Guardian angels.

Beautiful angel

Thought # 5.

"There are people who just want to protect you.
Make you feel better when something is wrong.
Their love for you is as big as their desire to make you smile.

Everyday, every hour, every moment they will be there for you.

Because they love you.
Because they want to protect you.

And they will be there like guardian angels."

It was very selfish of me to think for a second that i was alone in this big city. I had Sam and Danny, although they couldn't be here and I hadn't bothered to call them. I was sure that they would make a big fuss about this, considering they were one hundred percent in favor of this marriage. But I had Jinwoo too and he was close to me. He didn't seem to be in favor or against marriage, so be on neutral ground would play in my favor if no one pressed me to talk about just what happened. He didn't ask because i didn't tell him: but he just guessed it. However, he didn't insist on knowing what happened, and he just waited until I was ready to talk to him. As always, he waited for me to be ready to talk.

Crossing the street of the university, there was a nice little cafe that was frequented mostly by college students. A large glass window from the floor to ceiling let in the evening light, the walls painted sky blue conveyed a sense of peace, and the chairs and tables painted in colors gave happiness to the place. We were sitting in the corner near the big window, and my head was resting against Jinwoo's shoulder. I could see people walking on the sidewalk: perhaps returning home from work or going to meet someone, and maybe, they had a life less complicated than mine now.

I the phone as i did every 10 minutes and confirmed that i had hundreds of calls from Onew and the boys. 

Line chat group was filled with messages from EXO. This only happened after some of their presentations, because we discussed how they had fared. I smiled to myself when I reread the group name; EXO - J. The boys had won my heart with that, because I appreciated that they considered me their friend. 

Baek's photo appeared with new messages... again.

Mr. Byun - Yah! Are you not going to asnwer me?

Mr. Byun - S.O.S or any sign of smoke.

Mr. Byun - Exo Planet calling Juliette from wherever you are.

Then when he got tired to ask nicely, he sent an angry face.

Channie - Yah! Stop insisting... Are You There, Juliette?

Suho omma - Stop you two! She'll talk when she's ready... and hopefully soon T-T

Chen - Hey! Juliette is online ^^

Sehun - Noona ~!

Julie - Where is D.O and why he is not sending me a troop of Brown bear stickers? and where is our LayLoveUnicorns, Xiumin and the others? I think this is the first time we are not all together.

Chen - They went to buy a "please stay" gift for you.

Mr. Byun - Juliette Hamilton, how dare you do this to me?

Channie - Don't you mean "us"?

Mr. Byun - No.

Chen - Rude.

 Sehun sent a sticker of a kitten with the letters "friends forever"

Suho omma - Good work, maknae ^^

Channie - Why Lay is the only one with a great user?

Chen - That seems great to you .-.?

Suho omma - I think it shows his true self.

Mr. Byun - A very strange being ... LOL.

Julie - Your level of concentration is amazing, guys.

Chen - We are trying to make you laugh!

Mr. Hyun - TT ^ TT Don't go out of my sight ~!

Channie - Why do you want to break D.O's heart? - Singing like D.O - You are my one and only beautiful butterfly ~.

Suho omma - Even if the world ends, i'll follow you ~.

Chen - Can I sing it in Chinese TT-TT?

Sehun sent a sticker of the dancing bear.

Julie - ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Juliette left the conversation.  

I turned off the phone and turned my attention to the real-life conversation.

"So... are we ready for another trip to the mountains?" Shin, Jinwoo's best friend was the first nice person I met since I moved in here. His black hair like coal fall over his forehead, and it gently moved when he laughed, like now. "What do you say, Juliette? Or do you have to discuss it with your fiance?"

The first day of college I only met girls who were against the marriage, until I met Shin and his girlfriend, Minha. They were the kindest people there, although I also got good friends there who supported me and the marriage, but they were the closest people to me thanks to Jinwoo.

I laughed sarcastically.

"I don't have to discuss anything with anyone."

"Excellent." He smiled, sliding his arm around his girlfriend. "in a few weeks starts the autumn break, this season is almost over and is perfect to get away from the city."

"We could walk in the woods." Minha smiled.

Jinwoo gave me a little push with his shoulder and smiled at me while they talked.

"Why do I feel that we will be ignored? This young couple is going to ignore us when we get there."

"Because we will." I giggled.

"But It would be the perfect opportunity for you to take pictures. Don't you think?"

I smiled and nodded to him; I hadn't held my camera in days, which was a big change for me.

"But to be serious, Julie." Shin frowned thoughtfully. "Can you come with us? In a few weeks you'll be married."

I played with the hem of my sweater under the table. While the bus drove away from the company, I was away from all uncomfortable conversation with Onew about what happened with Luna. Also, my own actions confused myself, and i had questions i couldn't answer. Why i didn't refuse to do this? How did I let this happen? I had rebelled against everything my parents demanded me but not to this. So, how I came to accept something that would define my life, something that would guide my life in the opposite direction that I wanted it to be?

"Excuse me." Jinwoo got up when his phone rang, walking away from here. 

"That doesn't change anything." I said. "I will continue to be me, the only different will be my last name."

"And from that day, you will be a married woman." Shin laughed.

"And you will have a partner for life." Minha sighed happily. "That is so romantic."

"Yeah. Sure..." I stammered awkwardly, just as Jinwoo sat down to look at me seriously through his curious eyes. "What?"

"Is there something you want to tell me, Hamilton?"

"Uh! I think you're in trouble, Juls." Shin chuckled.

I rolled my eyes at him and looked back at Jinwoo.

"Not that I know, Jo. Can you tell me what happened?" 

Jinwoo sighed, the weight of his body falling on the back of the chair.

"You need to explain to me why I have a voice mail from Key. I think, and i'm just guessing, they are trying to find you. Perhaps he mentioned that he called you a hundred times and you didn't asnwer his calls or s' calls. He's worried, they are worried..." Jinwoo tilted his head slightly. "What happened, Juls?"

I growled quietly. I was going to be 24 years old. What did they think it was going to happen to me?

"What trouble you got into now, Hamilton?" Jinwoo shook his head as he chuckled. He took a piece of chocolate cake from the plate in front of me and brought it to my mouth. "Come on, I'll take you home now. You all need to fix whatever is happening, right now."

I swallowed; It was time to go back anyways.

–––––– BEAUTIFUL ANGEL ––––––

Jinwoo and I walked the block that was needed to reach the building, and the theme of the day was still floating in the air around us as we keep moving through the good day. While shortening the distance, I could see how people look at me on the street; maybe it was my pink hair that caught the eye, (Although people had colored hair in Korea) or maybe it was because I am the daughter of a businessman and an idol's future wife. I hadn't touched the issue not because i didn't trust Jinwoo but because I didn't want to think about Luna again. It wasn't because of him, because he was my best friend in the world, but talk about what happened was talking about the marriage too and the lack of trust between Onew and me, and that made me think about a situation that had no solution. 

"What are you going to do, Juls?"

"Nothing." I shrugged as I took my phone out of my jeans' pocket. I should turn it on and listen to the messages I had. "I will avoid Luna for her own good."

I slid the message list, but just then  my phone rang, so I unlocked and answered.

"Hi, Key."

"Juliette Hamilton, you'd better come home now!" Key shouted, forcing me to put the phone away from my ear.

"Ouch!" Jinwoo chuckled at the grimace i did.

"Yah, Key, relax. It is not as if something was going to happen to me. I am a little girl now?"

"What?! Listen, Hamilton, you'd better come home before i..." Suddenly, his voice was far away. "Yah! I have not finished talking to her."

"Do you think that's the way to make her come here?" Minho said, then I heard his voice clearly through the phone. "Juliette, can you come home? Please? We are concerned for you and we just want to see you're okay."

I was surprised by his way of talking to me, so soft, as if he knew me for years. But I was surprised by the way Key spoke to me, as straight-talking as if we knew each other for years, too. 

We arrived at the building and went up the steps towards the entrance. 

"I don't know. The idea of ​​being scolded or punished is not tempting."

"If you come back now, the punishment will be for Onew hyung." MinHo's voice was replaced by Jong's while Jinwoo opened the door of the building. "Do you like the idea?"

"Noona, we just want to know you're okay, please!" 

As Jinwoo pressed the button on the wall to call the elevator, I realized how worried they were for me.

"Thank you, Tae, that's very sweet of you all. And tell Key that I'm taking the elevator before he has a heart attack. See you there. Okay? Bye."

I hung up, I pressed the button on the 5th floor and the doors closed in front of us.

"So..." Jinwoo leaned against the wall of the elevator and gave me a friendly smile.

"So?" I chuckled. "I'll pretend that nothing happened."

"Are you going to talk to Onew?"

"I'll pretend that nothing happened."

The doors opened and we walked from the hall to the apartment. Onew apparently wasn't at home because there were only 4 guys, where an angry face was waiting for me as I reached his dorm on the end of the hallway.

"You and I will talk later, Juliette Hamilton." Key looked at me seriously.

Minho gave him a brief push to out of the way, he came to me and patted my shoulder.

"We're glad you're okay, Juliette."

Jonghyun nodded.

"But please, don't ever do that to us again. We were so worried."

"Hyung, thank you for bring noona home." Tae smiled to Jinwoo.

"You're welcome, Taemin. I wasn't going to let anything happen to her either." He smiled, looking at his wrist watch. "I have to go..." and then, he opened his arms in my direction. "Come here."

And although I didn't like hugs, I got into his arms. His hugs always made me feel protected, like a shield around me.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you more." I said.

He kissed my hair and held me there a few seconds, and I remembered my brother doing this to me, too. However, when he let me go, we saw Onew to a few steps from us. I looked away, because Onew was too good, and when he thought he acted badly, that seemed to fall on his shoulders tightly, and everything was reflected in his eyes. It was almost like reprimanding a puppy.

"Take care, Juls." Jinwoo gave me an affectionate squeeze to my wrist and he walked to Onew, stopping at his side. "If she's going to be your wife, you better learn to trust her."

I was surprised, not because he sounded protective of me, because he had always been: I was surprised by the tone he uttered those words. Onew looked at him in silence, eyes fixed on him. Seconds later, Jinwoo disappeared down the hall to the elevator.

"I was the only one or someone else felt the tension?" Jonghyun giggled.

I smiled out of politeness, but he was right, so I entered the apartment toward the room. I didn't know what to do now. I could not exaggerate like this and act as ice princess with him if i didn't tell him everything that happened with me and Luna, but deep inside of me, i knew i was upset with him because he didn't trust me at all. But why would he trust me? He didn't know me, but I wanted him to know that I wasn't lying.

"Angel..." Onew took my wrist stopping me in the middle of the hallway, his voice sounding sad.

I turned to him, ready to end the conversation before it started. I was about to ask why he didn't believe in what I said, but i wouldn't embarrass me like that.

"Listen, Onew, you'd better pretend nothing happened and go on with our lifes."

"That's not a solution, angel. Please, let's talk about what happened. Okay? I'm sorry. Please tell me you're okay. I'm really sorry, but please don't end this."

"Do you realize you said please 3 times?" I said, great way to change the subject.

"They were not enough? Please, angel, don't do this."

"Me?" I laughed surprised. "I was not the one who doubted of the person that you will share your life with." I pressed my lips, feeling like a fool. "Listen, you don't have to worry so much if I'm okay, Onew. I'm not the strongest person in the world, but I'm sure I'm not the weakest either."

"Please, angel. Can I get a chance to fix this?"

"Do I have a choice?" I said sarcastically. "Even if I want it, this will not end. Pretended I never said what I said, you'll feel at peace so I can end this conversation."

I yanked my wrist and he let me go. I walked back to the living room, it was not a good idea to be in the room with him.

"Why do you run to him if something happens?"

I stopped and watched the guys in the living room. The TV was not on.

"Is this a trick question?" I turned around, Onew was going the wrong way. "First, I don't run into anyone, I'm not a child. Second, did you expect me to run to you and ask you to trust me? I think you left it clear on which side you are, and you know what? It's okay, Luna is your friend from years. Same with Jinwoo, so don't wonder why I go to him when something happens."

Onew was silent a few seconds.

"I'm sorry, angel." He whispered. "I'm really sorry."

I was ungry because he didn't argue with me. Maybe we needed to tell us the things that bothered us, maybe I needed to tell him the things that bothered me. This was the same thing when I was with some fan of his: they were not sorry even if they were wrong. So I didn't know how to react to this. When someone began a discussion, I had to finish it.

"Stop it, Onew. I said it was better to pretend that nothing happened."

"But I want to fix the problem, angel."

I bit my lips, in my mind there was no way to fix this.

"Stop!" Key stood up and got into our midst. "As I see it, this conversation will never end. There, it happened, hyung relied only on what he saw. He deserves a good punch and everyone here knows it. But perhaps the answer is not talking about what happened, but know things about each other better for that not to happen again."

We all stared at him in silence.

"That's the smartest thing you've said." Jonghyun said, and the others nodded.

Key rolled his eyes and took our wrists. Before we can say something he crawled us down the hall to the room.

"Wait here." And he disappeared down the hall to his room. We stood there without moving.

Key began to show his more diva and bossy side. Seconds later he appeared holding Commedes in his arms and with a bone toy.

"Here." He put the puppy in my arms and i smiled without help myself, puppies just made me happy.

"Where is Garcons? And why Commedes was in your room?"

"With my parents. And he was in the room because our baby should not listen to his parents fighting."

"What?" Onew and I asked. When we hear our voices, we looked at each other confused.

"You're his mom now. The boys and I have something to do outside. Do not leave the room until you know more of each other. I will warn you, I want to see some progress when I return. And take care of our baby."

He made us go inside the room, and he slammed the door shut.

"Bossy..." I whispered and walked to the bed. I left Commedes on it and sat with my legs one over the other: the puppy lay in bed with his front legs stretched and the toy in the mouth.

Onew sat on the other side watching him play for a moment.

"Just one thing. Tell me something I should know about you." 

There were many things I could tell him, good and bad. Secrets I would be able to confess only to him, just because I felt he was a trusted person.

"I'm someone who people call cold." 

He laughed softly, pushing those words out as if they were not true.

"You're not that even if you want. And only people who think they know you have that concept of you." He sighed, suddenly exhausted. "Just one thing, angel."

I sighed too, but perhaps Key was right. Perhaps we shouldn't talk about what happened this afternoon, because we knew the answer. Maybe we should just work on our confidence, so I stood up and walked to the shelf above the desk. Here, among my books it was what could be one of the few things I considered important in my life. It was something that could reflect who i was, and at the same time was something that put in evidence what i have inside. I took the photo album and I sat down on the bed. The photographs were to show, but mine served just to remember the good times.

I pushed the photo album towards him. Which was written at the top "My adventure book."

"Really, angel?"

I nodded. 

Onew took the cover and began to carefully review each photo. Each one brought a smile to his face. During university holidays, i traveled because of the family businesses. It was the time where i took photographs. I always preferred the natural photographs, those where people could reflect their joy without seeing the camera. Those photographs showing the natural beauty of the world. Which showed their own inner beauty.

"These are beautiful, angel. You have so much talent."

Then he turned the page, and reached the personal photographs.

                               "My bestfriends"

And I felt the need to explain what each picture meant to me.

"Sammy is the one with the light hair. I am in the middle, before i dyed my hair pink." I giggled. "The last is Danielle. We met in kindergarten."

"And you are friends until now." He smiled. "How did it happen?"

"It's a funny story, actually." I laughed at the memory. "The first meeting of the girls was not very pleasant, that day we gathered in groups of three in the drawing class, I don't know how it happened but on Danny's draw fell painting and she accused Sam of having done it. Sam said no, but Danny insisted and ruined the Sam's draw too."

"And what happened?"

"Sammy was about to mourn, so I threw paint on my draw and used my hands to paint the picture that i had; It was... it was a bunny. The girls laughed and they did the same. By the end of the day we had stained clothes, they called our parents and we had new friends. That day I learned something important; you shouldn't always follow others, sometimes..."

I didn't know how to say it, because i hadn't used in my life what I learned.

"Sometimes you can make your own way." Onew finished the sentence. 

There were more photographs, mostly of them.

Each was a throwback to simpler times we spent together. Sammy's older brother, Ryan, was also in this section. And next to him was Jinwoo.

                "Jason Axel Hamilton"

"My brother is 30 years old. And even if he doesn't act as an adult sometimes, he's a wonderful person." I sighed wistfully. Everyday I was going to thank life for letting me see my brother live the experience of being a father. "You do want to see a real angel, Onew?" I looked up and his face was near from mine. Then I realized how close we were, I looked away to the album and pointed to the photos below, where my brother was lying on the sofa in the living room of our house, with Joshua on his chest. "He's an angel. My little Joshua is a real angel."

"When they come to the wedding and i see you hold him, I'll be watching two angels. You love him a lot, right?"

"With all my heart." I responded immediately and laughed. It was really easy to tell how much i loved my nephews.

"Can I ask you a question, angel?" He stared at me. I nodded, and i hoped it was not very personal. "If you could change architecture for photography, would you do it?"

There was a time when I thought about it, but the life that I have now was the end of the story about my career choices.

"My brother refused to inherit the companies because that was not his passion. He wanted to be a writer and we support him, and then we were two, but..."

I didn't know how to continue, because the answer involved to my little brother in the story. I didn't recognize the sadness in my voice, but I guess Onew did, because his hand took mine holding it tightly.

Every word, every touch, gave me a feeling that I didn't want to feel.

"Can we move on?"

The following sections were about my grandparents, my parents, my nana. Then came mine, it was something that Sam and Danny made me do.

                      "Juliette Ariel Hamilton"

I suddenly felt ashamed.

"Can we just...?" I tried to turn the page, but Onew held my hand.

"The day of our wedding, I will kiss you, angel." He looked up, and silently took his hand to my face and my cheek. "Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but at some point in our lives, I promise I will make you fall in love with me."

That meant he was in love with me? Before attempting to answer, he pulled his hand away and returned to album. My heart raced at his words and because he had just to turn the page.

                  "Jeremy Alexander Hamilton"

Unknowingly, we had been destined to be together from day 1. When I was a child, I never understood what being a twin meant, but I just felt it in me. In the way he moved, I could feel him, in the way he spoke, I recognized his voice anywhere, like a feeling that was born with us and that kept us together for so many years.

"You know he's my twin, right?" My lip trembled. We had spent years being able to feel what the other felt, and then we broke that bond.

But until today I wonder if he could still feel me.

"I know." He said in a whisper. "You two have the same kitty smile."

I chuckled, I had heard that since forever.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

I shook my head.

"It's funny, right? My father fell in love with the person wearing the same initial than him. And their children use the same too. John, Jill, Jason, Juliette, Jeremy."

"We can have our own family too."

I didn't know how, but this time between us had become intimate, private. He had gone from being an outsider, to be someone who could know everything about me just by looking at these pages. But we had gone from being strangers to be almost best friends. The change had been too fast and abrupt. I looked away and i see Commedes and the beautiful life he had; he was the baby of someone who loved him very much, he was lucky enough to be near someone famous like Key but Commedes doesn't know it. He only cared to be fed and loved by someone.

"Do you think our kids will want to have a dog someday?"

I let out a nervous laugh; fortunately, I heard the apartament's door. Until this moment I realized that an hour had passed.

"Juliette!" Key shouted with singsong voice. I assumed that he wasn't mad at me anymore."Juliette!"

Onew and I walked out of the room into the hallway. Key was hiding something and made me nervous. But then we saw the boys in the room, with Jinwoo. Now i was sure that Onew didn't like his presence... and that the feeling was mutual between the two of them.

"I just came to let someone. After that I'm leaving, but this is for you, little one." Jinwoo smiled at me and then, he looked at the door. "You can come in now."

My heart raced when Sammy came into the apartament. She came to me and into my arms. When we pull apart, she had a bright smile on her beautiful face.

She stepped back and extended her hand to me.

"My name is Samantha Cooper, Miss Hamilton." She giggled. "And I'll be your wedding planner."

My mouth dropped.

"Really?"

"Yeah, girl. Besides, best friends should be together at times like this. We could say that to Danny when she finally comes."

"Surprise!" Shouted Key, Minho, Jonghyun and Taemin.

"And we brought chocolate cake to celebrate this meeting." Jong smiled proud.

I giggled still holding Sam's hand.

"I left my job because it didn't let me spend time with people i love. Too much travel for me. And Onew helped me to find another, in their company, that's why i'm here right now."

That was a surprise.

He not only care about me but my family too.

 I love you.

... my little angel.

I was barely able to look into his tender eyes... but i have to do it, so i looked at him.

"Thank you." I said.

He smiled.

And this day didn't end as bad as thought it would. 


Hello, angels.
The sixth chapter is ready and i hope you like it.

Thank you very much to all readers who like "Beautiful angel"

Bye!