Destined Lovers

my First Love was scripted?

Without considering the producer’s direction, Taemin walks toward her. From the back she’s already beautiful, he thinks. He eagerly tip toes behind her, very curious to see her face. With his arms around his back, he cranes his neck to catch a glimpse. She gets scared at the sudden appearance of his face so close to hers. Taemin smiles at both her reaction and her beauty~
They both become very shy from Taemin’s awkward first impression.

“Ah. Hello.” She shyly bows a greeting to him.

He shyly bows back. His nerves come back.

“Are you...” he looks around for help from the producers “my...marriage partner?” 

“Yes, I am.” She replies back embarrassedly. 

They both awkwardly bow toward one another again. Taemin becomes more embarrassed because of his sudden difficulty with words. He recognized her of course. She’s Son Naeun, from Apink. She was one of the girls he circled as his ideal type. The sudden memory of this made him even more nervous. What would he say to break this mutual awkward atmosphere?

“Did you sleep well?” He asks to break the awkward tension.

“I was too nervous and excited, I couldn’t sleep.”

“Really?” He asks eagerly. 

“Yes.”

“I was nervous and excited too. I couldn’t sleep either.” this confession made him brave.

“I saw you and your members perform a while ago, and my members thought you were the prettiest~”

“Me? Why???” she asks genuinely shocked. 

“You just stood out the most... and in fact...” he stops suddenly aware of himself and his lack of experience

“... never mind.” 

“Oh! No. Please don’t stop. Tell me.” she says with a encouraging smile. 

“In the game ‘closest to your style’... you were... one-of-the-girls-i-circled.” he says quickly
“Ah~ really~” she covers her face in embarrassment. 

“Yeah,” he smiles “and I didn’t circle very many people...”

“Really? Thank you.” she bows and covers her face once again.

“You’re really pretty~”

“Oh? Oh no i’m really not.” she drops her head shyly.

“No I mean it. You’re really pretty.” he says.

“Well.. you’re good looking too!” she counters.

“Ah~” he smiles “You don’t have to say that.”

“No I mean it too. You’re...” she hesitates “good looking.”

This interaction makes him really brave and he starts

“Did you circle me too?”

There’s a brief silence.

“Oh. I guess not. That’s okay. I can change that.”

She giggles.

The producers stop the filming for a moment.

“Okay guys, now let’s add some common interest in order to start our ‘destined lovers’ storyline.”

“How do we do that?” Naeun asks.

“Well we did some research and it turns out you both went to the same junior high. So let’s start with that. Are you ready? Action.”

They resume.

“Someone told me we went to same junior high.” she tells him.

“Oh really?”

“Yes. I knew you, but you didn’t know me.” she says, reciting one of the lines the producer gave her. 

“Oh really? Did you ever see me?” Taemin asks.

“I saw you from afar while you were eating lunch.” she laughs at the aburdsy of the statement.
Naeun already knew that she and Taemin went to the same junior high. She remembers him. She remembers seeing him during break hour, during lunch hour, and he even sat close to her during their class periods. She always thought he was good looking and was too shy to say anything to him. And now here he was, sitting across from her, looking directly at her. Wow~ she thought. Maybe this could be real destiny.

Speaking to him felt so easy. It didn’t feel like acting for a drama. She felt nervous and excited, but calm at the same time? What were these feelings?

He notices her fiddling around with a ring on her index finger. A symbol of religion? It couldn’t be.
“Oh! Are you catholic too?”
“Yeah I am.” she smiles.

Wow~ he thought. What an interesting girl.

“Wow~ maybe we really are destined to be together.” he says without thinking.