soon ended and everyone cheered whilst jumping around. "Well done everyone and thank you for cooperating with us!" The director said, thanking everyone. 

"Next week, there will be a party for all the cast and crew! Wednesday night, the first episode of the drama will be aired so we will have a party the night after to celebrate!" The director then told us. Everyone cheered then went to get changed. I ran to my bag, luckily my clothes were in there. I got changed and put my outfit back on the railing. I looked at Minyoung's clothes sat there. I was tempted but I was a better person than that.

 


 

 

[Mina's POV]

I woke up to the sun blazing in my eyes. It was the day after the last filming and I quickly got changed. I was going on a weekend trip with Junghan and I was so excited. "Hana! I will see you on Monday!" I said as I waved bye to her, she waved back but was half asleep because I had woken her up early.

"Bring me back Choi Junghan..." she rambled.

"Do you mean Choi Junghan merchandise?!"

"Yeah. Yeah. Whatever." She said before wrapping herself in her blanket. I laughed and closed the front door behind me. 

 

I dragged my suitcase down the stairs and Junghan came up to help me. "Good morning beautiful!" He said as he took my suitcase off me and put it in the boot of his car. I went up on my tiptoes and kissed him. He grinned and kissed me back. "Good morning! Ooh. New car!?" I said as I jumped into the passenger's side as Junghan shut my door after me.

"Mhm! I finally got it!" He said excitedly.

"So this is all yours?" I said as I touched the shiny new interior.

"Yep!" He said as he pulled my seatbelt across me and clicked it in.

 

As we drove down the road I noticed something hanging from his mirror in the center of his car. I tapped it lightly and it swung. "You like it?" Junghan asked me. I nodded. It was a small stitched doll, a little boy in dungarees with a hat on. "Is this you?" I asked him. He nodded as he focused on his driving. I tapped it again, "It looks familiar... where did you get it?" I asked him again.

"Oh, my mother made it. You can't buy them anywhere."

"Oh." I said as I sat back in my seat, looking at the small doll swaying on the keyring which hung from the mirror.

 

[Junghan's POV]

"I found a small place in the country. It's a small village and not many people live there. But it has a small beach nearby and some woods to walk around." I told Mina as I drove down the road. She grinned and nodded. "It sounds nice!" She said excitedly. I smiled at her and looked back at the road. I was happy. Something had brought me to Mina. Fate? Without sounding too cheesy. But all I knew was Mina was the right person for me. She made me feel happy.

 

I pulled the car up down a small side road in the middle of fields. "Is this where we are staying?" Mina asked as we both jumped out. I nodded. It was a small traditional Korean house and the only person who lived there was an ahjumma, so she let people stay in her spare rooms who were on holiday. "Yes. I've stayed here before. The ahjumma is nice." I told Mina. She nodded. I took her hand and led her down the path of the house. The ahjumma was outside sorting out some flowers in pots. "Annyeonghaesyo" I said as we both bowed to her. She turned around and showed a big grin on her face.

 

"Oh! Its Junghan-ah! Oh! You brought a female friend with you!" She said happily as she came up to greet us. I bowed again to greet her. She smiled happily to Mina. "Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me." She told us. We laughed and nodded. "I have no one to tell anyway." She said as she told us to follow her, leading us to a room around the back of her house. "You can sleep in here. It is the warmest room. There are blankets and the door shuts properly. It's also the closest room to the toilet." She told us as she pointed to the toilet which was situated around the back of her house. Mina glanced up at me and frowned slightly. I smirked and winked to her. 

 

"Mr Choi Junghan. You never happened to mention the fact about the outside toilet?" Mina said to me as we sat on the floor of our room and opened our cases. I turned to face her and grinned cheekily. "It never came across my mind." I told her. She raised her eyebrows and glared at me. "Ah. I see. So is it going to be one of those scenes like in dramas where the male and female leads go out to the toilet and the male is more scared than the female?" Mina said as she laughed. I opened my mouth wide and frowned, "Lies! I'm not scared!" I grumbled.

 

It soon got late as we arrived in the evening. We had eaten a massive meal made by the Ahjumma whose house we were staying in. She enjoyed the company as she lived alone and had no children herself. "Good night kids." The Ahjumma said as she poked her head around our door grinning happily. We smiled to her and said good night. She disappeared but returned a second later, "Oh. And you know. If you do. Uh. Something. Please could you keep the noise down. Other people live quite close by." She said awkwardly before disappearing again. I opened my mouth wide and raised an eyebrow. Mina frowned and looked at me. Before we knew it we were both laughing. "Did she mean..." Mina stuttered.

"Uh. Forget about it." I said as I laughed awkwardly.

 

[Mina's POV]

We both walked back inside our room and Junghan slid the door closed behind him. I stood around and watched Junghan picked up the pile of folded up blankets and pillows from the corner. "Let me help" I said as I went to grab a blanket. He shook his head and turned away from me. I frowned and pulled a face. "I can do them." He said whilst smiling. I smiled and watched him unfold the blankets and put them side by side with the pillows. Aigoo. What have I done to deserve someone like this. "All done." He said whilst grinning. He sat down on one side and I sat down on the other.

 

We sat facing each other and he grabbed a small bag from his suitcase behind him. He emptied the bag in between us. "Midnight snack?" He said whilst grinning and spreaded some of the snacks out. I smirked, "Let's play a game!" I suggested.

"For food?" Junghan asked.

I nodded, "The winner of each game gets to pick a snack." I told Junghan. He nodded and smiled. 

 

We began playing games and winning for snacks. I had a small pile and so did Junghan. We tried not to laugh too loud in case we woke up the ahjumma. As we were playing I glanced up at Junghan and looked at him, whilst he was busy playing the game. I smiled. He seemed happy. It must have been nice for him. To get away from everything for a little while and not have to worry about getting caught. "What are you looking at?" Junghan asked me.

"Uh. Nothing. I just zoned out for a while." I said as I shook my head.

 

[Junghan's POV]

I woke up in the middle of the night to hear the wind howling outside. The door was rattling through the wind, but luckily it had stayed closed. I my side to face Mina. She was peacefully sleeping and hadn't woken up from all the sounds caused by the wind. I laid on my side and watched her for a while. Song Mina, you'll stay with me forever right? I'll protect you. Forever. I pulled her blankets up to her chin to keep her warm then rolled back onto my back. I laid there awkwardly. I didn't know whether to hug her or pull her closer to me. I let out a sigh and soon fell asleep myself.