Chapter 14 - Trapped

Scandal Secret


[Mina's POV]
I finished my stunts and came down from the balcony. "Thank you Mina" The director said to me as he packed away the rest of the equipment. I thanked him and bowed before saying bye. I ran off to get my bag from the classroom everyone was changing in. I got changed quickly and headed out the door. "Annyeong." Junghan said as he came from around a corner. I jumped and looked at him. "I thought I said don't wait! Were you watching me?" I asked him.
"Of course not! Who do you think I am?" He argued back. We both laughed and he kissed me on my forehead. "Ok let's go. No one should be around." He said to me. I nodded and we walked down the corridor together.  

 

We reached the front of the building. "No don't!" We heard shout behind us. We both froze and glanced across to each other. I pulled my hand away from Junghan and we turned around awkwardly. It was Min. "I don't even want to know. No no. I do know. But don't walk out that door. There's reporters." Min told us as we faced him. Junghan frowned and took a peak out of one the windows. "He's right..." Junghan stuttered. "Did you do this... did you call them?" Junghan shouted at him. I pulled Junghan's arm, telling him to be quiet. Min sighed and bowed his head.

 

"Just let me help you. You can ask me questions later." Min asked us. I nodded repeatedly and glanced across at Junghan but he didn't seem sure. "I'll get Mina out of here, you just need to go out the front and distract the reporters." Min told Junghan. 
"Come on Junghan..." I mumbled. He sighed and nodded. I walked across to Min and he began to lead me down a back corridor. 
"Min! Look after her." Junghan shouted after us. I smiled at him slightly and Min nodded before we disappeared down a corridor.

 

[Junghan's POV]
I watched as Mina disappeared with Min and I sunk to the floor. I said I would protect Mina, but I didn't stop this. I didn't know about this. A few more minutes and we would have been found out by the whole world. A few more minutes and all this would have ended. I finally got myself together and pulled myself off the floor. I took a deep breath in and out then pulled the door open. I walked out carefully. "Choi Junghan! Choi Junghan!" Some reporters shouted. The security guard at the fence around the building was keeping them back as he opened the door for me. "Junghan! Junghan! Are you alone?" Other reporters shouted at me.

 

"Keep back! Keep back! Can't you see he is alone?" The security guard shouted at them. He helped me get through to my car and I sat in silence for a while. "Look! I'm putting the padlock on the gate! No one else is in there! Get on your way!" I heard the security guard shout again and the reporters soon began to disperse. I got my car ready and began to drive away. As soon as I get home I need to ring Mina. I wonder where she is now... with Min? On her way home?

 

[Mina's POV]
"Becareful, it's really dark around here. Don't trip." Min said worriedly as I followed him through the darkness out the back of the building. I carefully walked on the bumpy patches of damp grass. "Where are we going?!" I asked him panicking. He stopped and I could just see him smiling through the darkness. 
"I'm getting you out of here. There's a gap in the back fence we can sneak through." He told me as he turned around to continue walking. I nodded and followed him, but all I had on my mind was Junghan. I hope he was on his way home, he had managed to get through the crowd of reporters and into his car.

 

We finally reached the fence, Min went through first then he helped me through. "My car is around here." Min told me. I stopped and frowned at him. He carried on but eventually stopped when he realised I wasn't walking anymore. "Min. How did you know this was going to happen?" I asked him.
"I saw the reporters outside..." He stuttered.
"But your car is here..?" I asked him again.
He sighed, "I'll be honest. I've seen you and Junghan... But I didn't call the reporters! Honestly! So I'm not the only one who has seen you both." He explained. I panicked and sunk to the floor, holding my head. We were too ruthless, we hadn't been careful enough. We had been caught and it was my fault.

 

"You should sit in the back. It might be better" He said as he opened the back door of his car for me. I nodded quietly and got in. He shut the door behind me and got into the driver's seat. "Where do you live? I'll take you home." Min said as he started his car up. I told him where I lived and he drove off down the road towards the countryside where I lived. "When did you see us?" I asked him. He stuttered and looked at me in his mirror.
"Mina, it doesn't matter. Let's just get home." He said awkwardly.
"Thank you Min." I mumbled as I rested my head back on my head rest. I stared out of the window into the darkness in deep thought. I need to think about everything. I can't do this.

 


 

[Junghan's POV]
I reached my apartment and tapped in my passcode as I walked in I noticed a pair of shoes laid out. I frowned and took my shoes off, shuffling my feet into my slippers. I wandered in to find Manager Cha pacing the floor. "Oh! Hyung!" I said as I bowed to greet him. He turned around and looked at me. He looked angry. Surely he doesn't know about the reporters? "Junghan. Do you have something to tell me?" He asked me.
I looked at him confused and shrugged, "What do you m..." I stuttered but was cut off by him.
"You damn well know what I mean Choi Junghan!" He shouted as he threw a pile of papers at me. I bowed my head and crouched down to pick them up as I looked at him. They were all photos of my meetings with Mina. The two of us.

 

"Who is she?" Manager Cha asked me.
"A stunt actress." I said as I sighed and stood back up. 
"What's her name?" He asked me again.
"Song Mina." I said with another sigh.
"How long has this been going on?" He questionned me. I bowed my head and sunk to the floor. Someone had been watching us, just watching and waiting. "Junghan!" Manager Cha shouted at me.
"How did you get these..?" I stuttered.
"I received them today, someone sent them to my office." He told me. "It's a good job no one else opened them!" He shouted. I closed my eyes and breathed deepily.

 

He stepped closer to me and took the photos off me. "Anyway. It's a good job. Since it hasn't spread further, we can easily get rid of this issue and continue like we used to" He explained.
I looked up at him, "What do you mean 'get rid'?" 
"You can't do this Junghan. End things with Mina. It's for the best." He told me. I shook my head and wiped my eyes before any tears escaped. "I can't." I mumbled.
"Yes you can Junghan. And I will help you. We just need to find the source of these photos." He told me as he picked me back up to my feet.

 

[Mina's POV]
"Mina. You don't have to listen to me. But seriously, just leave Junghan alone for a while. And he needs to do the same." Min had told me which was repeating in my head as I laid on my bed. I checked my phone, no messages and no calls. I buried my face in my pillows and screamed into them. Someone was doing this. Someone had set us up. Called the reporters. Caught us. I can't do this anymore. Junghan is going to get hurt. He can't get hurt. "Wow. You look like you've had a bad day." I heard Jaewon behind me.
"Oppa. Not now. Please." I begged him but he jumped on my bed beside me. He pulled me up and I pulled a face at him.
"Yah! I'm leaving tomorrow! Talk to me." He said as he crossed his arms. "I'm going to America. I'll be gone a couple of months." He told me again. I nodded and looked at him.
"Can I come..?" I stuttered.
"Wh... Wait. What?!" He cried out shocked.

 

[3rd Person]
The door flung open to the reporter's office and all the staff quickly shot up and followed the person who had walked in with their eyes. They headed straight towards the Chief Editor's office and flung the door open wide before slamming it shut behind them. "Oh! Miss Kim. Do you want some tea?" The Chief Editor asked as he stood face to face with Hye-Sun. Kim Hye-Sun.
"Tea? Tea? Are you freaking kidding me!" She screamed. "What happened? I thought you called reporters!" She screamed again.
"We did. But Junghan came out alone. The girl must have had help getting out." The Chief Editor explained to her.
"Help?! They had help. But who would have helped them?!" She screamed. "Min. Lee Min..." She whispered quietly to herself.
"If we are going to do this, we need to do it properly Hye-Sun." The reporter told her. She sighed and nodded to him.