Moonlight Kiss.

Beautiful angel

Thought # 9.

 "When you have someone by your side;

sometimes love just comes, other time you have to building it, and sometimes it never comes.

If it arrives, the real love will last forever.

If it's built, first you like him, then you fall in love, and eventually you love someone with all your heart.

If not arrive, we hope to find the right person.

In any of the three, it is the fate who decides."

Like those days at the beach and enjoying the sun on vacation, the air around me felt hot. But even on my mind recently awakened by the chirping of birds in a lazy morning, I could still know why. I inhaled deeply the hot air for the last time and opened my eyes. I exhaled and removed the blanket that covered us completely to breathe the cold spring air. In the silence that reigned in my living room, sunlight was filtered through the cristal doors. Behind me, Jinki moved slightly in the small space in the sofa and continued to sleep, ignoring any discomfort he might felt. His arm rested on my waist in a loose grip and it moved by reflex.

My phone rang on the floor and I took it; it was a video call from my grandfather. I accepted the call and i saw my 4 year old baby holding a teddy bear against his chest, and his disheveled hair fell in a totally adorable way on his forehead.

"Hi baby. How did you sleep?" I got up on one elbow. "You know how to use the phone now? Did your dad wake up?"

"No yet. I think the change time affected him a little... or that was what grandpa said."

"I said that!" My grandpa said from somewhere in the kitchen.

Julian laughed and his long hair moved from side to side. 

"Grandpa says he will make breakfast... for you, for me, for your friends, and for Uncle Onew. Grandpa says my dad has hands to do it by himself."

"I didn't say that!"

I chuckled.

"Uncle Onew. Eh? "I smiled mischievously. "Who says he is?"

"He said that, daddy too, and mom and grandpha---"

"I said that!"

"Aunt Julie... Are you sleeping with someone?" Julian pointed to the blanket, and I felt like the girl being caught doing a mischief.

At my side, Jinki laughed softly.

"No. What are we going to eat?"

"What do you want?"

"Bacon... a lot." I giggled. "And pancakes."

"And we could put strawberries and chocolate! Do you think uncle Onew would like that?"

"I know he will. Don't eat anything until I get there. See you soon, baby."

Julian said goodbye and ended the call.

"He's a very intelligent boy, and speaks very well for his age." Jinki said, his voice low and husky. "What did you do?"

I lay on my stomach.

"Why do you think I did something?"

Jinki laughed softly.

"So?"

"I did nothing, it was he. His mother had a difficult pregnancy with Joshua, and we lived in the same house, so I took care of Julian... I used to read aloud, and I guess that helped."

"I think that's beautiful, angel."

"Thank you."

He looked at me and I did too. Deep down, we knew that our silence could speak and tell more than words. I closed my eyes as his hand my cheek; everything felt so calm, correct, that i wanted to stay there in his arms, when i could feel his cologne and his essence that felt like home. With him, I could forget everything around me.

"Jinki... Why is your arm around my waist?"

"There was no other place where to put it, angel." He chuckled.

My heart felt calm because my bracelet was back where it belonged, and it was all thanks to him.

FLASHBACK.

There were times when she thought she hadn't lived long enough yet. There were times when she felt she hadn't had great experiences, some great memories that someday she could tell. But at the same time and right now, she felt she had lived more years than she had. 

Now she had Jinwoo too.

Origami birds with an unseen thread hung from the ceiling of Jinwoo's room, and lying in bed with their legs dangling from the edge, they both saw them dancing gently with the breeze coming through the open window.

"I remember that I hung up some like them in my room... in Manhattan."

"We should talk about what happened, Juls?"

"I'm thinking about doing more of them."

"Juliette---"

"I know." She sighed. "But what's the point? Besides..." Juliette bit her lip, because she didn't know how to talk about feelings. "I just want you to know that, no matter what or where we are, I'll always love you."

The calm shone Jinwoo's eyes.

"That makes me feel better, Julie, you have no idea how much." He leaned on his left side. His heart was racing, but it was for that sense of peace knowing that they had not lost their friendship. "But... Don't you want to know how it happened? Or why?"

"I can't understand why, Jinwoo. I mean... look at me: I'm not the nicest person in the world."

She leaned on her right side. Jinwoo laughed and held her gaze.

"The problem is that you don't see what I do. You may sometimes be rebellious, but has never been a shallow person, Julie, and when you learn to see the beauty inside you, you'll understand why I fell in love with you." He sighed. "Does that make me a bad friend?"

"No." Juliette shook her head. "You, either in this life or the next, couldn't be a bad friend."

"I'm glad." He smiled. "And now... what will happen to us?"

"This won't cause a break in our relationship. You're not going to get rid of me." She giggled. "Go and study what you've always wanted, strive a lot and be what you always wanted to be, and I'll be more proud of you."

"I can never thank you enough. You were very brave, you did what I could never have done; defend something that you believe in."

"I knew that be stubborn would help someday." She laughed watching her wristwatch.

"You have to go now?"

"Yes, I think so. Are you sure you will not come?"

She looked at him hoping to change his mind. If he said yes, they could spend the day together as in those school days. With Sammy, Danny, Sam's brother: Ryan, and Jeremy's best friend; Ethan.

"No. I promised dad i would help in the company until I go to Paris. Besides, spending time together is good for us."

"I'll call you later then. The boys will go after the wedding, so we have to go out at least one time. Okay?"

"Okay."

"All right. I'm going now." Juliette got up on one elbow, she leaned over him and kissed his cheek making an exaggerated sound.

She pulled away laughing.

"Thanks for that." He said, running a hand over his cheek.

Juliette jumped out of bed, grabbing her backpack and walked to the door.

"Julie."

"Yes?" She turned around. Jinwoo was already seated.

"I love you."

"I love you more."

And she left.

 –––––– BEAUTIFUL ANGEL ––––––

Juliette relaxed in the chair and keep watching herself in the small mirror on the desk. 

"Juliette?" By the reflection of the mirror, she saw Jonghyun standing at the door. "Can i come in?"

"Of course." She smiled.

He walked toward her and leaned back against the desk.

"How did it go with Jinwoo?"

"Better than expected."

Jong smiled and turned, looking to the pictures that she hung up on the wall.

"Family is forever, Juliette." He looked at the photo taken last Christmas with her mother and brother. "It is they who teach us the first and most important kind of love."

She watched the happiness of those distant days.

"Family is forever... but it is their love, Jong?"

Jong had his own family problems, but nobody knew more than he ever said.

"Your brother's love is. There are loves that do last forever. Find that person, Julie, and ever let him go."

She smiled softly, almost laughing inside. 

"I know that... he won't disappoint me, Jong."

"He won't. I know it." He replied cheerfully, as if her answer would have suddenly illuminated him. "And I can promise you that."

"Promise what?"

Jinki stood at the door.

"I don't know what you're talking about, hyung. I didn't promise anything to Juliette." Jong winked at her. "And now I'm leaving."

When he left, Juliette knew she had been lucky to know more about Jong, more than his beautiful voice and funny jokes.

"Should I be worried?" Jinki stood beside her.

"Of course not. What are you doing this afternoon anyways?"

His eyes narrowed.

"Are you asking me to go with you?"

"Yes. Are you coming?"

"Of course."

She liked the idea of ​​presenting him to her friends. Jinki was already part of her life. They should see more than each other; ask, know, understand.

"Well. Shall we go?" Onew smiled and offered his arm like a gentleman.

–––––– BEAUTIFUL ANGEL ––––––

"Nice to meet you, Onew."

Ryan shook hands with Jinki when he and Juliette came to bowling. Their place was in the last tables, because Sam hoped it would give them some space. Ryan was 27, and his very soft blue eyes expressing brotherly love that he felt for his sister's best friend.

"The pleasure is mine." He smiled.

Jinki noted that protective instinct in the way he looked at her. He liked it, because after all, he wanted his angel to feel protected.

"Jinki, this is Ethan." Juliette say next to the young man with unruly hair and brown eyes.

Ethan and Jeremy were best friends too. They didn't know who really Onew was, and in their minds, he was the guy she wanted to marry with.

"Nice to meet you, Onew, the girls speak a lot of you."

"Nice to meet you, Ethan."

Before playing, they all sat down to eat. The round table was filled with jokes that were not made to be separated so long.

"I hope this will not be a nuisance to you, Onew." Ethan leaned forward and put his hands on the table. "I can't imagine how difficult it must be that everyone looks at you."

"You get used to it. Beside, I am also a person like them, so I want my outings with friends too and take my girl to where she wants to go."

The table was filled with sighs from the girls.

"That sounds good, bro." Ryan had a Big Brother essence that Onew had noticed. "Our little Julie deserves the best."

"Our little Julie." Jinki smiled at her.

"She's not so little now that she is getting married." Ethan said, looking at her fondly.

He had also lost a great friend, but seeing her was like watching Jeremy; that smile was the same. The twins had gentle eyes and sweet looks for those who they loved. She had his essence.

"Hey, be careful. The fiance could be jealous." Sam chuckled.

Juliette laughed softly to downplay the issue.

"You are, Onew?" Danny asked.

Jinki looked at Juliette for a moment. There were more than he showed himself to the world. There were things he would only share with her.

"With Juliette I discovered that I am."

"With so many guys in your workplace, don't expect they not fall in love with her." Ethan said.

"It would be like stopping the rain with your hands." Sam laughed.

"Obviously I am so adorable that happens often." Juliette replied sarcastically.

"Oh, baby, you're adorable." Sammy pinched her cheek gently. "You are like cotton candy."

"That's so cheesy." Ryan laughed. "But so true."

"That's not true." Juliette said to Jinki. "Don't believe it. Is not true."

But Jinki smiled.

"It's too late for that, angel."

The boys were pleased to see how the couple acted. But they didn't bother to pretend, because Juliette felt good with him.

After eating something the game had started, with full stomachs a sense of competition was born. Neither Ryan nor Juliette interested in winning or lose, but when Juliette's turn came, suddenly she was nervous to make her team lose. It was easier to play alone and not feel the pressure to keep up with the others, because after all she was not the best in bowling.

"I don't want to do it." She laughed nervously and turned away.

Jinki was about to say something to make her feel better until Ryan stood up, but sat back down.

"I think that's your call." He chuckled.

Jinki walked toward her, he stood behind her and wrapped his arms around her to hold the ball and help with the weight. She laughed to herself.

"Angel, you can do it." His left hand grabbed the ball and guided it back and forth. "Take your weight as you do it, so it will be easier to gain speed. Try to do it in the center of the track without miss a beat. The ball will gain power and it will be easier take down the pines. Do you understand?"

Juliette looked over her left shoulder and nodded. Jinki's nose touched her hair when he kissed it.

"Just do your best."

Maybe that would have distracted Juliette. But contrary and though she already knew, she liked the feeling produced in her stomach when Jinki showed her he had faith in her, even for the simplest things.

–––––– BEAUTIFUL ANGEL ––––––

They could not ignore that they would always be under the gaze of the world. But the celebration would continue no matter where, and the little party moved to Juliette's house. Her friends slept in the guests rooms, so they could have hours and hours of conversation in a completely relaxed atmosphere. Juliette sat in the middle of the couch, Jinki on the right and Sam on the left. In front of them, Ryan sat on the couch, next to Ethan and Danny. After awhile, they decided to play truth or dare.

"Let's see." Ryan leaned back in his seat. "Let's start with an easy, Sam. If we were in a scary movie. Who would die first?"

The curious eyes rested on Sam, who looked at everyone as well.

"Me!" She laughed merrily. "I'm the kind of person who would die first if i get confused or i ran in the wrong way."

"Ow, that's not true, Sammy." Danny said with sympathetic eyes. "Or maybe it is."

"Okay. Okay. "Sammy lifted his hands to stop the joke and looked at Juliette when she chose truth. "Danny, if you had to choose between saving the two people who are at your side or $ 100,000,000. What would you choose?"

"Can you say the number again?" Danielle laughed when Ryan looked at her indignantly.

It was Danny's turn and Ethan chose truth.

"Ethan, did you like someone who already dating someone else?"

He chuckled, finishing with a deep sigh.

"Yes, i did."

"It's not me. Right? Because that would be..." Danny said to distract the attention that had been created between the only couple in the room and the boy with the unruly hair.

His gaze was too deep for Jinki to ignore it. Juliette had always been skeptical to the idea that someone could be in love with her, but maybe it was the same with Jinki and Luna, maybe she couldn't see Ethan's love. Perhaps she hadn't wanted to see it.

The game continued and Jinki was the first to choose dare.

"You have to kiss Juliette in front of everyone."

Danny opened in disbelief.

Jinki looked at Juliette under the gaze of others, wondering if it was Okay to do it just to prove to Ethan that he could. But he wasn't the kind of person who did what others wanted. Or maybe Jinki could take this as an excuse. She wanted him to, but not as a challenge. She didn't want that a kiss were a courage test. Juliette wanted it to be the proof of something they could be.

But Jinki pressed his lips against her cheek.

"Owww." Sammy was the happiest. 

Later, her friends' eyes began to close and the bodies felt heavy with the alcohol they had drunk. What they needed most now was a good sleep. When Jinki and Juliette were about to leave, Ryan approached them.

"Don't let her play with your mind, Onew. Juliette knows how to get what she wants." Jinki laughed as Juliette pushed Ryan. "It is true. Remember when you joined our basketball team? The only woman in the game, and she managed not to lose along the way."

It was as if the idea had come from nowhere, and Jinki was infinitely grateful to have accompanied Juliette even after knowing Ethan's true feelings. But how had not sought there? The only place he hadn't thought to look at was where he had made Jinwoo to confess his feelings in the worst way. That was it. He had to risk believing that the most precious thing for Juliette was hidden somewhere in the big field of grass.

There was something inside her that wouldn't let her go to sleep after Jinki left her in the apartment.

She sat on the balcony's floor watching the beautiful moon shining in the sky for an hour. What would come after the wedding? It was strange to think about sharing her life with someone. It had been a while since she felt connected to another person, and had even forgotten how it felt.

Since that bond was broken she not thought about trying again... but Jinki.

"You just have to be by my side, Angel, where I can see you and take care of you." Jinki stood in the doorway of the balcony, and Juliette got up.

"I... I am not used to that, Jinki."

"I know, just let me change that, don't be afraid of me, I will not leave you, ever, so you shouldn't be afraid that i leave."

Perhaps her eyes had become so transparent as glass too.

"Why are you doing this?" Juliette was scared. She feared of giving up.

"Juliette---"

"No! Why do you try to be so close to me? Don't do it."

"Juliette---"

"I told you I didn't want to get married and you didn't care. I tried to be bad." Juliette was starting to get desperate. "As if you didn't care about every bad thing I do, but I am not good for you."

"Juliette... I found it." He smiled lifting his arm, the bracelet that had been missing hung in it.

"You." She looked at him in disbelief. "You…"

This was one of the few times that Juliette was speechless.

Jinki smiled wider and put his arms around her, holding her against his chest, and it felt warm and welcoming.

"Why do you try so hard?" She whispered, her hands made fists against his chest.

"Because everything that is important to you, I want it to be for me too. You're good, but more important is that you are good to me, you're the one for me, so start to believe it from now on because I won't let you go."

Then when he pressed his lips on her forehead, she closed her eyes to the pleasant sensation, and his lips landed on his nose.

"I would like this moment last forever." His hands cupped her face, softly, and then she could feel the fusion of his lips against hers. The sweetness of his lips, so soft like the touch of a butterfly with Infinite sensations that ran through her body shaking her heart, so explosive inside her like an hurricane. 

He kissed her under the moonlight.

Sometime during the night she decided she would do her best to give the relationship a bit of her too as she remembered Jinki's mom and what she said that day: first you like him, then you fall in love, and eventually you love someone with all your heart. 

Both fell asleep on the couch hours later.

FLASHBACK ENDS.


Everytime i hear Onew singing "Moonlight" i feel so calm and in peace.
His voice is so sweet.

It's beautiful. 

And he loves when you subscribe to the story ♥