Chapter 1 - 21 Years Ago

Scandal Secret

21 Years Ago 

 

[Junghan's POV]
"Junghan! Come down here please!" I heard my mother shout from down the stairs. I put my toys down and quickly ran towards my mother's voice. I ran down the stairs and my parents were stood in the hall. There was another man stood in front of our front door. I reached the bottom of the stairs and stood behind my father, poking my head around. "Thank you" the man by the door said before disappearing out the front door. I frowned and looked again. A small girl was left stood by the front door. "Aigoo!" My mother cried out as she approached the girl carefully. "Do you remember me?" My mother asked the girl. The girl nodded and a smile grew on her face.

 

I carefully stepped out from behind my father. I knew it was another child my parents would look after. They did this sometimes. My mother told me that they look after other children until they find a new family like us. "Annyeong!" I said happily as I waved to the girl. The girl smiled and waved back. I opened my eyes wide. She wasn't like the other children. She seemed happy and bright. "Annyeong!" She said back as she grinned. My mother and father smiled and looked down at us. "Junghan. This little girl will be staying with us for a little while." My mother told me as I nodded.

 

"You can come and play with me!" I said happily. She looked up at my parents and they nodded. She only had a small backpack with her, which they took and would put in her bedroom. I told her to come to me using my hands and she followed me happily. As she followed me, she was taking in all her surroundings and grinning. "Woah. Wow." She kept saying as I led her to the playroom. As we got into the playroom. Her eyes opened wide. She ran around, looking at all of the toys.

 

We sat down on the floor and began playing with the toys I still had laid out from earlier. "What's your name?" I asked her as I looked at her, she had long brown hair which was in two plaits either side of her head, she had big golden brown eyes and she was a lot smaller than me. "I... I can't remember." She stuttered. I opened my eyes wide and nodded. Hmm. They usually had names. But she was different, she didn't have one. "We will have to make you one!" I told her as I grinned. She smiled back and clapped her hands excitedly.

 

After playing for a while we went outside to play in the garden. "You can call me oppa, if you want?!" I asked her as I pushed her on the swing attached to a large tree in the garden. "How old are you? Do you know?" I asked her again. She nodded and she held onto the ropes of the swing tightly. "I am seven." She called out. 
"Oh! I am seven too!" I said excitedly. She laughed and I began laughing with her. 
"Should we go over there? The sun is in our faces here." I asked her. She nodded and I stopped pushing her. She slowed down and jumped off the swing as it reached a slow speed.

 

We ran over to some toys which we had laid out on a blanket on the grass. "Oh! I know! Sun! Your name can be Sun! It is English!" I said excitedly as I pointed up to the sun. She opened her eyes wide and grinned happily. "Yes! I like it! Sun! Sun! Sun!" She began singing. We smiled to each other and then we heard my mother call us in for dinner. We both ran in, "Sun! Sun! Sun!" We sang as we reached both of my parents.
"Sun?" My father said to us.
"Junghan picked a name for me" Sun said happily. I raised my eyebrows. Usually the children who come are shy, they never speak to my parents and sit quietly, they don't usually play with me either. But Sun was different. I didn't want her to go.

 

[Junghan's POV - 5 Weeks Later]
I sat in the corner of the playroom with my knees up, curled into a ball. The room was empty and it was silent. "Junghan! Where are you?!~" I heard Sun sing from outside. I didn't reply and kept my head down, buried. "Junghan!?" She called again. Suddenly the door flung open, I raised my head and Sun looked around before she locked eye contact with me. "Junghan~ Can we play once more? I have to leave later." She whined and she sat in front of me. I pulled a face and shook my head. "Please!~ Actors and actresses!!" She whined. I rolled my eyes and nodded. She grinned and stood up, pulling me up after her. 

 

We began playing our favourite game; actors and actresses. We would make up a scenario and pretend we were famous actors and actresses acting in a movie together. We played this all the time. But this was the last time we would play together.

 

Sun was going to a new family.

 

We finished playing and we sat together in the garden. "Let's make a promise!" Sun suggested. I frowned to her and she pulled out two pieces of card and some crayons. "What promise?" I asked her as I frowned again. 
"Hmm." She said as she looked around then began counting something on her fingers. "30" She said to herself as she stopped counting. 

"If we are not an actor and actress by the time we are 30 years old, we will help each other to become an actor and actress. If we do not see each other, we will find each other!" She said. I thought about it and nodded, agreeing with her. We smiled to each other and she took crayons, beginning to write it down on the card.

 

"What are you doing?" My mother asked us as she kneeled down beside us. I held up the card Sun had finished to show her. She read it and smiled. "Ooh! Let me go get something!" My mother said as she disappeared back inside. Me and Sun looked to see where she had gone and she reappeared with some things in her hand. 

"You can stamp your thumb to agree. A promise contract." My mother suggested as she passed us the coloured stamp. We both stamped each piece of card underneath our promise. My mother then rolled up each piece of card into a scroll and tied it with a coloured ribbon - blue for me and yellow for Sun. We all grinned to each other as Me and Sun waved our scrolls around.

 

The sun went down and the moon came out. Me and Sun watched as my mother brought Sun's backpack and another bag of some new things Sun had gotten over the 5 weeks she had stayed with us. Sun lifted up her backpack and put it on her back. "I don't want you to go." I told her as I frowned, pulling a face. She smiled and lifted up the corners of my mouth so I was smiling. 

 

Suddenly the doorbell rang and my father went to answer it. "I have a present for you both" My mother told us, she crouched down to our height and pulled out two small stiched dolls. "Woah!" We cried out happily. My mother smiled. She held out the girl doll first, the small doll had brown plaits, a yellow checkered dress and small white shoes with a backpack on her back which had Sun stitched into it. "This doll is Sun!" She said as she gave the doll to Sun.

 

Sun looked down and held the doll tightly so she didn't lose it. "You can put it on your backpack!" I suggested as the doll had a chain to connect it to things but Sun shook her head and held it tightly in her hands. My mother then pulled out another doll, it was a little boy with dark brown hair, he wore blue dungarees and a sun hat. I glanced down at my blue dungarees and looked across at my sun hat which was laid on the floor. I grinned happily and took it carefully. The name 'Junghan' was stitched into the sunhat. Me and Sun grinned and held our dolls up together, as well as our promise scrolls.

 

And before I knew it. Sun had gone.