Scripted Episode

my First Love was scripted?

“To tell you the truth, we were a bit nervous when Taemin told us that he was seeing a girl, since he’s our maknae and all.” Minho says sincerely.
Naeun’s ears perk up. She notes that he doesn’t call her sister-in-law, meaning he is being truthful.
“But after meeting you for the first time.. it makes sense. You suit him.” He says, trying to meet Taemin’s gaze. 
Taemin’s heart leaps. It feels good hearing his hyungs say things like this. 
“When I first heard that you guys were coming to visit us, I knew it was going to be fine, but since we are so close, it has been more difficult than I thought.” Taemin says apprehensively. 
“I mean.. you guys know everything about me! And you could have---”
“We should have embarrassed you more is what you mean right?” Minho cuts him off.
“He’s probably thinking ‘ah! i’m so relieved that Key didn’t say anything bad about me!’” Minho says to Key.
“Sometimes,” Key begins.
“Wait. What?! I’m scared.” Taemin’s heart leaps.
“Sometimes, when Taemin drinks..” Key begins again.
“He starts taking off his clothes!” Key and Minho say in tandem. 
This shocks Naeun. The idea of Taemin taking off his clothes distracts her.
“Really?” she says.
“Yeah in different rooms too, we’ll find a shirt here, a sock there. What do you think he takes off next?” Key says mischievously. 
Naeun laughs at the idea of Taemin slowly stripping throughout his dorm. At least he isn’t an angry drunk, or a crier. That would ruin her manly image of him.

“Anyways. Thank you very much for the meal.. and Taemin...” Minho stops abruptly.
“What?” Taemin smiles.

“Please take care of Taemin. It’s weird saying things like this.” Minho laughs.
“I’ll walk you guys out.” Taemin says in a hurry.
“Drive safely.” Naeun says, finally snapping out of her daze.
“Also, if someone shows up, make sure to open the door quickly!” Minho adds as he and Key walk out of the front door. 
“It feels weird leaving you behind.” Minho turns around.
“I agree. This feels strange.” Key chimes in.
“I feel like we should take you with us.” Minho says.
“No. I’ll see you guys back at the dorm.” Taemin says with a wide smile as he closes the door on them. 

As soon as the door shuts, Taemin’s legs give out. 

“Why couldn’t I say anything the whole time!” Taemin writhes on the floor.
“I couldn’t speak at all either.” Naeun feels like a weight has been lifted off of her shoulders and she bends forward slightly.
“Are you okay? I’m sorry about them... they’re..” Taemin’s words fail him again.
Seeing the look of stress on her face, Taemin suggests,
“Let’s just sit down and rest for a bit. We will relax each other.”
Naeun follows Taemin into their living room.
“WHAT THE? OH MY GOD?!” Taemin collapses onto the floor at the sight of Minho sitting comfortably on their sofa and Key casually having a glass of water.

Everyone bursts into uncontrollably laughter. 

“It was funny wasn’t it?! Wasn’t it?!” Minho says in fits of laughter.
“Okay now we’ll leave for real.” Key gets up and Minho follows him through the backdoor, and Taemin swiftly shuts and locks the door.
“Oh honestly. Honestly I was so suprised. That was too much. I feel completely drained.” Taemin says as he plops himself next to Naeun on their couch.
“Oh my head hurts...” Naeun says, scooting herself closer to Taemin.  
“Ah really? I’m sorry about them.” Taemin says as he gently rubs his index finger on Naeun’s temple. 
“I’ll get back at them for this, since they caused you pain.” Taemin says in mock concentration. 
“There. Did that help?” He smiles at her, looking into her surprised and frozen eyes.
“Yes.” Naeun says, holding his gaze.
“It’s amazing,” Taemin pulls his finger back. “When I’m with you, my nerves just go away.” 
“Me too. I’m so comfortable right now.” Naeun says quietly.
“It’s strange. As much comfortable as I am with the members, I kept wishing they would leave quickly. I wanted to spend time with you.. alone.” Taemin adds, looking at his hands, wondering if Naeun could see how they were shaking. Taemin could feel his heart racing caused by the electricity of touching her. He wonders if Naeun felt it too.

“I like having alone time as well.” Naeun turns her head to look at him directly. Taemin feels this, looks up, and his heart flutters at the proximity of her face. He notices her lips the most. 
“It’s better right? I’m so comfortable right now,” Taemin lays his head against a pillow, “I feel like I could say ‘I’m going to get ready for bed’.” 
The doorbell rings.
“Ah? What is that?” Taemin says grumpily. 

He opens the door to find that they have a mission, where they will meet the other WGM couples in the village.

Ah, another scripted episode with no time with Naeun? He thinks.

“Hang on, give us some time... hang on...” Taemin says in disappointment. He just wants some time alone with Naeun. 

Naeun is also disappointed that she won’t have another date with Taemin the next time they meet. 

“Alright guys. That’s enough for today. We will meet again early tomorrow for the scripted episode.”

Naeun’s heart drops. It’s a scripted episode, so she won’t have time to get to know Taemin more. The thought of this makes her heart ache.