Chapter 15 - Separation

Scandal Secret

[Junghan's POV]
I sat on a chair watching other people film, I rested my arm and sighed deepily. Manager Cha was stood against a wall watching me. I tilted my head back to look up at the ceiling and rolled my eyes. "Junghan!" Hye-Sun shouted as she looked down at me from above. I jumped and bolted upright as she walked around the front of my chair. "You seem... hm.. fed up?" She mentioned. I shook my head and smiled. "I'm fine. I'm fine." I repeated.

 

I looked around and caught eye contact with Min, I smiled to him but he quickly looked down, avoiding my eye contact. I sighed and jumped off my chair. "Min! Lee Min!" I shouted over to him but I could see his pace speeding up slightly. I jogged over to him slowly and managed to catch him. I stood in front of him and he stopped, looking down and sighed. "Are you avoiding me?" I asked him.
"Sorry. Junghan. Not now." He said as he walked around me. I sighed and looked around helpless. I hadn't seen Mina at all for a while. 

 

I walked around and ended up beside one of the directors. I bowed to him to greet him and he smiled to me, "Are any of the stunt actors filming today?" I asked him quietly. 
"Hmm..." He said as he grabbed a folder and scanned through it. "No. The stunt actors are not needed for any scenes today." He told me. I nodded and thanked him before he was called by someone else. Aish, Mina isn't needed for any scenes which means she wasn't coming to filming today. I sighed and looked around. Manager Cha was still watching me like a hawk.

 


 

[Hana's POV]
I was busy sorting out mugs and plates in the kitchen when I heard the bell ring on the door. "Welcome!" I shouted as I walked through to the front of the shop. A man walked in wearing a cap and sunglasses. I could recognise him anywhere. Junghan. He walked up to the counter with his head bowed and put his sunglasses down slightly to show me his eyes. "Strawberry Ice Cream Cake?" I asked him. He nodded and put the money on the counter quietly.
"How did you know?" He whispered.
"Mina told me once it was your favourite." I told him.
"Have you spoken to Mina lately?" He asked me.
I shook my head, "I haven't since Jaewon left." 
"Jaewon left?!" He said confused.

 

"Yes. He's finished his break and he's gone back travelling. He went to America this time." I explained to him. He frowned and stayed quiet. "Who knows! She could have gone with him!" I said joking. He didn't react. Something was wrong. "What's wrong?" I asked him worriedly.
"There were reporters. We managed to get away from them. But my manager..." He began but the bell rang on the front door which caught my attention. The man walked up to Junghan and whispered something in his ear. Junghan took the ice cream cake box and passed me the money. "Thank you! Remember to think about the promotion I was explaining to you!" I shouted out as they began to walk out. I watched them panicking. Was he in trouble? We weren't talking for that long... right?

 

[Junghan's POV]
We reached Manager Cha's car and got in. "Do you know her?" Manager Cha asked me as he started up his car. I shook my head. "I've been in a couple of times, but she was just explaining about a promotion they are doing." I explained to him. He nodded slowly as he pulled away from the side of the road. I don't know whether he believed me or not. I leant back in my seat and rested my head on the headrest. All I could think of was Mina. Did she run away and go to America with Jaewon?

 

We reached my apartment and I collapsed onto the sofa. Manager Cha sat opposite me and sighed. I closed my eyes. For once I actually wished I was on my own. "You have no schedules tomorrow. But since this has all happened. I want you to stay here tomorrow. If you need anything, just call me." Manager Cha explained to me before leaving me alone in my apartment. I moaned loudly before laying on my sofa with my head buried in the cushions. I need to talk to Mina. I need to find her. Even if I could see her without talking to her.

 


 

[Junghan's POV]
After eating breakfast, I paced my apartment floor back and forth. I had nothing to do. No where to go. I couldn't see Mina, I didn't know where she was. I sighed and looked around. This place could be cleaned and organised... I grabbed dusters and a brush out of my cupboard and began cleaning my apartment, dusting shelving down and brushing the floor. I looked around and noticed a box which was resting on the top shelf of a wall. "Hmm." I said to myself as I walked up to the shelf and reached upwards. I managed to move the box to the edge and caught it as it fell. I sat on the floor as I opened the box carefully.

 

"Oh!" I said excitedly as I pulled out a paper scroll and a bunch of photographs. It was my promise scroll and photos from when I was 7. With Sun. I'll always remember her. She was one of the greatest people I have ever met. I looked through all the photos and smiled at us playing and the last day before she left. Then I took my promise scroll. I untied the blue ribbon and unrolled the paper. 'If we are not an actor and actress by the time we are 30 years old, we will help each other to become an actor and actress. If we do not see each other, we will find each other!' I read which was in different coloured crayons with spelling mistakes. I smiled happily as I looked at the paper. 

 

Should I try find her? Ah. It'll be impossible. I looked on the backs of the photos which had our birthdays on. We were both reaching 30 soon. The age our promise. It would be impossible. But it would take my mind of everything which is going on. I don't know whether my parents would know where she went. Is she an actress already? Would her name have changed? Was she still called Sun? I looked back at the photos. Sun, I'll find you. Just wait for me.

 

After looking through my box, I put all the things away and stared at my phone. Luckily this was the only thing Manager Cha hasn't taken away from me. But he knew I couldn't get in contact with Mina so he probably wasn't bothered. But there was one person I could...
Jaewon. I don't know how I managed to get his phone number. But this was a time when I needed it the most. I dialled his number and hoped for the best. Aish, this is going to cost a lot. But it was worth it.

 

"Hello?" Jaewon answered.
"Jaewon!" I said happily. He stayed quiet. He was probably confused why I rang. "Is Mina with you?" I asked him.
"Mina? Mina? Why Mina?" He said confused.
"Is she with you?" I asked him again.
"No. Why would she be? Junghan! What have you done?! Has something happened?! I can come back right now. I'm not joking." He panicked as he started to get angry.
"No no. We are fine. I just wondered. I didn't mean to startle you." I apologised to him. He grumbled and the call soon ended.

 

Ah. Song Mina. If you're not in America. Where are you? I grabbed my script and flicked through the pages quickly. Stunt scenes are included in the next scene. That means I can see Mina tomorrow. But there was just one problem. Manager Cha.

 


 

[Mina's POV]
I sat by my bedroom window and watched Junghan's manager get into his car and drive off. I sighed and hugged my knees as I heard a knock on my bedroom door. My parents walked in and my mother ran up and hugged me. My father stood and sighed. I looked up at him, "Mr Cha said as soon as you have finished your filming tomorrow, you must come home. There's no waiting for Junghan or seeing him secretly." He explained to me. I whined and bowed my head. "I'm sorry Mina. Just for a little bit." He continued.
"Oh Mina. Don't worry. We'll get this sorted." My mother told me.

 

Tomorrow I will be able to see Junghan. I can't talk to him or meet him but at least I can just see him. Just to see if he is ok. That's all I want right now.