Chapter 11 - Choices

Scandal Secret

 

[Mina's POV]

"Did you have a good time? I heard Jaewon Oppa was there." I asked Junghan as we sat down on the edge of my bed. He nodded and smiled. "It was fun. Me and Jaewon had a good talk." He told me. I raised an eyebrow and turned to look at him. He smiled happily to me. "Is that sarcasm?" I asked him.

"No. We just spoke to each other. He told me he was joking before so we are ok with each other now." Junghan said. I just nodded silently and grinned. I wonder what they spoke about... Suddenly Junghan's phone began ringing and he disappeared to answer it privately.

 

He reappeared later and was grinning happily. "I suppose that was good news?" I asked him. He nodded repeatedly.

"I've been offered a role in a new movie. I have to go to my company building tomorrow to read through the script and tell them whether I want to accept the role or not." He said excitedly. I jumped up and smiled happily. "That's great" I said cheerfully. He took me in his arms and spun me around a couple of times, hugging me tightly. "But I'll be busy..." he stuttered as he put me down on the floor.

"It's fine. Your acting comes first." I told him. He nodded then placed his hand on my left cheek, kissing me lightly. "I'll train more and work on my stunts." I reassured him.

 

"You're not going to tell me what you and Jaewon spoke about then?" I asked Junghan as we walked over to his car. It was late and he needed to get home without being questionned by his manager. "You don't need to worry." He said as he smiled to reassure me. I nodded to him. Suddenly we heard a bang behind us. "Junghan!" My mother shouted as she ran out the back door. She stopped in front of us and breathed deepily, holding a basket of strawberries. "Thank you for helping us today." She said as she passed Junghan the basket. He tried to refuse them and let my mother have them back to sell, but she wouldn't and quickly disappeared back inside.

 

He put the basket of strawberries in his car and returned back to me. He looked around and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. We smiled to each other and he kissed my forehead. "I will see you soon." He whispered in my ear. I nodded and he broke off the hug, and walked to his car. "Choi Junghan! I love you!" I shouted to him. He laughed and nodded.

"Song Mina! I love you too!" He shouted back, making a love heart with his arms.

 

[Junghan's POV]

After reading through a draft of the movie script I had been offered the male lead in, I had decided to accept the role. "I accepted the role." I told Mina over the phone as I reached my apartment and shut the front door behind me. Mina screamed down the phone and I held the phone away from my ear until she stopped. "That's great!" She cried down the phone happily. I laughed and we continued talking for a while. "Take your phone everywhere with you. Don't leave it anywhere, right?" I told her.

"Why?" She asked me, she sounded confused.

"... because... I miss you and I might want to ring you and talk to you later." I told her. She agreed and we ended the call as she was busy helping her parents.

 

I sat for the rest of the day in my apartment reading through the script for the movie. It was a horror movie, I had never tried the horror genre before but it was a chance to learn something new and act in something different. Suddenly my phone rang, it was Mina. I grinned to myself and answered the call. "Junghan! What the hell have you done!" Mina shouted down the phone. I tried to hold in my laugh. "What do you mean Mina?" I asked her as I smirked. She shouted down the phone again and sighed heavily.

"You know damn well what I mean Choi Junghan!" She shouted.

 

[Flashback - Junghan's POV]

After reading through the draft of the script and accepting the role, I talked to some of the staff of the movie who was talking to me about what was going to happen and about the movie. "We have all the cast sorted apart from a stunt actress for Kim Hye-Sun who will be your female lead." The staff told me. I nodded and smiled. Wait. A stunt actress.

"My last drama I did, we had a good stunt actress. She has long brown hair, she could look like Hye-Sun from behind..." I told them. They smiled and nodded as they made a note. 

"Thank you Junghan, we have been trying to find one which is skilled enough, so we will have to see whether she is good enough. We will get in touch with the producers and see whether she is available." They told me as they began closing their folders and files.

 

[Mina's POV]

I left the building after accepting the role for a new movie which was being made for later this year, it was a horror movie and I was asked to be the stunt actress for the female lead, Kim Hye-Sun. I grabbed my phone and called Junghan. "Junghan! What the hell have you done!" I shouted down the phone. I could hear him trying not to laugh. "What do you mean Mina?" He asked me as I rolled my eyes. I shouted down the phone again and sighed heavily.

"You know damn well what I mean Choi Junghan!" I shouted. He told me that he would come and meet me at home. So I agreed. Since my house was outside of Seoul, there was less chance of us getting caught and it was also out in fields.

 

I sat on the front porch and watched him drive up in his car, he was grinning happily. I stood up and walked up to meet him. "Did you tell them my name?!" I said to him angrily.

"No." He said. He was definitely lying. "I didn't exactly say your name, I just said that I knew a good stunt actress from my last drama." He told me as he smiled. I playfully hit him on his arm. He cried out and held his arm, pretending his was in pain. I looked at him with a straight face and he stopped. He smiled and cupped my cheeks in his hands. "I'm helping you become a famous stunt actress. You should thank me." He said as he squeezed my cheeks. I smiled. "Thank you Junghan." I said to him.

 

We sat for a while on the front porch talking, then Junghan had to leave. We walked up to his car and he wrapped his arms around me and lifted me up. "I will see you tomorrow at filming." Junghan told me. I nodded and he pressed his lips against mine.

"Don't you think it's a bit risky?" I asked him.

He stopped and frowned, "What is?" He asked me.

"Us filming the same thing again." I told him.

"No. No one knows about us. No one would link us together. Stop panicking." He reassured me.