Chapter 18 - Sun

Scandal Secret

A couple of months later...

[Junghan's POV]
"What the..." I stuttered confused as I froze and stared at the box which I accidently dropped. That was when I saw it. I crouched down and froze. "What did you drop?" Mina shouted from inside her new apartment. I picked it up carefully and held it in my hands. A small stitched doll, like mine. This was... "Sun." I said to myself. I searched around the pile of things out of the box which I dropped. I found a photo, and picked it up. It was Sun... and me. "Sun." I repeated again. I quickly stood up and ran into Mina's apartment trying to find her throughout the rooms. "Yah! You still have your shoes on!" Mina cried out as I ran into her bedroom, she sighed and turned around, sorting something out.

 

"Sun. Sun. Sun." I repeated as Mina turned around and froze. 
"W... Wh... What did you say?" She stuttered. I held up the photo and the doll. "Oh. It's my doll!" She cried out as she came over to me and went to take the doll off me. I held it up higher so she couldn't reach it. "Who is this?" I asked her as I pointed to the boy in the photo. She frowned and was thinking.
"Aish. I can't... hold on." She said as she disappeared out the room. I sunk down to the floor, clutching the doll and the photo in my hands. Mina is Sun. Sun. She came back and opened her eyes wide. "Yah! What are you doing on the floor?!" She said confused.

 

I looked up and she was holding the scroll in her hand. Our promise scroll with a yellow ribbon for Sun. "His name is..." she stuttered as she took the ribbon off the scroll and unravelled it. "J... Junghan." She stammered. I began crying and she sunk down to the floor in front of me. I reached out my hands to her which were shaking but then I pulled them back. "I have to go somewhere..." I stuttered as I quickly fled out of her new apartment, leaving her alone on the floor as she sniffled and rubbed her eyes.

 

[Mina's POV]
I paced the floor of my new apartment waiting for Junghan to return. He left suddenly after we found out about our past and he hadn't returned. I fiddled with my phone in my hands, glancing down at it constantly. He hasn't got into an accident has he? Where has he gone... did I scare him... Suddenly the door flung open, Junghan ran in panting and collapsed on the floor as he caught his breath back, he was red faced and sweating. "Su.. Mina! I'm sorry I'm late." He mumbled in between his panting as he dropped his promise scroll and keyring by my feet. I smiled and crouched down beside him. "Pabo." I said repeatedly as I rubbed his back whilst he continued to catch his breath.

 

After Junghan had cooled down from running before, we sat on the floor facing each other. "I can't believe it. I just can't believe it." I repeated. Junghan smiled and held my hands tightly in his. "I put my things in a keepsake box. You had the keyring in your car. I left them in the box for safe keeping." I told Junghan. He nodded and took his promise scroll unravelling it.
"If we are not an actor and actress by the time we are 30 years old, we will help each other to become an actor and actress. If we do not see each other, we will find each other." Junghan read out on his scroll. We smiled happily to each other.
"And Choi Junghan, how old are you now?" I asked him.
"Thirty years old. And you Miss Song Mina?" He asked me.
"Thirty years old." I told him.

 

Junghan placed his scroll beside him and stood up. He reached out his arms and held his hands out. I grinned and placed my hands and he pulled me up and into him. He wrapped one arm around my waist and pulled me even closer to him. He pressed his lips again mine and began kissing me. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck tightly. He planted kisses all over me and lifted me up slightly. He continued covering me in kisses as he smiled happily with me. "I'm keeping you forever, you do realise this?" He asked me between kisses. I nodded and continued kissing him whilst smiling. "But what made you become a stunt actress..?" He said confused as he put me back on the ground. I shrugged and he started laughing.

 

[Junghan's POV]
We eventually got back to moving all of Mina's things in and placing all her new things where she wanted them in her new apartment. We soon finished and shut the front door before collapsing on her sofa together. She leant against me and we looked around. "I like this apartment. Can I come live here too?" I asked her. She laughed and looked up at me.
"Your apartment is like twice the size of this." She grumbled.
I laughed, "And? This one is cozy. I like it." I told her. 

 

"Ah! We have something to do tomorrow." I said. She sat up and turned to face me frowning. "You are meeting my parents tomorrow." I announced to her. She opened wide and froze.
"I've met yours, it'll be fine. You've met them already." I told her.
"Do they know?" She asked me.
"No, I just told them there is someone special I want them to meet." I said as I grinned. She nodded and quickly ran off. "Where are you going?" I shouted after her.
"To pick an outfit!" She shouted back as I laughed.

 


 

[Junghan's POV]
I sat with my parents in the garden, it was a sunny day so we were going to have a barbeque outside. I looked at my watch, Mina should be arriving soon. "Junghan, is it a girl?" My mother asked me. 
"You'll see. I told them to come round the back gate." I told her. She smiled and looked at me suspiciously. Suddenly my phone began ringing and it was Mina. I pointed to my phone and my parents nodded. I left the table and walked down the garden to answer her call. "I'm here. I'm stood out the front. I'm nervous." She mumbled.
"Just come round the back." I told her.
"No~ come and get me." She whined.
"Ok, I'll come" I told her as I laughed. My parents laughed as I walked past them to go round the front.

 

I reached the front of the house. Mina was stood awkwardly, looking down at her feet. "Come here" I called out to her. She looked up and a smile grew on her face. She ran towards me and smiled happily. I stopped and looked down. She was wearing a large sunhat with a sunflower dress and sandals. "You are very bright." I told her.
"Oh no. Am I?" She began panicking.
"It's a good thing." I said as I laughed. She nodded nervously and took her hand, leading her around the back. My parents turned around and stood up. She quickly took off her hat and held it in her hand.

 

[Mina's POV]
"Annyeonghaesyo, my name is Song Mina" I said nervously as a bowed to greet his parents. His parents smiled at me and suddenly his mother stood up and flung her arms around me. "Sun! It's you right?" She said excitedly she hugged me tightly. Junghan and I looked at each other with our eyes wide open. Junghan stepped forward and tugged his mother's arm. She stopped hugging me and stepped back. "You never told me you had found Sun?" His mother questionned him. He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.
"We only just realised! We didn't recognise each other!" He whined. His parents laughed and grinned to me happily. His mother played with my head and smiled to me. "You've grown up very prettily." She said happily.

 

Junghan's parents offered me a seat opposite them. I smiled and sat down with Junghan sat beside me. "Ah. So I'm guessing you are the person who has made Junghan so happy lately?" His mother asked me. Junghan laughed and looked at me happily. "You made Junghan so happy when you were little, and you still make him happy now." His mother said. Junghan took my hand under the table and squeezed it gently. I nodded and chuckled quietly. "I guess your promises on your promise scrolls were kept?" His father asked us. We both nodded.
"Oh! Are you an actress?" His mother said shocked.
"Oh no. I am a stunt actress." I told them. They both gasped and looked at Junghan. He laughed at them both and nodded.
"I know I know. It's dangerous. But Mina is a really good stunt actress. She knows what she's doing." Junghan explained to them.

 

We sat and ate lunch which Junghan's mother had prepared, and felt more relaxed. "I want to show you something." Junghan whispered in my ear. I nodded and he stood up. His parents were busy cleaning up in the kitchen. I stood up and he took my hand as he lead me into their house. I took off my shoes and we headed upstairs. We walked down the corridor and I looked around. The house seemed familiar. I remembered this place. Especially the...

"Remember this? The playroom?" Junghan asked me as he opened the door. I looked around a smile grew on my face. The room where we spent most of our time. The room we played actors and actresses in. I nodded, "I remember this room. When I left, you were curled up there. You wouldnt come out until I bugged you." I chuckled as I pointed towards a corner of the room. Junghan laughed and walked up behind me, wrapping his arms around me. He rested his chin on my shoulder as we stood in silence. "Oh! I thought you would be here!" We heard behind us. It was Junghan's mother. Junghan quickly let go off me and stepped to alternate sides away from each other awkwardly. 

 

His mother laughed as we turned around to face her, stood apart from each other. "So how long do I have to wait until there are babies playing in here?" She joked. I froze and Junghan began choking. "Umma!" He cried out embarrassed.
"You've been together for a while now!" His mother laughed. She continued laughing and we both stood awkwardly in silence. "I'm only joking!" His mother whined as she disappeared from the door. Junghan let out a deep breath and we looked at each other. We smirked to each other and followed his mother back into the garden.

 

[Junghan's POV]
"Well that went well" I said happily as I glanced across at Mina. But she stayed quiet and was playing with her stitched doll keyring. She looked like she was deep in thought and didn't hear me. "Mina~ That went well, didn't it?" I said, repeating myself. She snapped out of her daze and looked up. She nodded quietly and smiled.
"What's wrong?" I asked her as I indicated to pull over. She reached out and turned my indicator off. "Nothing." She mumbled.
I sighed, "Mina. Come on. Tell me." I grumbled.
"I'm just thinking about the future..." She said as she sighed. I checked if it was safe and quickly pulled over before she could stop me. I stopped the car and turned to look at her.

 

"What do you mean?" I asked her.
"About what your mother said. The future. Will we have one?" She sulked as she took a deep breath.
"You're worried about Hye-Sun still." I sighed.
"I feel like we can't go into the future because we are constantly worried about if she is going to tell everyone." She said as her eyes filled with tears.
"So what are we going to do..?" I cried out.