Chapter 2 - First Encounter

Scandal Secret

21 Years Later...

 

[Mina's POV]
Holding my backpack straps tightly, I wandered into the unusual place. "Are you here for the filming?"
"Ah. Ne, I'm the stunt actress" I nervously said as I bowed politely. 
"Go over there, you'll share a changing room with the extras" The staff member ahjusshi said as he pointed down a corridor. I bowed again and followed where he pointed. Making my way down a corridor, I quickly turned a corner, keeping my eyes on my watch. I'll be late at this rate, where do I go? Suddenly, my face hit something and my top started to get wet. "Oh! Omo!" I heard. I looked up to find Choi Junghan stood with a mug half full of a coffee. Yes, the other half was down my front.

 

"Oh! Chesonghamnida!" I cried out as I bowed politely. 
"Yah! Why are you saying sorry, I'm not the one with coffee down my front. Are you ok, is it burning?" He asked me, worried. I shook my head and bowed again before rushing off down the corridor, embarrassed. "Song Mina!" I heard shout out as I ran through the door. I bowed and quickly rushed to the back of the room. I was surrounded by other people who had been chosen as extras for the drama. The staff member ahjusshi rolled his eyes and ticked my name off.

 

As everyone was changing, I threw my wet top which was covered in coffee into my bag. It was a white top which had gone see-through and stained a weird beige colour due to the coffee. Great. "Some people need to learn to get here on time" I heard a girl say behind me. I could feel the daggers I was getting from the group of girls behind me.
"Excuse me?" I said, as I put on my outfit.
"Well you come in late and with your top covered in coffee!"
"Well I'm sorry for bumping into someone and getting covered in coffee. I didn't realise it affected you so badly." The girls gave me a dirty look and walked out of the dressing room. I rolled my eyes and finished getting changed. 

 

Soon everyone was gathered and all of us who were in the background, were told where to stand and what to do. Soon the leads of the drama entered. Choi Junghan was one of the male leads, he noticed me stood at the back and smiled. "Oh my god! Did you just see that, Junghan Oppa smiled at me!" The girl from earlier squealed. If only you knew... if only. The filming quickly started and I did everything I was meant to do, I had gone through how I was meant to act about a hundred times.

 

After the filming ended, everyone walked back to the changing rooms to get changed and go home. "Well done girls! We all did a great job! Apart from that one... where did they even find her? On a street or something?" The girl from earlier said. Not going to even stop? I rolled my eyes and carried on changing. I had to put my top back on from earlier, which was still damp and stained. "Not going to fight back this time?" I heard the girl say behind me. She sniggered then walked out.

 

"Oh! Junghan Oppa!" I heard her squeal as she got outside. I finished getting changed and hung my outfit back up. "Is a girl in there with long brown hair in a side plait thing? She may have a stained top?" I heard Junghan say. 
"Oh, her. She went ages ago!" The girl said back. I sniggered and walked out from behind her, I smiled at Junghan and bowed to greet him. The girl rolled her eyes and walked down the corridor. "Aish. Your top. Come with me." Junghan said as grabbed my wrist and pulled me along. 

 

The set was empty and everyone else had gone home apart from him. "Will this do?" He asked me as he held up a hoodie in front of me.
"It's fine, thank you. My top has dried." 
"But it is stained."
"It is fine. It was my fault."
"No. I'm not letting you leave." He took my backpack off my back and passed me the hoodie. I put it on whilst he held my backpack, "Thank you." 
"No problem." He said as he passed my backpack bag to me. He then grabbed both ends of the hoodie zip and zipped it up. I smiled and put my backpack on my back.

 

"Do you live far?" Junghan asked me as we walked down the corridor.
"No, not far." 
"Really?" 
"Yes. My friend own a shop which we live above. Only a twenty minute walk."
"Let me take you home, it's the least I can do."
"No no no. I can walk." I insisted but he didn't take no for an answer. Grabbing my wrist, he leaded me to the underground car park. "Luckily, I'm using my manager's car today," He said, putting on a black cap and some sunglasses. "Get in." He told me as he got into the driver's side. I reached for the car door and got inside.

 

"So, what shop does your friend own?" He asked as we were stuck in traffic.
"Chilled desserts and ice cream."
"Woah, really! I'll have to pop in sometime." I sniggered and he looked across at me smiling. Soon he pulled up by the back entrance of my friend's shop. "Thank you for the ride." I said as I got out of the car, I ped the hoodie and started to take it off. 
"Yah!"
"What?"
"Keep it. I'll see you tomorrow!" He said as he closed the passenger's door from his side and sped off. I smiled, zipping the hoodie back up. I clambered up the steps to the front door at the top of the building, my friend, Hana sat on the sofa, facing the door.

 

"Who was that?" She asked me.
"Who?" 
"That guy who just dropped you off. Don't lie. I saw him."
"He didn't..."
"Yah! Song Mina! Do you like him?"
"You could say that." I said as I ran into the bathroom, Hana chased after me but before she could open the door, I had already locked it. "Yah! Song Mina! Minaaaa!" She screamed, banging on the door.

 

I leaned against the sink and looked down at the hoodie. I am wearing Choi Junghan's hoodie. Choi. Jung. Han. Hallyu star, Choi Junghan. What is this? This has never happened before... I've been an extra in many dramas before... but I haven't even spoken to any of the leads before... I looked around my bathroom wide eyed and confused. "Aigoo. I need to sleep" I said to myself as I shook my head repeatedly. 

 

[Junghan's POV]
As I drove back from taking the girl, I thought about things. Aish! I didn't get her name! She would be back tomorrow for filming, right? Wait. What am I doing... I'm an actor. I shouldn't be doing this.. I slammed my hand down on the steering wheel and breathed heavily. "Junghan. Why. Why." I repeated to myself as I continued to drive. There was something about this girl. Something that I liked. I need to see her again...