Chapter 8 - Who Are You?

Scandal Secret

 

[Mina's POV]

Later that day, I grabbed all my things, I shoved them into suitcases whilst sniffling and wiping my eyes. I looked through my open door to see Hana's bedroom door shut and locked. Was she angry? Was she upset? Disappointed? I bowed my head and continued packing my things. All the things I couldn't fit were put into boxes. As I made my way to the front door, Hana came out of her room. "Hana... please." I begged her.

"Just leave Mina! While I get my head straight." She said as she folded her arms and turned around.

 

"I'll come and collect the boxes tomorrow. You can change the pass code after I've got everything if you want." I said as I dragged my suitcases out the door but before I could finish, the door was slammed shut. I dragged my cases down the stairs one by one. It was raining and I was homeless. "Aish." I grumbled to myself as I walked down the road dragging my cases along.

 

I reached for my phone and the time read 11:52pm. I rolled my eyes and carried on walking down the street. I looked awful; I was soaking wet, all my makeup had smudged from crying, I was homeless and was dragging along two heavy suitcases in the rain at almost midnight. Suddenly one of my suitcases fell sideways, I stopped and turned around to see a wheel laid on the ground which fallen off. I sunk to the ground, hugging my knees.

 

[Junghan's POV]

After coming from Mina and Hana's house, and Hana not allowing me in, telling me Mina has gone to stay somewhere else. I scanned the streets around the area in my car. She wouldn't have gotten far.  "Aish. Song Mina. Where are you..." I said as I hunted around for her. As I pulled down a street, I noticed someone curled up in a ball on the side of the pavement. There was two suitcases either side of them. "Aish. Mina." I pulled up at the side on the road. Jumping out my car, I grabbed a clean gym towel from the boot and ran across to her. The street was deserted luckily. But it wouldn't have bothered me even if the street was packed full of people.

 

"Mina!" I shouted. She didn't respond and just stayed curled up in a ball. As I got to her I picked her up, hugging her tightly. "Yah! Why didn't you ring me! I was worried sick!" I shouted as I flung the towel over her head. She was soaking wet and frozen. "Don't look at me." She grumbled as she looked down.

"Why?" I asked her as I picked her head up.

"I look horrible."

"You never look horrible." I told her as I looked down. She was still in her slippers, she hadn't even put a coat on. She was crying and hugging me tightly. "Come on. You're coming with me. I don't care if someone sees us." I said, grabbing her suitcases and pulling them with my left hand and holding her hand in my right. 

 

As I reached my car, I put her cases in the back and grabbed the blanket I found, wrapping it around her. She got into the passengers seat and I got into the drivers. I drove all the way to my apartment and managed to get us both inside without anyone seeing us or bumping into anyone. It was 1am in the morning so everyone was probably asleep. 

 

I shut the front door behind me and Mina stood there shaking. I smiled at her and bent down, taking off her soaked slippers. I scooped her up and carried her into the bathroom. I put her down and the taps of my bath. After it had filled up, I placed a couple of towels out for her and one of my shirts and tracksuit bottoms then left her alone, shutting the bathroom door behind me. I went into my bedroom and got changed into some dry clothes and sat outside the bathroom door, waiting for her.

 

[Mina's POV]

I sat the bath for a while, cried and just sat in silence for ages. After getting dried, I put on Junghan's clothes which he left out for me. As I exited his bathroom, He was sat by the door and he stood up. "Thank you." I told him as I gave him a tight hug. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly. "I love you." He whispered as he kissed my forehead. "So Hana threw you out?" He asked me. I nodded and rested my head on him. 

"She just asked me to leave, while she gets her head straight." I told him. He rolled his eyes.

"But 11pm at night is ridiculous. Are you hungry?" He asked.

I shook my head, "No. I'm just tired." I told him. He smiled and took my hand, leading me into the room opposite. 

 

I looked around his bedroom. It was all modern and neatly organised, everything was organised on shelves and long curtain draped over the full length windows. His room was minimalist, not cluttered and royal blue accessories gave the room a nice finish. I caught him grinning at me because I was in a trance looking around his room. He lead me to his bed and pulled the blankets back. I got in and he pulled them back. He kissed my forehead and left the room.

 

As time passed, I tossed and turned. I couldn't get to sleep. Sitting up in bed, I put the slippers on which Junghan had laid out for me. I crept out his bedroom and looked around. The room was faintly lit from the early morning sun which was hadn't risen completely. Junghan was asleep on one of the sofas. I walked across to him and sat by him on the floor. "Mina, stay with me." He mumbled in his sleep. I smiled and held his hand. "Mina, don't go." He mumbled again. 

"Aigoo. You're so cute." I whispered to him.

 

[Junghan's POV]

Hearing something, I woke up to find Mina sat on the floor at the side of the sofa, her head was resting on my arm and she was holding my hand. "Oh Mina." I said as I laughed. She heard me and woke up. "Oh. Good morning." She said as she grinned and stood up. I got up and wrapped my arms around her, giving her a back hug. "Can I wake up to your face every morning?" I said to her as I kissed her cheek. She grinned, hiding her face.

 

We stood for a while facing it each other when we heard a buzzing. "What is that?" I asked. Mina looked around and shrugged. "It sounds like a phone..." I said as I pulled my phone out my pocket, but there was nothing. No messages. No calls. I looked up at her and she went to get her phone. She came back and I looked down at her phone in her hand. Her phone was buzzing and someone was calling her. I tilted my head down to look up at her and her eyes lit up. 

 

She quickly answered the call, "Jaewon oppa!" She screamed excitedly. I frowned and opened my mouth wide. Op... Oppa?! "Mina! Where are you? I'm coming to get you! I went to your parents and then I went to Hana's." I heard the guy say on the other end of the phone. I frowned and stared at Mina with my eyes wide. "Oppa? Where are you?" Mina asked him. I stood frowning. Oppa? Oppa? Who is this person? Mina hasn't mentioned him before. "Oppa, you can't come here. I'll come meet you."

"Why can't I come? Song Mina! What are you up to?" I heard the guy shout. I sighed deeply and walked to my kitchen, taking a bottle of water and drinking the whole thing in one. 

 

Mina came through after she had ended her phone call. "Jaewon oppa?" I said. She was smiling happily and nodded. Wow. He must have made her happy. "He's an oppa! I need to go to my parent's house. I'll stay there until Hana calms down." Mina told me.

"But you can stay here..." I whined.

"Junghan. Really? I can't stay here." She said as frowned. I sulked and nodded because I knew she couldn't. 

 

[Mina's POV]

After getting into Junghan's car without being seen, we were both on our way to my parent's house out in the country. "Aish. Why do we have to do this!" Junghan whined as he sped down the motorway. "Because we do, I can't stay with you." I told him. He quickly looked at me, giving me puppy eyes then looked back onto the road. I laughed and he grinned, "Should we run away? I can spin the car around now. Let's go to Europe... or America..." I looked at him with a straight face and he started sulking like a little boy had just broken his toy.

 

Soon we reached my parent's house and Junghan pulled into the cobberly drive. "Woah." Junghan said, amazed as he looked around. My parents had lived in the same house their whole lives, it was an old fashioned farm house surrounded by fields, since my parents sold strawberries, bright red strawberries grew on all the fields around the house. Every summer they would harvest the strawberries and I would come to help them.

 

As Junghan stopped the car, my parents got up from the wooden swing they were sat on which hung on the porch. I jumped out the car and Junghan got out after me. "Got room for a little one?" I shouted and I ran up to them, giving them hugs. They smiled and nodded as this means they will see me more often. "Little one." Junghan sniggered under his breath. I swung around and looked at him, giving him an evil look.

 

[Junghan's POV]

I went and stood beside Mina, greeting her parents and bowing to them politely. "Hello." I said to them as they smiled to me. 

"Oh Mina told us a lot about you!" Her mother said happily.

"Oh really?" I said, turning to look at Mina, grinning cheesily. She quickly looked away as she was embarrassed. 

"I never knew you were coming as well, thank you for helping! Let me go make lunch whilst you bring in Mina's things." Her mother said before quickly disappearing into the house. The rest of us walked over to my car and I opened the boot and the doors.

 

"Mina!~" I heard shouting and screaming from the distance. We all stopped what we were doing and turned around. Suddenly, a tall guy ran up to us and grabbed Mina in his arms, hugging her tightly and spinning her around. Her father had already disappeared inside with a box. I stood with my mouth and eyes wide open watching him spin her around. Mina had clutched him tightly. What are they doing? Who is this? Jaewon? I turned around and frowned to myself, pulling a face. "Oppa! I've missed you!" Mina cried out. I swung around and pulled a face at them.